Calhoun /Geno / Calipari | The Boneyard

Calhoun /Geno / Calipari

Reaction Score
raw

C

Chief00

I have known Geno since the 1980's and like him - but what I posted is true - Calhoun was always suspicious of Geno's friendship with Calipari and never could trust him as a result.
Note - As for your post - I guess it's a end around the BY profanity filters - you must be proud of yourself. That's your idea of a real life accomplishment.

Reaction Score
I have known Geno since the 1980's and like him - but what I posted is true - Calhoun was always suspicious of Geno's friendship with Calipari and never could trust him as a result.
Note - As for your post - I guess it's a end around the BY profanity filters - you must be proud of yourself. That's your idea of a real life accomplishment.
How does coach Calhoun feel about you broadcasting his private feelings about a fellow coaching great? Seems pretty distespectful for an alleged friend to stir the pot like that for no reason.

You're just a hack who is desperate for internet attention. Sad!

Reaction Score
What about Geno's friendships with Howie, Boeheim, K, and many other coaches in the men's game?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Ok Chief

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno knows about a million people and is friendly with a lot of them. His best friend is Phil Martelli, Howie Dickenman is godfather to one of his kids, Dr. Jack Ramsay is a great friend/mentor, Geno's got a mutual admiration friendship with Greg Popovich, Jim Boeheim is also a good friend, and Geno's become friendly with Bill Belichek. And he's had a long time friendship with Kevin Ollie, since KO was a freshman at UConn. Geno's not defined by one friendship with Calipari.

C

Chief00

How does coach Calhoun feel about you broadcasting his private feelings about a fellow coaching great? Seems pretty distespectful for an alleged friend to stir the pot like that for no reason.

You're just a hack who is desperate for internet attention. Sad!

They have both publicly said they are not close. That is not news.

C

Chief00

Geno knows about a million people and is friendly with a lot of them. His best friend is Phil Martelli, Howie Dickenman is godfather to one of his kids, Dr. Jack Ramsay is a great friend/mentor, Geno's got a mutual admiration friendship with Greg Popovich, Jim Boeheim is also a good friend, and Geno's become friendly with Bill Belichek. And he's had a long time friendship with Kevin Ollie, since KO was a freshman at UConn. Geno's not defined by one friendship with Calipari.

I think Geno is a great coach. Personally, I am not a fan of Calipari.

Reaction Score

Really circumnavigating the point here and I like it. People, let's focus on the coaches and not the troll behind the laptop.

Reaction Score
Not to open up a can here, but are Geno and Cal that different? Geno is unbelieably successful and obviously a better coach, but he has always struck me as a pompous . He's our so that's ok, but I would hate the guy if I were a fan of another team. Personality wise, Cal and Geno seem very similar.

Reaction Score
So I guess feel free to continue to gossip about who Geno hangs out with. I'm sure JC is proud of that.

Reaction Score
Your post makes too much sense for the Boneyard.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Your post makes too much sense for the Boneyard.
Just the men's bb forum. There are a few OTT posters on the women's forum but unlike this forum it's the exception rather than the rule.

But I will argue, and Nan has qualified my argument in the past, that the cultural variation in the women's forum has as much to do with the incredible success that program has enjoyed and less to do with the factor that the population in that forum is older than this forum and less susceptible to acting stupid. This forum acts equally gracious after successful seasons and that forum had all the appearances of this forum when Pat Summit had the NCAA investigate Geno for improprieties.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just the men's bb forum. There are a few OTT posters on the women's forum but unlike this forum it's the exception rather than the rule.

But I will argue, and Nan has qualified my argument in the past, that the cultural variation in the women's forum has as much to do with the incredible success that program has enjoyed and less to do with the factor that the population in that forum is older than this forum and less susceptible to acting stupid. This forum acts equally gracious after successful seasons and that forum had all the appearances of this forum when Pat Summit had the NCAA investigate Geno for improprieties.
See! See what you've done @Chief00! Next we are going to start talking about feelings and what not.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
See! See what you done @Chief00! Next we are going to start talking about feelings and what not.

You're right. I feel sorry for you.:cool:

C

Chief00

You're right. No one cares.

Chief just loves bringing attention to himself... as you can see he's replied to his own post 4 times already because he simply loves the attention. He does this crap all the time.
It's called a two way conversation responding to other posts in a thread. Quite frankly, I don't need the attention, I get far more alerts and IMs than I have time to answer.
As for Geno having more friends than Calhoun - seriously I don't think he cares. LOL

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Given all the people who don't like Jim, Geno's bound to be friends with a few of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom