gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
While I would love to say yes
In my right mind I cannot see victory in any of the 3 remaining matches
IF they play like they did vs UVA maybe a Tulane victory
BC is fighting for a bowl berth and cannot afford a loss - especially to UConn
Temple is too good right now in comparative to UConn
To lose to East Carolina and CF the way they did (not to mention Navy and Cuse) I just don't see it
Maine was a stroke of luck (can't believe I said that!)
This team is rolling down a hill in a barrel and HCBD has NO idea on how to stop it
Hope I'm wrong but don't think so

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes they can. You don't need to go any further back than the 2010 season. We were 3-5 coming off a humiliating loss to Louisville which was proceeded by a bad loss to Rutgers and we had a West Virginia team UConn had never beaten coming up next. The Boneyard had threads about firing Edsall and predictions about not winning another game. Well, we won 5 straight and the next game we lost was to Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. The same people that were calling for Edsall's head were now bitching about him leaving for Maryland.

They were 3-4 of the Louisville game. It was actually after the Temple loss where Waylon predicted UConn wouldn't win again.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We're not winning another game this year. Temple owns us, BC is going to be a huge letdown after years of build up and Tulane will be a classic "get the season over with" no-show. 6 straight losing seasons.

Reaction Score
Not if the o-lines doesn't re-calibrate.

SportSourceAnalytics@SportSourceA 2 hours ago
Top 5 FBS defenses creating the highest % of negative plays this year@UMichFootball @CanesFootball @SouthernMissFB @BCEagles & @Temple_FB

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not if the o-lines doesn't re-calibrate.

SportSourceAnalytics@SportSourceA 2 hours ago
Top 5 FBS defenses creating the highest % of negative plays this year@UMichFootball @CanesFootball @SouthernMissFB @BCEagles & @Temple_FB
LOL YES

Reaction Score
I think they can. What do they need to do? It would be a great finish if they could -- and then they can head to a bowl game.

What have you seen that leads you to believe that they can? I was excited after beating Cinci, but it actually turns out that Cinci isn't any good. Not to mention we looked worse than them for half the game.

Reaction Score
IMG_0390.JPG
I think they can. What do they need to do? It would be a great finish if they could -- and then they can head to a bowl game.

From the debacle I witnessed against East Carolina it's hard to believe that we can win another game because the team quit. I don't care how many changes you make, once the heart is gone-the game is over. If UCONN by some stretch beats Temple it will show that the team still has fight and the goal is to go to a bowl. Friday night is basically the season.

Reaction Score
I think the team can win -- in spite of the coaching. If they can pyche themselves up -- they can win all three of the next games. Then UConn can start looking for new coaches.

Reaction Score
It seems like the team has quit. The coaches have been abused by every opposing staff. Offense ineffective. Defense out of synch. 0-3 looks to be a certainty.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have a feeling about Friday. Honest to God, I have a feeling about it.

Something tells me that Diaco knows his "culo" is on the fire right now. I think he's going to change up the way he does things on Friday. I think he's going to allow the people underneath him to change up the way they do things. And I KNOW we have the dogs on our sidelines to win the fight.

UConn 24 - Temple 17

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have a feeling about Friday. Honest to God, I have a feeling about it.

Something tells me that Diaco knows his "culo" is on the fire right now. I think he's going to change up the way he does things on Friday. I think he's going to allow the people underneath him to change up the way they do things. And I KNOW we have the dogs on our sidelines to win the fight.

UConn 24 - Temple 17

I wish I had just one single ounce of your optimism, Dan. I really, really do. The only thing that is giving me even the slightest sliver of hope about Friday night is the fact that Cincinnati has always been a thorn in our side too and we just beat them. Temple has absolutely owned us and the most recent games haven't been all that close at all. They are very physical, have a better QB, have a much better OL, and are much better coached than we are. We do match up better against teams that don't play high flying offense and Temple certainly doesn't...but they do play our style of football about 10000000x better than we do.

It's early in the week, but my gut is saying Temple wins and covers the 10 points they are laying. But I'll be there on Friday anyway, probably against better judgment. Go Dogs!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How many Bloody Mary's have you had so far? Based on yesterday's performance I'd be shocked if they even win 1, max. 2 of the last 3. The teams are lousy, but so is UConn.

And based on the performance against Cinci and maybe Navy, they should win out. I'm no longer optimistic, but I certainly do not expect UConn to have another game like they had against ECU again this season, or hopefully, anytime in the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
I predict we'll win Friday night, but BC beats us and we then close out with a win at home to Tulane in front of an "announced" crowd of 23k plus...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I wish I had just one single ounce of your optimism, Dan. I really, really do. The only thing that is giving me even the slightest sliver of hope about Friday night is the fact that Cincinnati has always been a thorn in our side too and we just beat them. Temple has absolutely owned us and the most recent games haven't been all that close at all. They are very physical, have a better QB, have a much better OL, and are much better coached than we are. We do match up better against teams that don't play high flying offense and Temple certainly doesn't...but they do play our style of football about 10000000x better than we do.

It's early in the week, but my gut is saying Temple wins and covers the 10 points they are laying. But I'll be there on Friday anyway, probably against better judgment. Go Dogs!

We haven't lost a Friday night game at The Rent in 2 years. I'm playing the odds... ;)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The idea that Edsall and Diaco are somehow equivalent D-IA coaches, and that Diaco could re-create an Edsall-style late season winning streak, is as insane as Diaco is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom