Carwash Doesn't Disappoint | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carwash Doesn't Disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Why do we have to endure this nonsense?
Is it any less credible than the Non-Key Tweets thread? For that matter, what good has the Key-Tweets thread done. It's all crap until we get an invite. And, much like the Penthouse Letters someone mentioned, it's probably mostly fiction. I enjoy the car wash for the same reason as @dayooper, Its pure ridiculousness.
On LandThieves they now have the following story.

"I was at a ski resort back when the GoR had just been adopted and struck up a conversation with a man wearing a burnt orange Longhorn sweatshirt. He claimed to be a member of the Texas faculty, and also claimed to have been part of the team at UT that took part in drafting/approving the document; he assured me that there was a loophole for Texas to escape. He seemed genuine, so upon returning home, just for fun I looked him up on the UT website and the man I spoke with (don't remember his name) was in fact on the UT faculty as he claimed with picture that matched the name. That's primarily why I've never held to the position that the GoR is going to keep those schools with other options in the XII when they want out."

So they've got a ski resort and we have a car wash, though there's makes for a more interesting story if true.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I would tell you what I overheard at the Cinnabon this morning but I'd have to kill you and you wouldn't believe me anyway.

Reaction Score
Just for grins & giggles: Went to work out at the gym & saw one of the regulars wearing a Longhorn Network shirt with matching burnt orange laces in his hoop shoes. He was chatting with another regular that I know works for the 4-letter network across the town line & just wanted to keep the chatter to NBA talk. Couldn't get him to change the subject to the XII convention on Thursday.

Reaction Score
I would tell you what I overheard at the Cinnabon this morning but I'd have to kill you and you wouldn't believe me anyway.

You need to get your scoop at Panera Bread instead.:cool:

Reaction Score
I went to Starbucks this morning. There were three guys older guys in BiG sweatshirts, OSU, Mich and Wisky. I asked them about BiG expansion they said "what's that'? I explained it to them and they said "Rutgers is BiG? Really?"

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
These things read like a penthouse forum, for conf realignment fanatics. After the release I feel a bit ashamed for reading it so enthusiastically.

How many visitors come to The Boneyard looking for penthouse letters type material? Come for the erotica, stay for the witty banter.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
When I dumpster dive for CR nonsense, I prefer these carwash threads over sifting through days of back-and-forth squabbling between the Appalachia and Great Plains. At least these are UConn centric. I have to read through about 2 weeks of BTN T3 contract value or GOR strength to get to one little mention of how it could ultimately impact UConn, if at all. At least this car wash dude keeps it simple: if it ain't about UConn, it's crap.

Reaction Score
Why do we have to endure this nonsense?

Hell. Given the outlandish, absurd ideas/suggestions, "insider knowledge," absolute guarantees, absolute rebuttals and pure BS disguised as absolute truth; would anyone on this board be surprised if the defining confirmation on UConn and CR came via a conversation in a Carwash?

I mean, really. Would you?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hell. Given the outlandish, absurd ideas/suggestions, "insider knowledge," absolute guarantees, absolute rebuttals and pure BS disguised as absolute truth; would anyone on this board be surprised if the defining confirmation on UConn and CR came via a conversation in a Carwash?

I mean, really. Would you?
Id say it's most likely

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Used to use?
Does that line work? Does whatever is in that location now still do nickel night and where do I pick up the bus?

Reaction Score
What a beautiful day here in NC. I'm psyched for this weekends Navy game. My neighbors are Navy grads and after watching UCONN vs MO, they're very worried. Their words "UCONN is BACK." We will win this game, and we will win 8 or 9 this season. My Wake Range Rover buddy was beyond impressed. Word on recruiting trail is Diaco is quietly building something B1G, the strongest product UCONN has seen in its short D1 infancy . He also said ACC foes aren't happy how many recruits UCONN is being considered by since the conference they are in. He said "these kids, they're hearing B1G things, why else consider UCONN right now. I said come on man, give me more than that!! He said, kid, I can't but get ready to have a B1G smile sooner than later. Take it for what it's worth, but my car looks great ! Go Huskies!! I'm coming up alone for game, any tail gaters need a wing man or willing to adopt a fellow husky?

Athlete94, Sep 20, 2015

This post was proved true in the latest recruiting class, didn't it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Hmmm.......no.

I'm sure we have some diamonds in the rough, but I don't think their names are being whispered in fear in the halls of power...

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Hmmm..no.

I'm sure we have some diamonds in the rough, but I don't think their names are being whispered in fear in the halls of power...
There's no way some if not all these kids would consider UCONN, if one , PP is still the coach and two, Uconn still appeared in a downward spiral. If it's true or not, the WF guy keeps my hopes up... Go huskies

Reaction Score
What a beautiful day here in NC. I'm psyched for this weekends Navy game. My neighbors are Navy grads and after watching UCONN vs MO, they're very worried. Their words "UCONN is BACK." We will win this game, and we will win 8 or 9 this season. My Wake Range Rover buddy was beyond impressed. Word on recruiting trail is Diaco is quietly building something B1G, the strongest product UCONN has seen in its short D1 infancy . He also said ACC foes aren't happy how many recruits UCONN is being considered by since the conference they are in. He said "these kids, they're hearing B1G things, why else consider UCONN right now. I said come on man, give me more than that!! He said, kid, I can't but get ready to have a B1G smile sooner than later. Take it for what it's worth, but my car looks great ! Go Huskies!! I'm coming up alone for game, any tail gaters need a wing man or willing to adopt a fellow husky?

Athlete94, Sep 20, 2015

An old mafia Don, Santo Trafficanti I think, once said, "Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead." A recruiting class plus parents? That's more than three.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No one said this Wake Forest car war wash dude is of any authority. But it sure makes good entertainment. Far better and more realistic than the damn Twitter freaks.
and yet I keep coming back for more...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Michelle Beadle is car wash man?! Now this is getting interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom