Carwash Doesn't Disappoint | The Boneyard

Carwash Doesn't Disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Went down to the car wash today, didn't see my "source" at first so I thought I would have nothing to share. Again, I take all this with a grain of salt until I actually read it in black and white. Anyway, as my vehicle was getting detailed, his wash getting washed so he had more time to kill since mine was about done. He walks up to me and says "hey young timer, how's it shaking?" I see you lost your B1G AD to Michigan. I said yeah, tough loss but hopefully he can be an advocate to help getting us in some where faster as the head man at Big Blue. He said, well WM is well respected and UCONN is the latest buzz in major/B1G circles. He thinks this hire is and will be a huge motivator for us to be on the move very soon. TV deals are cooking he said so the B1G players have things in place and pieces of the national puzzle will begin to shuffle and UCONN is being tossed around in a very positive manner, so much that we are even being talked about in the ACC world but his source feels it is just talk to lock ND into the ACC but that UCONN is likely headed for B1GGER pastures. I said come on, he said I would not lie to you, I said I believe him and hoped he was right. I told him about this board and he chuckled and said he doesn't read the WF or any boards but he knows the powers at be to browse them for fan opinion .. Take it for what it is worth , I for one hope he is right.. I will wash his RR for life if he is..

Reaction Score
stephen-a-smith-skeptical-face-bw.png

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Hmm, would question ND. Who has leverage on ND? Which leads me to believe just talk.
Like I said, take it with a grain of salt, he hasn't been wrong, he did say big things were coming, the WM is gone, what's next?

Reaction Score
Hmm, would question ND. Who has leverage on ND? Which leads me to believe just talk.

If the P5 does become the P4 in the relatively near future, it likely means that the only way into the college football playoff will be through one of the four surviving conferences. Thus, ND and the other independents will have to join full-time of be left behind.

That said, if it does become the P4, some schools will be left out and they will raise a big enough of a legal ruckus that the playoffs will move to a 8 team configuration. The 4 P4 conference winners plus two 'wild cards' from the P4 and then the top 2 representatives from the non P4 conferences with the 1st round of the playoffs held at the home of the higher seed.

Reaction Score
If the P5 does become the P4 in the relatively near future, it likely means that the only way into the college football playoff will be through one of the four surviving conferences. Thus, ND and the other independents will have to join full-time of be left behind.

That said, if it does become the P4, some schools will be left out and they will raise a big enough of a legal ruckus that the playoffs will move to a 8 team configuration. The 4 P4 conference winners plus two 'wild cards' from the P4 and then the top 2 representatives from the non P4 conferences with the 1st round of the playoffs held at the home of the higher seed.

Yup, I just wonder when there will be pressure that ND recognizes. When their NBC contract expires? Has it been profitable for NBC? And if yes, that's alot of solo money to somehow give up for shared money. But, yeah they could be forced. Just doesn't seem like it will be anytime soon. So to flirt with us to put pressure on ND, when we were rejected by the new power players in the ACC doesn't line up. If Fl st/Clemson were the power player in our rejection now they are willing to use us to woo ND? Like ND is going to believe that it's them or us better act now.

Reaction Score
This sounds like the weiderest interaction ever. Skiblets has better info from his Spring game cornhole game, even after 20 drinks.

Went down to the car wash today, didn't see my "source" at first so I thought I would have nothing to share. Again, I take all this with a grain of salt until I actually read it in black and white. Anyway, as my vehicle was getting detailed, his wash getting washed so he had more time to kill since mine was about done. He walks up to me and says "hey young timer, how's it shaking?" I see you lost your B1G AD to Michigan. I said yeah, tough loss but hopefully he can be an advocate to help getting us in some where faster as the head man at Big Blue. He said, well WM is well respected and UCONN is the latest buzz in major/B1G circles. He thinks this hire is and will be a huge motivator for us to be on the move very soon. TV deals are cooking he said so the B1G players have things in place and pieces of the national puzzle will begin to shuffle and UCONN is being tossed around in a very positive manner, so much that we are even being talked about in the ACC world but his source feels it is just talk to lock ND into the ACC but that UCONN is likely headed for B1GGER pastures. I said come on, he said I would not lie to you, I said I believe him and hoped he was right. I told him about this board and he chuckled and said he doesn't read the WF or any boards but he knows the powers at be to browse them for fan opinion .. Take it for what it is worth , I for one hope he is right.. I will wash his RR for life if he is..

pj

Reaction Score
Why so skeptical? Just because @Athlete94 can predict days in advance that his car wash visit will coincide with one from the Wake guy, and that the Wake guy will then have inside information about B1G deliberations, which he will share, even though Wake guy only knows @Athlete94 from a few chance contacts at the car wash?

Reaction Score
Why do I get the feeling HFD is behind all this. The ultimate payback for getting booted. Better writing skills than HFD but not so far as HFD could have improved. It's easy to get a different IP address.

The thing that throws a wrench into this is both parties just happen to be getting their car washed at the same time every week or every other week. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You take this guy's word with a grain of salt? Really? You don't take the car wash guy's word as gospel??

:rolleyes:

Whatever keep it coming.

Reaction Score
With no rain in NC, it must have been a good day for a car wash. B1G time, we're headed to the B1G.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we will all buy him free car washes if we get in the B1G.
I've already made my pledge and I stick by it:
upload_2016-1-31_23-42-24.png

Hell, I'll even go for a year's supply.

Reaction Score
A chronology of what we've learned so far:

Over the weekend, I ran into a local NC man at a carwash. I've seen him there before and he's said the same thing to me. I was wearing a uconn pullover, and he said UCONN huh? I said yes sir!! He was wearing a Wake Forest pullover. He said again, he knows a prominent donor on the board of trustees at Wake, and UCONN is wanted in the ACC, and the announcment could come some point this year. I said, yeah right, he said no really. There are a lot of schools that want UCONN and that the ones that have been blocking them will not be able to this time. I don't care where we go, as long as its out of this conference.

Athlete94, Mar 23, 2015

Wake Range Rover guy back again today. Says hey kid got some updates for you.. rumor inside "your huskies are not coming here, but B1G things are being discussed and come bowl season, more announcements will be made!" Keep your head up, sad they won't be joining us." I then said, you better be right or no more Rain-X for you!!!

Athlete94, Aug 9, 2015

What a beautiful day here in NC. I'm psyched for this weekends Navy game. My neighbors are Navy grads and after watching UCONN vs MO, they're very worried. Their words "UCONN is BACK." We will win this game, and we will win 8 or 9 this season. My Wake Range Rover buddy was beyond impressed. Word on recruiting trail is Diaco is quietly building something B1G, the strongest product UCONN has seen in its short D1 infancy . He also said ACC foes aren't happy how many recruits UCONN is being considered by since the conference they are in. He said "these kids, they're hearing B1G things, why else consider UCONN right now. I said come on man, give me more than that!! He said, kid, I can't but get ready to have a B1G smile sooner than later. Take it for what it's worth, but my car looks great ! Go Huskies!! I'm coming up alone for game, any tail gaters need a wing man or willing to adopt a fellow husky?

Athlete94, Sep 20, 2015

My normal WF guy was chatting me up over the weekend. He says he's hearing the Big 12 rumors, but his sources say we will have Bigger news soon. I am not sure what that meant, but he says your Huskies will be smiling Big from coast to coast, ear to ear. He then said, later pal, until next time.. Next time I see ya, I bet you have news for me.. Range Rover out...

Athlete94, Jan 11, 2016

And Latest:

Athlete94, Yesterday at 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69