Can Anyone Help Jonathan Get to Houston? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can Anyone Help Jonathan Get to Houston?

Reaction Score
Dattco have any bus/van availability?? UConn sponsor.. Fly down private on NetJets with Bill Raftery??

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm surprised the school doesn't have at least a couple RVs. They'd be perfect for small team (tennis, golf, etc) travel, and moving Jonathan around.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm surprised the school doesn't have at least a couple RVs. They'd be perfect for small team (tennis, golf, etc) travel, and moving Jonathan around.

Well from seeing the replies on that twitter account "Jonathan" would probably look down his nose at that option as "too stressful and uncomfortable"

August_West

Reaction Score
Every person I know who has an RV brings their dog. Getting on an airplane would be a lot more stressful.

I agree Well over 500,000 dogs per year ride in a crate in Cargo too (including my 100 lb lab before passing), that question was asked in that twitter thread and the reply was kind of giving off a "4 seats on a private jet, or bust vibe" .

Reaction Score
The other Final 4 mascots are an owl, an ibis & an aztec spirit warrior....so I think we easily win the mascot battle.

If i have to hear the joke one more time that.... "someone in the room is turning into an owl....."

"who?"

August_West

Reaction Score
I think I'd charter a plane before I put either of my dogs in cargo.

That's fine. Cargo is fine too if one can't afford the charter. You put them in a Crate and give em a tranq, happens every day.

Reaction Score
Get him a therapy dog vest and a first class ticket. Problem solved.
Folks play that card every day.. BTW..How much does he weigh?? Sometimes there is a weight limit for therapy dog admittance --Depending on the airline

Reaction Score
That's fine. Cargo is fine too if one can't afford the charter. You put them in a Crate and give em a tranq, happens every day.

One of our dogs is an english bulldog and she's probably my prized possession - don't tell my kids - so I just couldn't do it. I don't know if it's a wive's tale or what but I've always heard that air pressure is even worse in cargo. The lab would be fine. Strap him to the wing Mitt Romney style.

Reaction Score
If money is no object, I would think they could work something out with this outfit. The only fly to FL from Westchester, but they allow big dogs in cabin and do fly from FL to TX (although you can't book connections for some reason.)

www.jsx.com

Reaction Score
What's the big deal with driving Jonathan down to Houston? It's a twenty-five hour trip. No biggie. I'll do it if the school pays for my gas, lodging and ticket(s) to the games. I'll leave tomorrow and I'll be there on Friday. I'm all in!!

Reaction Score
If money is no object, I would think they could work something out with this outfit. The only fly to FL from Westchester, but they allow big dogs in cabin and do fly from FL to TX (although you can't book connections for some reason.)

www.jsx.com
I’ve flown them with our husky mix…easy peasy. They fly from westchester to Orlando and Orlando -Dallas. Just need to book sep tickets.

But as ADub posted above…I think it’s more about the kids wanting to fly private.

We put our dog in the back seat of our SUV for the trip to/from SRQ 2x per year. Not a big deal.

Honestly if the kids aren’t willing to road trip to Houston it says more about them.

I’m sure there are plenty of folks that would be happy to get a floor seat and free lodging to the FF and drive down with Jonathan.

I’m also guessing there are busses of band/cheer/support folks that would have room for a few more

Reaction Score
This is a piss poor effort by Jonathan. Too good for a long car ride??

Somewhat related; I was also underwhelmed by our costumed mascot this year. Whoever is in the suit is way too low key- you're supposed to be irrationally fired up at all times!! Dance moves leaving a lot to be desired

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Gas money hotel and tix and I will be happy to drive him an and his handlers.

Drop the hotel and gas money.

Just good tix.

Actually, if I could be posting the trip on the BY that’s enough. Just need Jonathan to sign the waiver.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom