Calhoun /Geno / Calipari | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calhoun /Geno / Calipari

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Entertainment. Tonight - Chiefoo Edition

C

Chief00

Geno knows about a million people and is friendly with a lot of them. His best friend is Phil Martelli, Howie Dickenman is godfather to one of his kids, Dr. Jack Ramsay is a great friend/mentor, Geno's got a mutual admiration friendship with Greg Popovich, Jim Boeheim is also a good friend, and Geno's become friendly with Bill Belichek. And he's had a long time friendship with Kevin Ollie, since KO was a freshman at UConn. Geno's not defined by one friendship with Calipari.

Maybe an example will help you move up the understanding curve. Fifteen years ago if Calhoun and Pat Summit were best friends - how would Geno have reacted? How would your beloved UConn WBB Forum have reacted?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Of all the funny stuff you make up, this is my favorite, that people are actually asking you to weigh in on things.
Just checked, as a reference point, yesterday I had 23 alerts. That doesn't include texts. That's enough - I certainly don't need more.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just checked, as a reference point, yesterday I had 23 alerts. That doesn't include texts. That's enough - I certainly don't need more.

Chief, any time someone comments at all in a thread that you've commented in, you get an alert. 23 alerts is pretty damn normal.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not to open up a can here, but are Geno and Cal that different? Geno is unbelieably successful and obviously a better coach, but he has always struck me as a pompous . He's our so that's ok, but I would hate the guy if I were a fan of another team. Personality wise, Cal and Geno seem very similar.
This is Geno. I love this article - it captures him perfectly.

http://deadspin.com/5895516/geno-auriemma-mr-womens-basketball

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe an example will help you move up the understanding curve. Fifteen years ago if Calhoun and Pat Summit were best friends - how would Geno have reacted? How would your beloved UConn WBB Forum have reacted?
Pat Summitt famously asked Geno's paeson Harry Perretta (Villanova women's coach) to help her retool her offense. She gave him a Tennessee tie for Christmas, too. Geno cracked jokes at Harry's expense and the Boneyard went wild with puns and wisecracks but Harry's a big Boneyard favorite and since Geno was fine with the whole thing, we were, too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Go to Alerts Preferences in your account settings and turn off the alert feature.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm the first to use that history as a point about how similar people are from one another even if there are cultural pressures placed on us to mask those basic similarities. I don't judge that period in that forum in a condescending manner (not saying you are either). It's within most of us have and need to keep at bay less things get out of hand.

I love to understand things and present ideas to put out flames. Either those that are currently in process or one's that I assess could arise in the distant future. What you've done in initiating this thread is try to start a fire that has very little value not to mention it's a huge stretch to come to your conclusion.

You have a history of doing this and it's sad.

C

Chief00

Pat Summitt famously asked Geno's paeson Harry Perretta (Villanova women's coach) to help her retool her offense. She gave him a Tennessee tie for Christmas, too. Geno cracked jokes at Harry's expense and the Boneyard went wild with puns and wisecracks but Harry's a big Boneyard favorite and since Geno was fine with the whole thing, we were, too.
Everyone is happy when you beat people by 40 points - God bless. Men's basketball is an entirely different animal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom