Cardoso to SC | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wolfe613

Dawn Staley just doing work as usual. SC was already my preseason favorite this helps but I won't go over the moon and say this is the difference maker in SC winning or losing, I think it's more that Uconn didn't get her that benefits SC

Reaction Score
The question has to be asked - Why can't Geno close the deal with talented Bigs who are interested in UConn? Geno lost Boston, Betts, now Cordosa. HUGE implications...

Reaction Score
I'd take the over next year against UConn.............I don't care if South Carolina recruits a center as tall as Manute Bol, they're not stopping PB and from three point land.........
Yeah that’s the thing if we’re an excellent 3 pt shooting team, it doesn’t matter about height we’ll be hard to stop. 3 pointers are worth more than 2 (incase anyone didn’t know ?)

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Wasn't impressed with Cardoso while at Syracuse and won't be with her at SC
Of course you're not. She would have had to commit to your favorite school for you to be impressed. She was ACC ROY and Defensive player of the year....She was not impressive at all for a freshman...(insert sarcasm here).

W

wolfe613

Of course you're not. She would have had to commit to your favorite school to be impressed. She was ACC ROY and Defensive player of the year....She was not impressive at all for a freshman...(insert sarcasm here).
it really is sad, 2 weeks ago when she was going to be a "lock" to Uconn nothing but positive things. Now she picks another school "horrible player." Can never be happy for someone else that is not Uconn related

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
it really is sad, 2 weeks ago when she was going to be a "lock" to Uconn nothing but positive things. Now she picks another school "horrible player." Can never be happy for someone else that is not Uconn related
Who said she’s a horrible player? You put that in quotes so you must be quoting someone

Reaction Score
I don't know what you were reading because I saw a lot of negative things about her in that thread and a lot of people said that we didn't need her and they didn't want her to come here.

Reaction Score
If they are girls who want to play together as a team to win a national championship, Yes.

If they are a group of individualists who only care about minutes and individual stats, No. But then, they are welcome to transfer. the four bigs are Boston, Amihere, Cordoso and Feagin. I don't count our other forwards as "bigs."

Feagin is da' yute. She will have time to develop her skills and get a bit of PT in her first year. Unless she comes in as a steady hand in the midrange game as a small forward, she will need the year to develop.
I’ e never seen Saxton play anything but the four. I guess we find out whether she can play the three and whether Beal can find minutes at the two? Interesting puzzle.

Reaction Score
The question has to be asked - Why can't Geno close the deal with talented Bigs who are interested in UConn? Geno lost Boston, Betts, now Cordosa. HUGE implications...
You can ask it. Not everyone has to.

Reaction Score
You apparently are considering the conference and OOC schedule. Yes SCAR will have little difficulty this year with the SEC. But if you consider playing Baylor, Stamford, and UConn, SCAR at this point doesn't have the balance to win those games.

Was SC one of Cardoso’s finalist in her recruiting process? If so, curious as to what changed her mind this time when the SC roster will be the same as when she committed to Cuse besides the incoming SC frosh.
Cardoso was in SC top 3 or 4 and was suppose to visit. For some reason she committed to Syracuse before the visit occurred if I am not mistaken.

Reaction Score
Twin towers have seldom won championships on either the men or women’s side. Ironically, perhaps the most successful twin towers on the women’s side was the 6’4” Lobo and 6’7” Wolters. In contrast, SC won its one championship after one of its twin towers, Coates, went down, allowing for better spacing and guard play during the tournament.

No doubt SC will be better next year, but the main reason will be due to the improved play of their guards. Cardoso might mean no foul trouble or conditioning worries for SC, but I’m willing to bet the +/- when both Boston and Cardoso is on the floor will be less than when only one is on the floor.

On edit: I don’t think either UConn or SC was the best choice for Cardoso. Texas, LSU and Duke are all destinations where her presence would have made a greater impact for both the programs and herself.
Seldom may be true, but it's still possible. Baylor did it in 2019 with Brown (6'7") and Cox (6'4"). I don't know if Stanford's style could be considered a twin towers approach, but they won a title this year and their height was a big factor when they played SC.

It's too early to tell how things will play out with SC and the upcoming season. Who knows how Cardoso will be utilized in the offence? And Boston has been developing an outside shot, making some 3s this year. It will be fun to speculate though. The results of what teams do during the offseason are going to be interesting.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
These questions May Be asked:
1. Did Geno recruit Ms. Cardoso before she decided to enroll at Syracuse? Assumptions and speculations do not equate to evidence.
2. Did Geno attempt to recruit Ms. Cardoso when she entered the portal? Please provide objective facts to support your position. N.B. Repetition is not a valid substitute for objective facts.
3. Is there any truth to the rumor that Ms. Cardoso was offended by the unfortunately large number of UConn fans who persisted in calling her by names other than her own, e.g., CardoZo, CardosA, COrdosA?
4. Does the definition of "talented Bigs" include Liv, Ms. DeBerry, Ms. Edwards, Ms. Brady?

Please "close the deal" for us mere mortals.

Reaction Score
Several of the comments today regarding her skillset since she's announced her choice of SC are ALOT more critical than when it was rumored she was coming to uconn. That seems to be a pattern when recruits do not choose UConn.

I didn't see what you are saying though I skimmed through the pages.

With that said, if Stewie were to get traded to Ct Sun - there would be a natural discussion mostly of what she can do for the CT Sun, and not near as much as to how she can get stopped, right?

If she were to get traded to a rival in the East/in the Division , while the CT Sun were a threat to win it, then the discussion would naturally turn as to how to stop her, and not much as to highlighting her strengths, right? None of us are scouts or if there are - they are very very few, right?

Are you sure that wasn't being done here with Cardoso?

I mean they (Cardoso to UCONN vs Cardoso to SC) would have to be analyzed differently, right? Because if she were to come to UCONN- she is playing with superior guards, while now she is going to SC, she is going to play with superior post play, right? Because Geno is probably running a lot different offense than Dawn I'd expect. So as a result, there are different strengths and weaknesses/integration that can also be discussed.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im reading this thread and I have to wonder. We all knew coming into this season UConn SC and Stanford would be the top teams. Cardoso is a great catch for SC. I mentioned in a post a few days ago what effect would Cardoso have on recruiting and the recruits and roster players who are already here????? If she came to UConn would other players not come or leave? What about the disappointment of top players( and thats all Geno has) not getting the playtime they thought they were going to get. Hey KC is 6'7 and good and will get better and playing in a big line up sure is intimidating. Im sure glad DeBerry is here and glad Dorka are at UConn. Dont forget we're 6'5 6'5 6'4 6'2 and next season we add 6'4 and 6'2. We're alot better then some are giving us credit for. Just because we didnt get 6'7 doesnt mean we any less good they we were last week. Hey when Baylor had 6'8 we beat them twice. When we play SC next season it gonna be a great game. Remember guards win big games for top teams. Im not worried about what SC or Stanford has. My only concern is who UConn has and we will be much better this season then last season .

Reaction Score
You apparently are considering the conference and OOC schedule. Yes SCAR will have little difficulty this year with the SEC. But if you consider playing Baylor, Stamford, and UConn, SCAR at this point doesn't have the balance to win those games.

a much less deep in every respect South Carolina team had point blank looks to beat two of those teams last year.
Anyone recall playing SC when they had A’Ja Wilson and Alaina Coates? Pretty good bigs, yes? Did they win?
Yes.

Reaction Score
I don't know what you were reading because I saw a lot of negative things about her in that thread and a lot of people said that we didn't need her and they didn't want her to come here.
Thank you. I heard a lot of criticism of her game as well. In the little poll here, I believe 36 percent of us said "NO" to her coming here, I being one of those...

Reaction Score
So UConn, Auburn and Texas are all not in.

2021-2022 season will be only between UConn and South Carolina.

Kinda figured it would end up like this anyway. And LSU had such high hopes. As if.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The ONLY implication here is that you are either a troll or you don't understand UConn recruiting, probably both. UConn recruits fewer of the top players than almost any other public university. and there are numbers of players in the top ten that do not get an offer from UConn.

Reaction Score
Let’s see they were a put back from winning the NC. All their players return
They added the acc newcomer of the year
And they have a number of very highly
Regarded incoming freshmen
They certainly have some weaknesses
But to think South Carolina will not be an improved team and very very difficult to beat is imho not realistic
Thanks for stating what should be obvious. South Carolina is already a strong defensive team. Adding a 6'7" shot blocker to that mix makes them a scary defensive team.

Reaction Score
If the SC fans are anything like the BY fans, are any of them wondering if Amihere, Saxton and/or Grissett are going to be sticking around to play backup for the rest of their SC careers?

Honestly? Not really worried about it. These girls are tight with each other. It's more about "team" than it is "individual."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom