Cecilia Zandalasini | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cecilia Zandalasini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
My understanding is Sierra will not be going to Rutgers, Penn State or Maryland. However, who knows as her decision has not been announced and those in close contact with her and her family are not saying why she hasn't announced.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE/] "CocoHusky, post: 1283517, member: 5823"]Likely will remain pro in europe. Only US school I have read her associated with is Cal. It was a negative association meaning either she or the school lost interest. PS I think that ranking maybe too low from what I have seen on Youtube. [/QUOTE]

I agree, the first person I thought of when I watched her jump shot was Maya Moore. She has a nice step back jumper and seems to run the floor with ease. I hope Geno at least talks with her.

The player she most reminds me of, as far as her game, is Abrosimova. Though about the same height she looks bigger and stronger than Abrosimova was, but I see a lot of similarity in the way they play. Agree that you can't have enough talented wings and I think she's as talented as any player in the 2015 class including Collier and Samuelson. Though I hate to say it, I think Duke is getting a future All-American in Salvadores too.

Reaction Score
So with all the praise that Zandalasini is getting Geno has no interest?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
There's another school besides a Big 10 school that's now in the mix for Sierra.

Reaction Score
Speaking of foreign players, a friend told me that years ago Geno expressed his annoyance with Svetlana Abrosimova, yelling that she only wanted to shoot the ball, to which she is reported to have replied," I didn't come 9,000 miles to set screens and play defense." For you UConn history buffs- is this true or not?

Reaction Score
Speaking of foreign players, a friend told me that years ago Geno expressed his annoyance with Svetlana Abrosimova, yelling that she only wanted to shoot the ball, to which she is reported to have replied," I didn't come 9,000 miles to set screens and play defense." For you UConn history buffs- is this true or not?
IIRC she said she didn't come all that way to pass.

Reaction Score
Aaaahh. Found it. http://mamurd.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html

-You have to scroll down quite a bit until you get to 06 July 2012, to the video titled "Do you know what a Screen is? Geno talks about Diana, Sue, Svet and Maya."
Geno pretends to be Svet, and in his worst Italian-Russian accent he imitates her saying, "I don't come 9,000 miles from Russia to set screen. I come to shoot."
-Old stuff, but a good laugh.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I so remember Geno telling CD no more foreign players
Said it on court at Rutgers during an early round conference tourney in the Svet days. After she did something he didn't like.

No more Foreigners is what he yelled. He also called Schumacher a Human Foul in the same game.

Very entertaining bench to sit behind! You can never hear Vivian say anything (neither can her players). At last year's WNIT final Viv had signs, and started jumping up and down in frustration at one point, crunching and un-crunching the sign as the players were not doing the right thing. Only time that the RU bench was as entertaining as Geno (or Harry)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Anyone know where she is headed? Ranked #4 by HoopGurlz but her NCAA future seems like a big mystery at this point.
Oh, say it isn't so!
She (Cecilia Zandalasini) is said to be considering a bunch of options, from South Florida to Minnesota to South Carolina and California. Throw in Florida, Mississippi State, Indiana, Texas, UCLA and more.
Please not South Carolina! Please let UCONN be among the other schools she at least looks at. Please Please........
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...eet-8-unsigned-seniors-turn-big-college-stars

Reaction Score
Aaaahh. Found it. http://mamurd.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html

-You have to scroll down quite a bit until you get to 06 July 2012, to the video titled "Do you know what a Screen is? Geno talks about Diana, Sue, Svet and Maya."
Geno pretends to be Svet, and in his worst Italian-Russian accent he imitates her saying, "I don't come 9,000 miles from Russia to set screen. I come to shoot."
-Old stuff, but a good laugh.
That's Geno being Geno. He is one of the great communicators of all time. I don't know of too many people whose interviews I enjoy more than his. He would be sensational at a roast because he's a funny, funny man. And the best coach in the history of women's basketball, EASILY!

Reaction Score
="Buzzyboy, post: 1298840, member: 1364"]That's Geno being Geno. He is one of the great communicators of all time. I don't know of too many people whose interviews I enjoy more than his. He would be sensational at a roast because he's a funny, funny man. And the best coach in the history of women's basketball, EASILY!
Yea i'd have to agree....he's quite hilarious at times.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You guys dont need her.
Somewhere on this board there a a great quote about good players being like beautiful women-Is there such a thing as having enough?
Need her?- No. Want her?-Yes!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Oh, say it isn't so!
She (Cecilia Zandalasini) is said to be considering a bunch of options, from South Florida to Minnesota to South Carolina and California. Throw in Florida, Mississippi State, Indiana, Texas, UCLA and more.
Please not South Carolina! Please let UCONN be among the other schools she at least looks at. Please Please...
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...eet-8-unsigned-seniors-turn-big-college-stars

Why not SC? Spread the love around Huskies! SC actually needs wings that can shoot beyond 2 feet from the goal... Unlike UCONN who shoots teams out of the gym every night. This girl would probably come off the bench at UCONN for two years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why not SC? Spread the love around Huskies! SC actually needs wings that can shoot beyond 2 feet from the goal... Unlike UCONN who shoots teams out of the gym every night. This girl would probably come off the bench at UCONN for two years.
Sounds like you are asking me to share and play nicely-Sorry I missed that lesson in pre-K and never made it up. If she sits on the UCONN bench for two year I hope she likes jewelry. I doubt that she sits on any NCAA bench including UCONN. She is a pro since the age of 13 and has elite level athleticism. Google her name with FIBA Shooting stars and you'll see what I am talking about.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Naw... she'd start at UCONN... or any other college in the USA

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sounds like you are asking me to share and play nicely-Sorry I missed that lesson in pre-K and never made it up. If she sits on the UCONN bench for two year I hope she likes jewelry. I doubt that she sits on any NCAA bench including UCONN. She is a pro since the age of 13 and has elite level athleticism. Google her name with FIBA Shooting stars and you'll see what I am talking about.

So you would probably say she should be the #1 recruit over Samuelson?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Samuelson is good but I honestly can't see her coming in as a freshmen and having anywhere near the impact on the game that Mosqueda-Lewis had. At least not yet.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes I would say that. I would get a lot of pushback especially here but I think she would be regularly contenting for NPOY with the right coaching.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes I would say that. I would get a lot of pushback especially here but I think she would be regularly contenting for NPOY with the right coaching.

You seem to know your stuff.... so who would you say is the top guard Durr ? Salvadores? or Other ?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You seem to know your stuff.... so who would you say is the top guard Durr ? Salvadores? or Other ?
Durr has always been ahead of everyone IMO best Guard in the class. Salvadores will be very good. I completely slept on Ali Patberg of ND and Watts of UNC so I trying to play catchup on both. Patberg is most intriguing great size at 5'11" and built like Kelly Faris. Complete tool set handles, 3Pt shot, defensive deamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom