Buffalo vs South Carolina - 3/24/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, Cinderella gave it a good shot.

Yes. If anyone else but Dillard could have made a few open shots, it would have been much closer.

Reaction Score
Was Dawn really surprised when Gray and Davis turned pro at the end of last season? Them leaving was a secret as poorly kept as Tuck leaving. I don't see how Dawn was expecting those two to come back any more than Geno expected Tuck to come back last season.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
South Carolina hasn't looked great, but I wouldn't write them off either. This isn't your grandfather's typical SEC team -- they're about to score 80.
Not against UConn.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So Dillard is just a junior. She should be on some watch lists next season.

Buffalo graduates their excellent floor general Stephanie Reid, plus two other starters and a bench contributor. It's a lot to replace but it'll be interesting to see how they do with more eyes on them after this Sweet 16 run.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So Dillard is just a junior. She should be on some watch lists next season.

Buffalo graduates their excellent floor general Stephanie Reid, plus two other starters and a bench contributor. It's a lot to replace but it'll be interesting to see how they do with more eyes on them after this Sweet 16 run.
Plebe, you’re on line! Great job on your Buffalo and MAC conference assessment pre tournament call on how good they were/are. This team is good and warranted not only the bid but a better seeding.

Looking forward to seeing them again next year, ala Quinnipeac

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Plebe, you’re on line! Great job on your Buffalo and MAC conference assessment pre tournament call on how good they were/are. This team is good and warranted not only the bid but a better seeding.

Looking forward to seeing them again next year, ala Quinnipeac
Ha I appreciate the recognition. I was a MAC believer once I saw the conference championship game between Buffalo and Central Michigan. And when the draw came out, I said "uh oh" when I saw South Florida's first-round opponent.

Reaction Score
That was Dawn’s 20th us against the world speech this season. She is really upset about something, I think it’s the fear of losing that “defending nat’l champions” title she is holding on to, and which she also spoke on last week.

Reaction Score
BS, Wilson had at least 2 flagrant fouls and had at many over the backs that weren't called.

It is funny the same people claim this. In my opinion she goes straight up behind the opponent and taps the ball up. She is behind the player but not over the back.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
BS, Wilson had at least 2 flagrant fouls and had at many over the backs that weren't called.

She was swinging those elbows like there was money in the refs pocket.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Was Dawn really surprised when Gray and Davis turned pro at the end of last season? Them leaving was a secret as poorly kept as Tuck leaving. I don't see how Dawn was expecting those two to come back any more than Geno expected Tuck to come back last season.

Davis leaving was expected. Gray was the surprise. According to Dawn.

The tournament run really sealed the deal for Gray. She was set to return but elected to go out on a high. It was a good personal decision for her.

Reaction Score
She was set to return but elected to go out on a high. It was a good personal decision for her.

Should UConn win this year, would you recommend the same decision for Azura Stevens?:p

Reaction Score
I love Dawn's imaginary doubters.

Even Andy Landers and Maria Taylor are like "What was she talking about?" with that "Nobody thought we could make the Elite 8" nonsense.
Well if you would read that Aja only scores points because they foul and that her supporting cast and the other teammates are so bad as been eloquently stated on this board, she should be saying this. Look at the telecast today. At halftime, if they did not give the score, you would have thought buffalo was winning the game despite their poor shooting percentage. I have never seen so much contempt for a team that won the title. Uh oh, don't want to sound like I am complaining. Lol

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well if you would read that Aja only scores points because they foul and that her supporting cast and the other teammates are so bad as been eloquently stated on this board, she should be saying this. Look at the telecast today. At halftime, if they did not give the score, you would have thought buffalo was winning the game despite their poor shooting percentage. I have never seen so much contempt for a team that won the title. Uh oh, don't want to sound like I am complaining. Lol

That must be it. Dawn reads the Boneyard to fire her up.

Personally, I think A'ja's supporting cast is pretty average. But A'ja is special enough that I always figured she'd lift them to the Elite 8.

Buffalo is such a good story as an underdog going up against the defending champs that you know that announcers are going to be all but openly rooting for them.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Even Andy Landers and Maria Taylor are like "What was she talking about?" with that "Nobody thought we could make the Elite 8" nonsense.
She uses it to motivate her team.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
That must be it. Dawn reads the Boneyard to fire her up.

Personally, I think A'ja's supporting cast is pretty average. But A'ja is special enough that I always figured she'd lift them to the Elite 8.

Buffalo is such a good story as an underdog going up against the defending champs that you know that announcers are going to be all but openly rooting for them.
Next season will be interesting; we will be very much guard heavy. If it was up to me, I'd press and run. I know the fans would enjoy that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Catching up and just saw the quote:

"I'm excited to get back to the Elite Eight," South Carolina coach Dawn Staley said. "Obviously I don't know a whole lot of people outside of our camp that thought we would be here today, but it's always good to prove others wrong and be odds beaters."

Her team is a #2 seed which, in women's basketball, generally means making it to the Elite 8. Her team played a 15 seed, a 10 seed and an 11 seed. Yes Dawn, your team was expected to make it to the Elite 8.

If she wants to use this nonsense with her team privately then by all means do whatever works. But saying it to the public makes her sound ridiculous.

Reaction Score

Or Azura Stevens next season ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom