Can Anyone Help Jonathan Get to Houston? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Can Anyone Help Jonathan Get to Houston?

Reaction Score
Since I work in PR, I think there is a major PR opportunity here if an airline comes to the rescue and gets him down there. I'm going to start emailing the executives of the major airlines and see what can be done.
If only UConn had a preferred relationship with one. Hmmm. @avelo

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No but they allow them in Cargo. over a 1/2 million dogs ride in Cargo every year.
dog what GIF by TikTok

Cargo?!

Reaction Score
So the inside scoop is there was only 1 seat left on the PJ for a handler, and they offered to buy the other handler a commercial plane ticket. They refused, claiming they needed to travel together. Ungrateful SOB's...
A while back (mid-2000s) I knew one of the folks who was the old Jonathan's handler, I think it was Jonathan XII. I do know they are under absurdly extreme rules in how they handle him. They do not leave him unattended under any circumstances while in public or traveling and there must be two people with him almost every second from the minute he leaves the home he lives in to when he returns.

That home's location was also under complete secrecy. I went to it once when my friend dropped him off. They literally tried to convince me I had to stay by myself at a convenience store miles away while they finished the trip because I wasn't allowed to go. When that didn't fly because it was December and snowing, they drove a half an hour in circles to get there and I had to close my eyes when we turned onto the street so I wouldn't see the street sign.

Not one word of that is an exaggeration or false. I have no idea if these rules are placed by the university, the service fraternity who handled him, or someone else.

So it doesn't surprise me that they cannot travel with only one handler on the plane. What sucks is they couldn't find someone already on the plane willing to travel commercially so he could be on that flight.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's fine. Cargo is fine too if one can't afford the charter. You put them in a Crate and give em a tranq, happens every day.
Nice guy. You should have put yourself in the crate in cargo and give the dog your seat. Nobody would have noticed the difference and I'm sure the person sitting next to the dog would have preferred it if they saw the alternative. :cool:

That would have been the noble way! Plus you would have gotten drugs.

Reaction Score
Can’t get our beloved mascot to the Final Four, team staying in probably the second worst hotel on the Vegas strip. What’s going on here?
I have no clue how true this is, but I have a co-worker that went to a tournament game this year through his friend - and his friend was a guest of this particular team. This was also in Albany.

He told me that the NCAA takes care of the hotel bookings ahead of time, and the higher the seed, the better hotel you get.

Again, not sure regarding how true this is, but thought it was interesting. You’d have to think that the NCAA is booking blocks a year ahead, at least.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Some madman on this lunatic website is going to kidnap Jonathan.

Reaction Score
I have no clue how true this is, but I have a co-worker that went to a tournament game this year through his friend - and his friend was a guest of this particular team. This was also in Albany.

He told me that the NCAA takes care of the hotel bookings ahead of time, and the higher the seed, the better hotel you get.

Again, not sure regarding how true this is, but thought it was interesting. You’d have to think that the NCAA is booking blocks a year ahead, at least.
Not sure that happened in Vegas with the hotels - from their Instagram profiles, you can tell Arkansas was in Vdara which is a significant step up from Luxor where UConn was put originally. UCLA was in the Delano, also a major step up on Luxor. It appears the NCAA booked exclusively MGM Resorts hotels and UConn got shafted. Glad they got the hell out of there and went up to Resorts World, who appeared to treat them extremely well.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
So the inside scoop is there was only 1 seat left on the PJ for a handler, and they offered to buy the other handler a commercial plane ticket. They refused, claiming they needed to travel together. Ungrateful SOB's...
That can't be real.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Since I work in PR, I think there is a major PR opportunity here if an airline comes to the rescue and gets him down there. I'm going to start emailing the executives of the major airlines and see what can be done.
I think Alaskan airlines would be at the top of the list.

Reaction Score
Well they showed who is in charge. Lol Now neither of them nor Jonathan will be there

Reaction Score
Imagine turning down free airfare, hotel and tickets to the Final Four just because you could not sit together on a flight. The handlers could have just went up to Adama and asked that give up his seat for the other Handler and he fly commercial since the Handler's feel like they are more important than him...

I have a little French Bulldog.. . I'll say she identifies as a husky, hell, I'll even dress her up like one, if it means free travel, hotel and tickets...

Reaction Score
Imagine turning down free airfare, hotel and tickets to the Final Four just because you could not sit together on a flight. The handlers could have just went up to Adama and asked that give up his seat for the other Handler and he fly commercial since the Handler's feel like they are more important than him...

I have a little French Bulldog.. . I'll say she identifies as a husky, hell, I'll even dress her up like one, if it means free travel, hotel and tickets...
This is a gross misstatement of what happened. The handlers did not turn down free travel because they're ungrateful. They turned it down due to the extremely stringent rules of how his handlers must travel with him. Don't forget he's a specially trained dog, as are his handlers. He cannot be in public without them.

The one(s) who dropped the ball here are those non-Jonathan staffers who didn't offer to or refused to give up their seat and fly commercial so his handlers and him could be on the charter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The one(s) who dropped the ball here are those non-Jonathan staffers who didn't offer to or refused to give up their seat and fly commercial so his handlers and him could be on the charter.
AA34493C-C9CB-4B0A-8A3C-0325004C5568.jpeg

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
So we needed to rent a minivan and hire a driver. Or Uber pet.
Not as convenient as a chartered plane but seems like a solvable problem but I never had to plan travel for ct most recognized dog.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom