Calm, cool and collected...... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calm, cool and collected......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'd be willing to give P more a chance if he rids himself of DeLeone. I really want P to succeed, but this cannot go on any longer.

this is where i was until when i was watching the game and got to late 2nd q. i folded it in at this point. u can't be paid that kind of money and not give a or at least try. i dont care how bad u think your players or your oc is, you dont sit on there.

if you wern't willing to put a effort into that last minute of the 2nd Q, then you shouldnt have been willing to do what u did in the last minute of the 4th Q. u put whitmer in a no win situation and ruined his stats trying to come back. everyone knows the deep pass is comming becuase u ran it up the middle all game. either u want to win the game 100% of the time or you suck balls. i have given up on p and d now.

Reaction Score
....... After game three, the coaches should have seen that running the ball up the middle or take deeper drop back passes wasn't going to work with this line. Immediately they should have gone to work on 3 step drops, short slants, shotgun formations, etc. Why continue to play this pro-style offense after 6 games when it's not working? ......

The offensive scheme we are running does not maximize the talent we have. I really believe it's that simple. With the defense we have, if we could produce a top 60 offense we would be undefeated and ranked. GDL is too stubborn or too stupid to look himself in the mirror to understand this. PP needs to look past his friendship and make what will be a drastic change for him.

Yes, these coaches know more than this board, but knowledge does not always translate into execution and performance. I've seen this many times in my career.

Something needs to be done now!! Possibly have someone else call the plays and get Foley back on the oline. Then, GDL goes after the season and we bring in a new coordinator with the intent of being the next HC.

Reaction Score
this is where i was until when i was watching the game and got to late 2nd q. i folded it in at this point. u can't be paid that kind of money and not give a **** or at least try. i dont care how bad u think your players or your oc is, you dont sit on **** there.

if you wern't willing to put a effort into that last minute of the 2nd Q, then you shouldnt have been willing to do what u did in the last minute of the 4th Q. u put whitmer in a no win situation and ruined his stats trying to come back. everyone knows the deep pass is comming becuase u ran it up the middle all Fecunditying game. either u want to win the game 100% of the time or you suck balls. i have given up on p and d now.

Now I agree 100%, I was sitting there in section 206 and when the field goal team jogged out I looked at the RU fan next to me and we both looked perplexed

However, I propose this

What would you being saying if P ran one more play, Whitmer gets sacked and we get no points....would you be calling him stupid and old because we didn't get any points

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Now I agree 100%, I was sitting there in section 206 and when the field goal team jogged out I looked at the RU fan next to me and we both looked perplexed

However, I propose this

What would you being saying if P ran one more play, Whitmer gets sacked and we get no points....would you be calling him stupid and old because we didn't get any points

id be calling him agressive for once. we had to's left so if whitmer gets sacked u use another one and trow a hail mary play if we are out of fg range.

edit- but thats also the whole trust thing. he didn't trust his ol to block or that whitmer could throw the ball out if needed.

Reaction Score
id be calling him agressive for once. we had to's left so if whitmer gets sacked u use another one and trow a hail mary play if we are out of fg range.

edit- but thats also the whole trust thing. he didn't trust his ol to block or that whitmer could throw the ball out if needed.

I agree with you man, I'm just saying as a fan base if we want aggression we have to be prepared to have some gaffs

LSU is a perfect example with "The Mad Hatter", they love him when he makes a crazy call and it works, but calls for his head even when his team is in line for a NC

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I agree with you man, I'm just saying as a fan base if we want aggression we have to be prepared to have some gaffs

LSU is a perfect example with "The Mad Hatter", they love him when he makes a crazy call and it works, but calls for his head even when his team is in line for a NC

yup i hear u 2. i think the mad hatter aproach while its not the best for fans in general, could wake up this fanbase and get causal eyeballs more often. brown seems to fit this a bit on d with the blitz and way he carrys himself. him and fridge could be a quick fix to our issue.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If we are talking about a $250k difference between now and Jan 2, fire GDL and Pasqualoni now. It is not fair to the players to let Pasqualoni waste a season. Make Brown the HC/DC and Foley the OC. Can't be any worse than it is now.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

PP's idiocy with time management put us there with 8 seconds left. The horse had already left the barn. I do agree Whitmer is a threat to toss up a pick six in that situation, rather than just getting rid of it quick.

Reaction Score
If we are talking about a $250k difference between now and Jan 2, fire GDL and Pasqualoni now. It is not fair to the players to let Pasqualoni waste a season. Make Brown the HC/DC and Foley the OC. Can't be any worse than it is now.

Does Foley have the skills or experience to be the OC?

Reaction Score
I've been trying to post subtle hints about this but I don't care if everyone knows this. The reason the offense sucks is because the offense thinks GDL is an ass. They thought that when he came here and they still do today.

They can't believe the play calling either. By the way.....Warde knows this as well.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've been trying to post subtle hints about this but I don't care if everyone knows this. The reason the offense sucks is because the offense thinks GDL is an ass. They thought that when he came here and they still do today.

They can't believe the play calling either. By the way.....Warde knows this as well.

Subtlety on the Boneyard will get you nowhere... ;)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He was an OC (also was HC) in the past at Colgate.

I don't know if this will translate to this level but I do know what hasn't translated here.....

I had wondered the same thing. It would be a very quick fix to put Foley in as the OC. He would take back control of the line and reinstate his OLine philosophy (which Friend, Greene, Bennett, Masters, and Bullock have already studied a great deal; Mateas, Cruz, and Samra would probably pick it up quickly). If this were to happen today, I would be a very pleasantly surprised fellow. It's no secret that Foley had to do something right as the OLine coach, since we were "Running Back U" for his entire time here...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If we were to change things mid-season (can PP & GD) we absolutely would need to put a current staff member (either Foley or possibly Day) in charge of the offense. We can alter our philosophy and play calling but the playbook and terminology cannot be changed mid-season. If you think our offense looks bad now, imagine the players trying to learn a new system on the fly.

Reaction Score
Lost amid the fire PP chants was that DeLeone called a good game v. Rutgers. TL and Griffin missed on 2 huge gainers, one of which might have been a td. On the 3rd and goal, GDL called a great play with McCummings, who proceeded to throw a R.A. Dickey/Phil Neikro knuckle curve out of bounds. And on a perfectly called screen, Whitmer underthrew McCombs (which begs the question, how do you underthrow a screen pass. But I digress), there was not one Rutgers defender within 10 yards of McCombs.

Look at Rutgers. They relied on their running game and short passes. But they executed. We did not. They won.[/quote

Not worth energy rebutting the insane notion that GDL "called a good game" for the talent we actually have. Yes, the screen would have worked if executed properly, but that's the acorn for our blind squirrel calling plays. You can blame Scott for a crappy pass, but even Joe Montana would have trouble executing that play coming in cold from the sideline

But my bigger question is who is TL? Tyler Lorenzen doesn't play for us anymore

Reaction Score
No, you are correct.

http://articles.courant.com/2011-01...tract_1_summer-camps-clinics-coach-pasqualoni

Overpaid. Immensely. Buyout details:

BUYOUT: If the coach accepts a position as a head coach of football at an NCAA institution, or as a head coach in any professional football league, the following should be due to the University from the coach:

January 14, 2011-December 31, 2011: $1,200,000 January 1, 2012-December 31, 2012: $1,000,000 January 1, 2013-December 31, 2013: $500,000 January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014: $400,000 January 1, 2015-December 31, 2015: $250,000

In the event that the University terminates the contract for any other reason than just cause as defined by the contract, the coach shall be entitled to continue to receive the following payment in full satisfaction of the university's obligation to the coach:

January 14, 2011-December 31, 2011: $1,250,000 January 1, 2012-December 31, 2012: $1,000,000 January 1, 2013-December 31, 2013: $750,000 January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014: $600,000 January 1, 2015-December 31, 2015: $400,000

We can fire him after January 1st and pay a $750K buyout.
Question for the lawyers her, what would constitute just cause? If Warde tells him Deleone has to go and STBFHCPP refuses, is that just cause? Is it just cause if he doesn't win back to back games in the first tow years of the contract?

Reaction Score

I would love if this happened but I'm afraid it is a fantasy right up along there with our invite to the BIG is coming.

P should be fired simply for playing McCombs after he was arrested. I don't care about the "facts". Kid should have been sat period, and provided a teaching moment to the entire team.

Reaction Score
Question for the lawyers her, what would constitute just cause? If Warde tells him Deleone has to go and STBFHCPP refuses, is that just cause? Is it just cause if he doesn't win back to back games in the first tow years of the contract?

That is not just cause.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Just cause is usually violating a moral turpitude clause, like Bobby Petrino. Or whatever Calipari does all day long to recruit (getting caught cheating). Just cause leads to no buyout compensation.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That is not just cause.
True, that is not just cause but, normally assistants are held on a year to year contract (I pray to God that Deleone doesn't have longer deal) which would require renewal at season's end. If WM instructed PP that GD could not be renewed (I also pray that PP's deal does not give him ultimate authority over all staff hires), PP's refusal (if it came to that) could be construed as insubordination.

Reaction Score
Wow! And have to give up on this stellar season? Point of emphasis a- the longer PP is here the more this program wrecks itself and totally regressed to pre 2003.

My only point there is I'm not sure I want to wish bad results on the current players just so the coach can get fired.

That I cannot get behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman