Caroline Ducharme’s Ascent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme’s Ascent

Reaction Score
Sometimes Geno is too impatient with young players like Caroline. Now he has no choice. I just hope he does not pull her when Azzi returns. I would much rather see Caroline, Nika, and Azzi getting the lion's share of the minutes. Evina and Christyn have plateau and will not improve their play and leadership. Geno is being to loyal to the seniors. The following is usually attributed to Albert Einstein. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
I think she is set in the starting lineup. Geno said, after the Louisville game (Caroline 24pts) that she would be getting "a ton of minutes" going forward. Not likely that he would reverse that given the number of times he has complimented her. After the Creighton game, he said the team could "use two or three" players just like her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think she is set in the starting lineup. Geno said, after the Louisville game (Caroline 24pts) that she would be getting "a ton of minutes" going forward. Not likely that he would reverse that given the number of times he has complimented her. After the Creighton game, he said the team could "use two or three" players just like her.
Geno likes to play players when he has a pretty good idea of what he’s going to get from them in a game. Caroline’s string of good games bodes well for a spot in the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
But what if we like the results?
View attachment 72381
Except Christyn, Evina and Liv had nothing to do with those. Bumping one of the seniors now for Caroline, and another for Azzi after she has a breakout game is a legitimate question. The seniors were needed to step up and take a bigger role during this stretch of being short handed, and generally came up short, partly because of fatigue, but still very disappointing. They gave Geno an excuse to make a change if he wants to.

Caroline looks like she has earned her prominent new role, and while Azzi needs to prove herself in a game or two, but that could happen quickly. Liv's starting position over Dorka should not be considered a given either. Either could be a starter by year end.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Watcha doin fer me now! Don't dwell on the past. Ain't work in today! Insanity!
Well if you’re looking at patterns, you’re looking at patterns over a period of time. That’s just how that works.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Well if you’re looking at patterns, you’re looking at patterns over a period of time. That’s just how that works.
Not looking for patterns just results now with today's players. Past is irrelevant. Eleven championships with transcendent players. No transcendent players on today's team. Paige is not playing.

Reaction Score
I have zero problem with not starting either Azzi or Caroline, or Dorka for that matter. Just give them PT and know where your bread is buttered in the 4th quarter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not looking for patterns just results now with today's players. Past is irrelevant. Eleven championships with transcendent players. No transcendent players on today's team. Paige is not playing.
Well, those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it right? Experience is absolutely relevant, that’s why it takes time for people to reach the highest and best version of themselves.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I had remembered flattering quotes in the summer from Geno, Azzi and CW but I did not recall Paige's strong comments about Caroline.

“She’s sort of deceitful,” Bueckers continued. “She doesn’t seem like an attack, aggressive personality, but once she gets on the court, she’s taking people to the cup, shooting the ball really well here. She’s just quiet. It’s definitely under disguise, she’s a killer on the court.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom