Buffalo vs South Carolina - 3/24/18 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Buffalo vs South Carolina - 3/24/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Stevens may opt to leave for the WNBA after this season but, as we were reminded yesterday, her game still needs a lot of work. I'm not sure Davis or Gray were going to get much better had they stayed at SC.

Reaction Score
Stevens may opt to leave for the WNBA after this season but, as we were reminded yesterday, her game still needs a lot of work. I'm not sure Davis or Gray were going to get much better had they stayed at SC.

How so? Both averaged just 12 and upped their games in the NCAA tourney to 15 and 16 respectively. Gray also averaged 8.9 rpg in the tourney last year but there was obvious room for growth in both of their games. If both stayed for a 5th year they both would've been All Americans.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
How so? Both averaged just 12 and upped their games in the NCAA tourney to 15 and 16 respectively. Gray also averaged 8.9 rpg in the tourney last year but there was obvious room for growth in both of their games. If both stayed for a 5th year they both would've been All Americans.

No way Kaela Davis would have been an All American. No way. Regardless, their respective games would not have improved much by staying. Gray proved that in her WNBA season. Davis is who she is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No way Kaela Davis would have been an All American. No way. Regardless, they're respective games would not have improved much by staying. Gray proved that in her WNBA season. Davis is who she is.

No way?? She would've been one of the better two way players in the country this year. She made life difficult for a lot of players last year defensively. And we all knew she played NO defense at Georgia Tech.

Reaction Score
So USC looked terrible, Aja got all the calls, Dawn whined and UConn will win by forty.

About what I would have guessed, ha.

Reaction Score
No way Kaela Davis would have been an All American. No way. Regardless, they're respective games would not have improved much by staying. Gray proved that in her WNBA season. Davis is who she is.

She was first team all conference her sophomore year in the ACC but she had no chance of being an All-American her 5th year. Really? Kaela struggled early to find her place because we only utilized her as a spot up shooter early since we clogged the lanes with Wilson and Coates. Near the end of the season she was probably one of SC most complete players on both sides of the ball.
No way Kaela Davis would have been an All American. No way. Regardless, their respective games would not have improved much by staying. Gray proved that in her WNBA season. Davis is who she is.

Kaela was 2 time All ACC her first two years but as a fifth year senior she had no chance of being an ALL American. Really? Kaela by the end of the season became one of SC most complete players. Her growth was stunted because SC clogged the lanes with Wilson and Coates and primarily used her as a spot up shooter. At 6'2 she could play the 1,2,3 and 4 position on the court. She also made the all Rookie team in the WNBA. To say she had no chance of being an All American shows how much SC games you watched.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kaela was 2 time All ACC her first two years but as a fifth year senior she had no chance of being an ALL American. Really? Kaela by the end of the season became one of SC most complete players. Her growth was stunted because SC clogged the lanes with Wilson and Coates and primarily used her as a spot up shooter. At 6'2 she could play the 1,2,3 and 4 position on the court. She also made the all Rookie team in the WNBA. To say she had no chance of being an All American shows how much SC games you watched.

Really. The only thing I saw Davis do better at SC than she did at Tech was commit fewer turnovers but I attribute that to handling the ball a lot less than she did at Tech. She was still a sub-40% shooter, not big on assisting her teammates and again led her team in fouls committed. I've never been a fan of her game and nothing about last season changed my opinion. Maybe she'll become a more efficient player in the WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom