Can someone explain to me | The Boneyard

Can someone explain to me

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The difference between RJ Cole and Antwoine Anderson?

I just see similarities.

Both lefty transfers from small schools. Both asked to be starters when they are bench minute players. Both trying to do things by default ( and necessity) that aren’t in their skill sets.

This team needs PG help badly. Because we’ve got a million other pieces.

gaffney really needs to step up.

Reaction Score
Not much. Cole literally can’t get by his defender. Also asking Gaff to step up is somewhat unfair. He’s just not that type of player. Too many on this board are bestowing abilities on him that he just doesn’t have, or hasn’t shown he has.

August_West

Reaction Score
RJ Cole has scored over 1500 points so far in his 2 year college career.

Anderson didn’t score 1000 in 4 years.
Not for uconn. Dude is shooting something like 30%.

I like him. He plays hard. Defends decent. I’m not insulting him ( or Antwoine) by comparison. It’s just apt ( in my opinion) right now.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We knew Cole wouldn't be very good based on the historical examples. Gaffney needs to step up asap.

Reaction Score
Not much. Cole literally can’t get by his defender. Also asking Gaff to step up is somewhat unfair. He’s just not that type of player. Too many on this board are bestowing abilities on him that he just doesn’t have, or hasn’t shown he has.
I think Gaffney has a high ceiling, but he’s not even trying to scratch that potential in games and I’m not sure how much longer they can justify playing him big minutes. They already have recruited over him with Diggins, but clearly we still need more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The difference between RJ Cole and Antwoine Anderson?

I just see similarities.

Both lefty transfers from small schools. Both asked to be starters when they are bench minute players. Both trying to do things by default ( and necessity) that aren’t in their skill sets.

This team needs PG help badly. Because we’ve got a million other pieces.

gaffney really needs to step up.

Gaff had a real poor first half. I'm beginning to get the feeling he's a kid that needs 25-30 mpg every game to be effective.

He just doesn't do well coming in for 4-5 minutes. As others on this board have said he is playing like he doesn't want to make a mistake and get out on the bench.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Not for uconn. Dude is shooting something like 30%.

I like him. He plays hard. Defends decent. I’m not insulting him ( or Antwoine) by comparison. It’s just apt ( in my opinion) right now.
I’m not a fan of RJ Cole running the offense either. I think he’s in over his head and the reason why he was recruited to Howard are being exposed.

Our only hope is Gaffney to develop.

Reaction Score
Gaff had a real poor first half. I'm beginning to get the feeling he's a kid that needs 25-30 mpg every game to be effective.

He just doesn't do well coming in for 4-5 minutes. As others on this board have said he is playing like he doesn't want to make a mistake and get out on the bench.
Looking over his shoulder for the hook

Reaction Score
I think Gaffney has a high ceiling, but he’s not even trying to scratch that potential in games and I’m not sure how much longer they can justify playing him big minutes. They already have recruited over him with Diggins, but clearly we still need more.
I trust your judgment, you’re one of the best on here, but what has he shown to convince you he has a high ceiling? I find myself cheering when he even takes a shot just because he NEVER does. If its a confidence thing I get it, but it’s been for his whole UConn career.

Reaction Score
Cole’s crossover is also just him banging the ball on the floor high as hard as he can, if he kept it lower he would get by players more. Its odd to look at.

August_West

Reaction Score
at least cole is a starting caliber defender. anderson was not.
I do think Cole is a better defender. I also think Anderson was a better passer.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I feel like Cole could still fall into his role. He's been a disappointment. He seems to be having difficulty with the fact that the offense isn't revolving around him here. Conference play rolled up on us quick this year.

Reaction Score
I feel like Cole could still fall into his role. He's been a disappointment. He seems to be having difficulty with the fact that the offense isn't revolving around him here. Conference play rolled up on us quick this year.
He has to be pretty good?!..I think. He has started every game. He must be showing something more in practice unless gaffney has just been that bad in practice.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
He has to be pretty good?!..I think. He has started every game. He must be showing something more in practice unless gaffney has just been that bad in practice.
It's mental for both of them right now. At least I think. The talent is there.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why some BYers can't sit back and enjoy the f---- out of watching us completely dominate Butler, with the Martin and Polley show in full display, without drinking a keg of misery during the game? During!!

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why some BYers can't sit back and enjoy the f---- out of watching us completely dominate Butler, with the Martin and Polley show in full display, without drinking a keg of misery during the game? During!!

Sweet melt.

Reaction Score
Gaff is having a very good second half.

He's at 5 points, 4 boards and 3 assists.

Cole is 7 points, 6 boards 1 assist.
finally flashed some of that athleticism

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom