Buzz Williams/Student Section | The Boneyard

Buzz Williams/Student Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The word going around Twitter is the Buzz Williams was taunting the student section after the game. Anyone have more info on this, like what was said? I'm positive our students weren't completely innocent, but it's a pretty bad look for a coach to get into it with students.

Reaction Score
The word going around Twitter is the Buzz Williams was taunting the student section after the game. Anyone have more info on this, like what was said? I'm positive our students weren't completely innocent, but it's a pretty bad look for a coach to get into it with students.

He should worry more about his team and their lax defense. UConn missed a lot of layups and free throws.I'll be shocked if Marquette plays beyond the first weekend of the tourney.

Reaction Score
Buzz Williams and his junior college transfers should enjoy their time in the sun. They're good but I'd be shocked if they make it past the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
Its a rumor and not a fact. You all are so sensitive after a loss. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
wow, lost respect I had for the guy

SJ

Reaction Score
No something happened. I thought it was a player, but someone definitely addressed and mocked the student section when it was all said and done. I was sitting in it and people around me were talking about it although I didn't see it personally but the girl next to me asked "did you see that?"

Reaction Score
We win and he has no reason to do that. Got to defend your home floor.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I saw some students yelling at him and clapping . He turned to them and clapped back perhaps saying something....

Reaction Score
seriously, who cares? we should be more concerned about our loss, than what the opposing team's coach did after the game.

Reaction Score
I hate Buzz anyways and didn't this happen last year?

Reaction Score
seriously, who cares? we should be more concerned about our loss, than what the opposing team's coach did after the game.

I care. And, I'm concerned about our loss. Amazing how I can have multiple things on my mind at once...

Reaction Score
Yeah because WE have a lot of changes to make before next game, you know, since we're such an integral part of the team.

Reaction Score
Who really cares....anyone thinks an opposing coach just decided to start something with the student section is an idiot......and if the student section suddenly gets back the same $h1t it's been flinging and starts complaining about it...either shut up or grow a pair.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
^^^^ seriously?

every student section in the country rides the other team

Buzz is supposed to be more mature, hence no other coach in the country acts like that

Reaction Score
That's right. Every student rides the other team. Now welcome to big boy world. With actions come consequences. Having crap thrown right back at you is one of the many reasonable expectations that could happen. Should Buzz have done it...I wasn't there so I'm not sure of the level of obnoxiousness he received. But if students are going to act that way, be prepared for backlash and not get offended by it. College students aren't exactly toddlers.

Reaction Score
That's right. Every student rides the other team. Now welcome to big boy world. With actions come consequences. Having crap thrown right back at you is one of the many reasonable expectations that could happen. Should Buzz have done it...I wasn't there so I'm not sure of the level of obnoxiousness he received. But if students are going to act that way, be prepared for backlash and not get offended by it. College students aren't exactly toddlers.

He's getting paid somewhere in the range of a million dollars a year to....work with college students on a daily basis! How silly of anyone to think he'd know enough about how student sections act by now to handle it with maturity and class. It is really simple - just keep walking away, Buzz. No need to start yapping back at the opposing team's student section, especially when you just let your own team and the scoreboard do the talking for you. If you're getting paid like you're an intelligent, experienced person in your profession, you should probably act like it. I'm not saying the students had any right to act offended by whatever Buzz shouted back at them, but he should have just kept his mouth shut in the first place.

Reaction Score
.....and I guarantee you he would not act that way to the students he works with on a daily basis.. I can also guarantee you he is very professional with the work he does given the success he has. If he wasn't he wouldn't be in his current position. Being paid millions doesn't exempt you from being offended. It's all part of the package, college students being obnoxious to opposing teams and opposing teams pushing back.

You expect him to accept what comes his way, same goes with college students. It's not like any of this is life altering.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Our student section is so lame my kneejerk reaction is to take the other side in any dispute.

Reaction Score
I like the comment in the Courant (Jacob's column, I think) "Buzz's head is so big, he needs to use the zamboni entrance at the XLCenter".

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I have always thought that Buzz was a bit of a tool...further proof!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom