Buffalo fans trash talking me walking out of the stadium | The Boneyard

Buffalo fans trash talking me walking out of the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Buffalo fans. Think about that.

"Women's basketball season starts soon".

Think about that.

Reaction Score
You could tell them to act like you've been there...but they haven't. As little hope I have right now I'd still rather be us than them.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
That's not a stadium. But point taken. I can't wait for the Memphis football fans to dog us at the end of the year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Ahhh yes, the good ol' women's basketball jab. Love that one. I'm sure we will hear it all season. Next up: the 4 USF fans that come up for our epic tilt for last place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Buffalo fans. Think about that.

"Women's basketball season starts soon".

Think about that.
You know I'm a middle aged guy and my brawling days are long behind me but...well let's just say I admire your restraint.

Reaction Score
Well, there's always the other great Buffalo athletic programs. And don't forget the city of Buffalo. A place that gives you a lot to live for.

Reaction Score
Well, there's always the other great Buffalo athletic programs. And don't forget the city of Buffalo. A place that gives you a lot to live for.
My cousin's fiancee was recently made Budweiser's manager of the region, meaning he and my cousin need to move to Buffalo.

They're both so...SO depressed.

Reaction Score
That jab always irks me, not so much cuz that we're so horrid at football now, but people DO know we have a men's hoop program with 3 NCs in recent times, don't they? Or does the women's team outshine them that much in outside public perception?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That jab always irks me, not so much cuz that we're so horrid at football now, but people DO know we have a men's hoop program with 3 NCs in recent times, don't they? Or does the women's team outshine them that much in outside public perception?

Stupid people think that. Buffalo thinks that.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

It irks me too. I heard it from a Michigan fan outside the Big House a few years ago...when we were pretty good. I think the national perception of UCONN is that it supports women's basketball only. Heck, we can't host Michigan without parading the women's team like they are national celebrities. Sorry to say, but the only places that care about women's basketball (vehemently) are Connecticut and Tennessee. That's it. For the rest of the country, it's just a punchline describing the infertility of our football program.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Manuel must be happy. The two programs he's connected to, Michigan and Buffalo, beat us in back to back weeks. I want him and PP gone now.

Reaction Score
I'm an undergraduate at UB.. a few things...

Trash talk is trash talk. Take it or leave it.

As for the whole "Buffalo" thing, I hope you all know a few things (coming from a kid from Massachusetts)...

-We're the flagship of NY State. I.e., we'll be known as the New York Bulls soon (look up New York Bulls Initiative)
-Soon enough, UConn's Athletics will envy us, if not already
-Academically, you already envy us....we're an AAU member ;)
-Buffalo's revitalization over the last 15 years has completely transformed the city into being a very eclectic and intellectual area. UB alone is investing about $1 billion in new infrastructure right now, including a new $375 million medical school.
-At least we're not from farmville
-We destroyed you yesterday. Get used to it.

Why did I chose UB over UConn (with scholarship money)? It's just better.

Have a nice day.

Reaction Score

As for the whole "Buffalo" thing, I hope you all know a few things (coming from a kid from Massachusetts)...

-We're the flagship of NY State. I.e., we'll be known as the New York Bulls soon (look up New York Bulls Initiative)
-Buffalo's revitalization over the last 15 years has completely transformed the city into being a very eclectic and intellectual area. UB alone is investing about $1 billion in new infrastructure right now, including a new $375 million medical school.

Have a nice day.

Also, one more thing. Because we're an AAU member and you're not, B10 has been eyeing us for the last few months. We'll be a member within 5-10 years. So keep dreaming for "bigtime" Huskies.

Reaction Score
LMAO, "UConn will envy Buffalo athletics. If not already" ??!!!! LMAO

I do appreciate the laugh. We have national championships in multiple sports, you have a chest thumping win over our worst team ever. So you have that going for you, which is nice.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Did....did we just get a Buffalo fan on here that quotes his own posts??? That's funny...I can cross off "finding a UB Bulls fan" from my bucket list now...

Reaction Score
Also, one more thing. Because we're an AAU member and you're not, B10 has been eyeing us for the last few months. We'll be a member within 5-10 years. So keep dreaming for "bigtime" Huskies.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! God damn that's funny.

Reaction Score

Have a nice day.

image.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My cousin's fiancee was recently made Budweiser's manager of the region, meaning he and my cousin need to move to Buffalo.

They're both so...SO depressed.

Yeah but that has to be one of the easiest places in the world to sell a lot of beer. If you live there what the hell else can you do other than drink a lot?

Reaction Score
"At least we're not from Farmville" lol you're from Buffalo

"Buffalo's revitalization over the last 15 years has completely transformed the city into being a very eclectic and intellectual area"

images

Reaction Score

Have a nice day.

I think the above posters have covered most of the basics, but what the hell:

1) thank you for this post. This might be the most amusing thing that I have seen in days.

2) We will envy you? Really? You think beating the lousiest team we have ever had all of a sudden makes us dream for the days where our athletic department can be like yours?

Fun Fact! Buffalo has played in exactly 1 bowl game! That is exactly one more postseason game than they ever have played in Men's Basketball. That's right, the envy of Uconn never has played an NCAA tourney game. We have 3 national championships.

Now, a national championship is when your team in a particular sport ends the season as the best team in the country. You may be unfamiliar with the concept because your athletic department barely understands what a postseason even is.

3) I would rather mainline battery acid than go to your school. No, being AAU does not mean anyone is envious of you. Your USNWR ranking indicates that Tennessee and Iowa State are better schools. That is not a good thing. If I ever have a child who wants to go to UB, they will pay every dime. I will not contribute a dime of money so that my child will get a degree that comes in either single or two-ply.

4) I have never heard the words eclectic and intellectual used to describe Buffalo. I'm not sure if you are even being serious about that one or being sarcastic. At least Newark is close to NYC. The only thing Buffalo has going for it is that maybe Cleveland is a bigger s&/hole.

5) Can you really call yourself the flagship of your state if you have to make a point of announcing it to everyone who will listen? Theoretically, the flagship of a state is pretty self-evident. Sorry, as much as I hate them, even Syracuse matters more than you. They are the "flagship" if NY has one. They are the school people outside of NY know exists.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Actually UB is no more of a flagship than Stony Brook or Albany. That aside, it is a pretty good school but it still is in Buffalo, that cannot be changed.

Reaction Score
My departments at UB are ranked 11th in the world (geo) and 35th in the nation (econ). UConn is a fine school too, but I definitely would rather UB (research opportunities are way better...my lab has a $9 million grant from USDA as an example).

As for being the flagship.....
SUNYBuffaloAthleticLogo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member