C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
7' + and a lefty. Dang (Joe Dirt voice)

Reaction Score
1. When's the last time we beat UK for a recruit?
2. I hope Ollie gets AJ Price in this summer to hold a clinic on how to throw entry passes. It's a legit skill, and Jalen has no idea how to do it properly.

Since UK has not offered him, did we really beat them out? If that is the criteria, then we beat out the whole country for him. I keep seeing Georgia, Florida and NC State are his other offers

Reaction Score
/s , tried mimicking the post temple/tulsa loss crowd
I know but fans have the right to be critical of his poor in game coaching this season, not sure anyone was saying they want him gone. Ollie is going to be a better recruiter than Calhoun and we saw what he could do coaching wise in 2013 and 2014. This season has been a little rough but my guess is he's learning from his mistakes. He came in hamstrung with a bit of a mess Calhoun left him and with the lousy conference. He's already proving to be one of the best recruiters in the country, if we were in a P5 already he would routinely be beating out Calipari and K for recruits.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Since UK has not offered him, did we really beat them out? If that is the criteria, then we beat out the whole country for him. I keep seeing Georgia, Florida and NC State are his other offers
Who actually offered and who didn't isn't an exact science in recruiting, but 247 says UK did indeed offer.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Who actually offered and who didn't isn't an exact science in recruiting, but 247 says UK did indeed offer.
Yeah, they 100% offered.

To be fair, he was not their priority - they're focused on Ayton, I think. But Brown was absolutely on their list, and now he's ours.

Feels good to beat them off the court. Especially if it leads to a few more on-court victories over them in late March or early April.

Reaction Score
CKOSddBWwAAoU3A.jpg

The future is bright in Storrs

Very bright indeed. Game changer

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...tar-zach-brown-committed-to-connecticut?s=342

Reaction Score
I know but fans have the right to be critical of his poor in game coaching this season, not sure anyone was saying they want him gone. Ollie is going to be a better recruiter than Calhoun and we saw what he could do coaching wise in 2013 and 2014. This season has been a little rough but my guess is he's learning from his mistakes. He came in hamstrung with a bit of a mess Calhoun left him and with the lousy conference. He's already proving to be one of the best recruiters in the country, if we were in a P5 already he would routinely be beating out Calipari and K for recruits.
First off all, there were threads bumped asking what's next after Ollie and people were actually engaging the op and liking his posts . not trying to give KO too much leeway , but when you have two new starters and an injured center I tend believe the possibility of a learning curve ? he's had his low light moments in certain games, but he's also coached some pretty damn good games. Things like Hamilton becoming a solid defender after starting out atrociously stick out. I'm just not ready to sit here and call him a very bad coach when you look at the adj defense ranking

Reaction Score
UK have the top 2 centers leaning to committing to them per 247 (Brown is #3). So we may not have "beaten them" but I'm glad as hell to get him to Storrs.

Reaction Score
First off all, there were threads bumped asking what's next after Ollie and people were actually engaging the op and liking his posts . not trying to give KO too much leeway , but when you have two new starters and an injured center I tend believe the possibility of a learning curve ? he's had his low light moments in certain games, but he's also coached some pretty damn good games. Things like Hamilton becoming a solid defender after starting out atrociously stick out.
You credit Ollie with Hamilton's defensive improvement. Does Ollie get blame for Hamilton being horrendous on the offensive end the last 5 games?

Reaction Score
I stand correct. Yes, I've heard of Google, But I've see 3 different articles from the media and none mentioned UK. You would think that they might what to mentioned that.
True, sorry for being a wise guy.

Reaction Score
You credit Ollie with Hamilton's defensive improvement. Does Ollie get blame for Hamilton being horrendous on the offensive end the last 5 games?
Yes i do, but I'm of the opinion his leap on defense is more impactful than him not doing much on offense... Why? Because he's never been a good shooter or finisher , while he's gone from extremely negative to serviceable/positive on defense . It's fair to say the staff hasn't developed him into an efficient scorer though

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Never said I didn't want him... Just always worries me to get an early verbal. He's a huge recruit for UConn (literally and figuratively) and proves, yet again, that KO is a bada$$ on the recruiting front.

Just having a little bit of fun ;)

Reaction Score
1. When's the last time we beat UK for a recruit?
2. I hope Ollie gets AJ Price in this summer to hold a clinic on how to throw entry passes. It's a legit skill, and Jalen has no idea how to do it properly.

1. The last time we thought taking a recruit was a good idea based on his performance vs. a chair.

Reaction Score
Say whatever the freak you want about Ollie.

That mother can recruit.

Happy happy happy Huskies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Our staff clearly isn't getting it done, Ollie unproven still on the hot seat !
Strange post, Ollie is one of the best recruiters in the country.

That truly was a meme a very short time ago. He was missing or coming in 2nd a lot, and posters, myself included, were wanting a bonafide closer on the staff to sure up the holes. I still wouldn't mind one.

Now Ollie has to fight off his game management and player development 'shortcomings' for the next however many years. Then he can be the equal of Calhoun everyone was expecting. ahhahah

Ollie has a lot of growing to do as a coach, but he's got the space/leeway, and now the players, to do it. Bright future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's 100% on @CallMeBruce . Blame him for all your disappointment if it doesn't happen.

And give him paltry credit if it does.
I could understand any speculation of Brown reclassifying. He committed early, and probably wants to get to the NBA as soon as possible.

On the other hand, he's falling down in rankings because he doesn't have much of a low post game, which another year of high school may be good for. It probably can get frustrating working on your post game when you're 7 inches taller than anyone, though.

Picture a RSJr. Terry Larrier, Jr Steve Enoch and Zach Brown as a 3, 4, and 5. That's a monster defensive set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak