Caroline Ducharme’s Ascent | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme’s Ascent

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
This is a good article about Caroline and what she's done since the 4th quarter of the Notre Dame game. The only downside of the article is not once did it mention that she overwhelmingly won this week's Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award. Otherwise, a good summary of what she's done while we've been watching and smiling. I like her, I like her a lot.

Reaction Score
She has been such a bright spot in this season full of darkness. I am so happy she has had this opportunity to shine, and think it will help her and the team so much when we are at full strength later this year.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
What is this "Carol" business? It's on the Twitter cited above. It seemed as though the reporters were joking about it in the pre-game session with CDu and Evina. I thought I heard Geno yelling "Carol" during the game, though that might have been someone else.

Can someone with insider knowledge dish on the secret?

Reaction Score
She has been such a bright spot in this season full of darkness. I am so happy she has had this opportunity to shine, and think it will help her and the team so much when we are at full strength later this year.

I agree 100% on all of what you said. Watching Caroline's growth has been such a joy. Once she got the minutes and opportunity to play through mistakes, with have been few, she has taken advantage and the sky is the limit with her potential. The classic example of, "All I ask is a fair opportunity and watch me shine". Caroline is making the best of her opportunity and her confidence has grown.

Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, so much of the offseason talk was about Azzi Fudd being the missing piece from last year. I almost think Ducharme is the one that was the missing link. She provides length on the wing, plays good defense, can shoot the ball, and score from a multitude of spots on the floor. Having her on last year's team would have been interesting to see. (I know we haven't seen a healthy Fudd yet, so she could still prove to be that player)

It's too bad we aren't healthy, because I think she would play really well with Paige given her ability to be in constant motion on offense. This opportunity will surely pay dividends for her growth at Uconn.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, so much of the offseason talk was about Azzi Fudd being the missing piece from last year. I almost think Ducharme is the one that was the missing link. She provides length on the wing, plays good defense, can shoot the ball, and score from a multitude of spots on the floor. Having her on last year's team would have been interesting to see. (I know we haven't seen a healthy Fudd yet, so she could still prove to be that player)

It's too bad we aren't healthy, because I think she would play really well with Paige given her ability to be in constant motion on offense. This opportunity will surely pay dividends for her growth at Uconn.
Your post made me think about the women's game today where the best players have a specialty. You're great at driving to the basket, or you're a great 3-point shooter, or you play great defense, etc... Caroline's speciality is she's pretty good at everything. I like that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The ball finds her. Similar to Paige.
I’m looking forward to seeing both of them on the court at the same time again. The extra minutes Caroline is getting have been invaluable to her development. Their combined three-point shooting should open up the paint as well making it easier to drive for Evina and Christyn. I wouldn’t mind seeing what a healthy Azzi can do either.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What is this "Carol" business? It's on the Twitter cited above. It seemed as though the reporters were joking about it in the pre-game session with CDu and Evina. I thought I heard Geno yelling "Carol" during the game, though that might have been someone else.

Can someone with insider knowledge dish on the secret?

From the Urban Dictionary. Urban Dictionary: Carol For those unfamiliar with this resource, the Urban Dictionary is a site where users can enter their descriptions of words or phrases that have made it into the vernacular. If you browse that site, prepare yourself for some, um, colorful language.

Carol

A beautiful dark-haired girl who has an infectious personality. Her friends think she's wonderful, and her only enemies are those who are jealous of her. She's smart and talented, and is the funniest person you will ever meet. If you show her this definition, she will undoubtedly refute it, because she is also very modest.
Carol is the perfect person.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From the Urban Dictionary. Urban Dictionary: Carol For those unfamiliar with this resource, the Urban Dictionary is a site where users can enter their descriptions of words or phrases that have made it into the vernacular. If you browse that site, prepare yourself for some, um, colorful language.

Carol

A beautiful dark-haired girl who has an infectious personality. Her friends think she's wonderful, and her only enemies are those who are jealous of her. She's smart and talented, and is the funniest person you will ever meet. If you show her this definition, she will undoubtedly refute it, because she is also very modest.
Funny how opposite this is from the traits connecting to a similar sounding name "Karen". I assume no one is naming their kids Karen anymore.

PS. My sister's name is Carol and it fits pretty well. :)

Reaction Score
This is the sort of performance we expect from UConn recruits who are ranked highly, but perhaps not considered "can't miss superstars." So many come to mind. Caroline Doty? Kelly Faris? So many others. What we don't expect from Coach Geno recruits is backsliding, as we've seen from the current seniors.

She's going to be amazing. A can't miss WNBA first rounder! Height. Strength. Quickness. Aggressiveness. And a UConn/Coach Auriemma pedigree.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to open up a can of worms, but does anybody think Ms. Ducharme would have progressed as far as she has if she had not been force fed playing time due to the team's numerous injuries?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to open up a can of worms, but does anybody think Ms. Ducharme would have progressed as far as she has if she had not been force fed playing time due to the team's numerous injuries?
Not as far so fast but her game would have leaked out. Remember, her breakout game was the 4th Q of ND when Paige and Nika were still in the roster. Also remember the 2Q she actually had another set of bumbles. Just imagine the mental fortitude Caroline showed putting her negative game aside and dominating the most important game of the season in front of a rabid fanbase when the game was still very competitive. She would be getting 20+ minutes no matter who we have.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

Carol

Thanks!

Reaction Score
Probably not. I hope the same thing happens to Azzi Fudd when she get healthy enough to play.

Reaction Score
Not as far so fast but her game would have leaked out. Remember, her breakout game was the 4th Q of ND when Paige and Nika were still in the roster. Also remember the 2Q she actually had another set of bumbles. Just imagine the mental fortitude Caroline showed putting her negative game aside and dominating the most important game of the season in front of a rabid fanbase when the game was still very competitive. She would be getting 20+ minutes no matter who we have.
Agree on the mental fortitude comment, but greatly disagree on the minutes statement.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Agree on the mental fortitude comment, but greatly disagree on the minutes statement.
Minutes Exercise (now with Aubrey out)

Paige 30
Azzi 25
Caroline 25
CW 20
Evina 20
Dorka 20
Liv 20
Aaliyah 20
Nika 12
Piath 3
Deberry 5

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I’m just hoping many will be patient with the speed bumps that will invariably occur in her assent
It is rarely a straight line.
She will be a joy to watch developing.
Will prove to be a key piece in future championships.
One of the by-products of her success will be she'll get a LOT more attention from our opponents in the form of double teams, face guarding, etc. She's gonna have to learn to deal with that. I'll give her all the patience she needs!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I agree 100% on all of what you said. Watching Caroline's growth has been such a joy. Once she got the minutes and opportunity to play through mistakes, with have been few, she has taken advantage and the sky is the limit with her potential. The classic example of, "All I ask is a fair opportunity and watch me shine". Caroline is making the best of her opportunity and her confidence has grown.
Sometimes Geno is too impatient with young players like Caroline. Now he has no choice. I just hope he does not pull her when Azzi returns. I would much rather see Caroline, Nika, and Azzi getting the lion's share of the minutes. Evina and Christyn have plateau and will not improve their play and leadership. Geno is being to loyal to the seniors. The following is usually attributed to Albert Einstein. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sometimes Geno is too impatient with young players like Caroline. Now he has no choice. I just hope he does not pull her when Azzi returns. I would much rather see Caroline, Nika, and Azzi getting the lion's share of the minutes. Evina and Christyn have plateau and will not improve their play and leadership. Geno is being to loyal to the seniors. The following is usually attributed to Albert Einstein. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
But what if we like the results?
EECD1B28-0072-47AB-8F36-11AC2F6AFC01.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom