Buffalo fans trash talking me walking out of the stadium | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Buffalo fans trash talking me walking out of the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Again, coming from a Bostonian...Buffalo is incredible. The opportunities here, the life, the people....all makes for a great time being a student. I'll be going to Oxford, UK for postgraduate studies, but I'll be back in Buff for long term most likely.

Reaction Score
My cousin's fiancee was recently made Budweiser's manager of the region, meaning he and my cousin need to move to Buffalo.

They're both so...SO depressed.

Where are they coming from?

Also, isn't Bud now InBev?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It must have been 5 or 6 years ago... it was a weekday night and UConn survived a scare at Buffalo with a good basketball team - my night was ridiculous. Thanks for a reference point.

Reaction Score
lol @ Buffalo grad telling us we'll envy Buffalo athletics soon. Does Buffalo have any national championships in anything?? This is worse than Rutgers fans thumping their chests.

Reaction Score
My departments at UB are ranked 11th in the world (geo) and 35th in the nation (econ). UConn is a fine school too, but I definitely would rather UB (research opportunities are way better...my lab has a $9 million grant from USDA as an example).

As for being the flagship.....
SUNYBuffaloAthleticLogo.jpg

I hope you do realize that if Albany or Stony Brook made the same logo, then they could claim to be the flagship too. This does nothing. Flagships don't have to tell you that they are flagships. I have to imagine that you at least understand that schools like UNC, UVA, UConn, Tennessee, Michigan, etc., etc., don't have to go out and say that they are the state's flagship. It is just understood that they are. The only thing that makes Buffalo a "flagship" is the arbitrary claim to that status they are making.

Forgive me for being unimpressed.

You come here, tell us that we envy you athletically and academically, and now want to call Uconn a "fine school too." I'm sorry, but if we're fine too, that implies that our schools are on close to equal footing. Forgive me again for being unimpressed that UB has the 11th best Geography department in the world. Did you know that Uconn has one of the top Puppetry departments in the country. In fact, they are in the top two (there are only two).

The difference, of course, is that I am using this as a joke example. You actually used Geography as a serious one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey Warde... I know you are reading... Your fans are being rightfully taunted by UB fans... There is an acceptable response...

Reaction Score
Hey Warde... I know you are reading... Your fans are being rightfully taunted by UB fans... There is an acceptable response...
Does he eat Krispy Kream donuts while reading? Or Dunkin Donuts? I am going to guess Dunkin Donuts.

Reaction Score
My departments at UB are ranked 11th in the world (geo) and 35th in the nation (econ). UConn is a fine school too, but I definitely would rather UB (research opportunities are way better...my lab has a $9 million grant from USDA as an example).

35th in the nation for economics? Close, but no. Try 92nd. Oh and UConn is 60th by the way.
http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.usecondept.html

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I'm feeling a little Jim Mora coming on "Buffalo? Buffalo? Kidding me Buffalo? Their lucky to win a game"

Reaction Score
When I was at UConn I had a geography prof who was a UB grad. One day about 1/3 of the class was missing. He asked where people were and someone said they were at the Big East tournament. We had to explain what a post season was. His reply, "yeah, I went to buffalo, I wouldn't know much about sports."

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
you missed a golden opportunity my friend

"you wish you had the best women's college basketball program in the country, then somebody would actually know who you are"

you could add something like "watching UConn win the Olympic gold every four years is pretty cool too"

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the USF and Memphis fans to come over to our board to thump their chests and say things like "UCONN envies us". Ugh. Is Pasqualoni fired yet???

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It must have been 5 or 6 years ago... it was a weekday night and UConn survived a scare at Buffalo with a good basketball team - my night was ridiculous. Thanks for a reference point.

I think that was the 2006 team and almost losing to UB in their middle school gym was awful.

Coincidentally, it was that year in the NCAAs that the other New York flagship, Albany, gave us a scare in the first round of the tournament.

Reaction Score
Thank you to the one Buffalo Bull fan for stopping by and visiting. None of us knew your school had fans, I usually assume they accidentally show up thinking the Bills are playing. I think the events of the past hour or so should serve to show what exactly your athletic programs is. No, envy you is not something even a D-II school does. Losing to you is a fire-able offense to real schools. That should say it all.

Reaction Score
I have to say, as wrong as this kid was about UConn sports compared to UB, Buffalo is much nicer than Hartford and New Haven. Combined.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Buffalo fans. Think about that.

"Women's basketball season starts soon".

Think about that.

Wow... that pisses me off. So glad this coaching shake up happened today. The future is NOW for this program.

Reaction Score
Also, one more thing. Because we're an AAU member and you're not, B10 has been eyeing us for the last few months. We'll be a member within 5-10 years. So keep dreaming for "bigtime" Huskies.

B1G isn't drooling over teams that draw >20k when the only BCS league team on their home slate comes to town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom