Can someone explain to me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can someone explain to me

Reaction Score
I wonder what the team would look like with Alterique still running the point. It’s to bad Javonte didn’t de-commit before the season started and we brought back AG for one more year. He could take anyone off the dribble and if he just learned the kick out pass it would be just what this team needs to make a run come March.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wonder what the team would look like with Alterique still running the point. It’s to bad Javonte didn’t de-commit before the season started and we brought back AG for one more year. He could take anyone off the dribble and if he just learned the kick out pass it would be just what this team needs to make a run come March.

Bizarre.

We know exactly what was like running a team. Not good team ball.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
So everyone’s starting to come around to what I’ve been saying all along concerning Cole. It’s obvious he’s not a BE PG.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I want Cole to watch videos of Taliek Brown.

And what will be gained from that?

Cole finds out he is shorter, slower and not as strong.

Taliek went three years of not being able to shoot 3's, shoot FTs and would over penetrate on offense.

None of those are problems for Cole.

His problem is a lack of athleticism, short arms and average strength.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
The difference between RJ Cole and Antwoine Anderson?

I just see similarities.

Both lefty transfers from small schools. Both asked to be starters when they are bench minute players. Both trying to do things by default ( and necessity) that aren’t in their skill sets.

This team needs PG help badly. Because we’ve got a million other pieces.

gaffney really needs to step up.
Is there anyone on our team even halfway decent at on-ball defense? Rj Cole is a phenomenal on-ball defender. The game is more than offense and points.

Reaction Score
And what will be gained from that?

Cole finds out he is shorter, slower and not as strong.

Taliek went three years of not being able to shoot 3's, shoot FTs and would over penetrate on offense.

None of those are problems for Cole.

His problem is a lack of athleticism, short arms and average strength.

Taliek was barely 6 feet but listed at 6'1. He knew how to leverage his body to run an offense. And most importantly, he refrained from shooting unless he was wide open.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Taliek was barely 6 feet but listed at 6'1. He knew how to leverage his body to run an offense. And most importantly, he refrained from shooting unless he was wide open.

Taliek was one of the fastest and strongest guards ever at UConn. He was also a McD's AA.
He refrained from shooting because he shot bricks and would get yanked. He also over penetrated and got airborne before he knew what to do.
He was also a terrible FT shooter which is why BG would take over ball handling at end of the game.

You should have said Cole should study John Stockton. Cole and Stockton can both shoot.

You're dying on a stupid mound you built.

Reaction Score
The guards all played much more physically in the second half and were a huge boost when our frontcourt & Polley had gotten quiet. They couldn’t hit jumpers for the most part, but they finally contributed in other ways and it was huge. So however imperfect they are, I hope they keep that energy.
Is everybody forgetting that RJ has been out for a year and hasn’t had the necessary practice time? The guy is a great defender and may not have the best point guard skills but he will get better as the season goes on.
I agree and still think he’s the best out of the non Bouknight guards by a good margin.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m pretty happy Gaff showed a little life. Would be great to see him confident.

So, there was a play in second half where UConn put a shot and Gaff was on the left baseline. Shot took an odd bounce off rim and went right in to Gaff's hands. He just stood there not knowing what to do. He eventually tried a layup but missed or got blocked.
From that moment on he played much better. It was almost as if the proverbial light went off on his head telling him to be aggressive on the court and not just he on the court.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why some BYers can't sit back and enjoy the f---- out of watching us completely dominate Butler, with the Martin and Polley show in full display, without drinking a keg of misery during the game? During!!
Its like our point guards played point guard and let everyone else score

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
I personally saw no problem with Cole again at point, he may not be a scorer but he's not losing the ball, if he never ends up being a scorer here im fine with him being a floor general. Personally think Gaff showed some really nice flashes, feel like that 3 pointer is going to come along, and hes really starting to see ways into the lane, putting up really good shots against bigger defenders.

Reaction Score
Taliek was one of the fastest and strongest guards ever at UConn. He was also a McD's AA.
He refrained from shooting because he shot bricks and would get yanked. He also over penetrated and got airborne before he knew what to do.
He was also a terrible FT shooter which is why BG would take over ball handling at end of the game.

You should have said Cole should study John Stockton. Cole and Stockton can both shoot.

You're dying on a stupid mound you built.
I'm stupid. But you're the one who wrote Cole and John Stockton can both shoot.
So, put it this way. I'm stupid, but I'm not out of my mind delusional and deranged.

Reaction Score
Cole/Gaff is who we have this year.. Can't change it ..Deal with it.. Bet on the rest of the team doing their thing..

Sool on the way..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom