Brunelle To ND | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Brunelle To ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just breathe. Life will go on regardless of her decision.
Sure.gif

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not really related to an unsigned 2019 recruit like Brunelle.

Boothe has to find her own path; for whatever reasons, things didn't work out for her and Texas. Just have to move forward.
Also helps to have White & Holmes ahead of her and Collier & Prince right behind her.

Reaction Score
OMG, you’re kidding, right? The place where I work is an obstacle course of doughnuts and cakes (we literally have at least one a week) but I’ve been good. I don’t know if I can resist Cadbury egg ice cream, though

I was kidding. That product doesn’t exist. I wish it did. I was just trying to add some humor to a crazy few weeks :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
OMG, you’re kidding, right? The place where I work is an obstacle course of doughnuts and cakes (we literally have at least one a week) but I’ve been good. I don’t know if I can resist Cadbury egg ice cream, though

I was kidding. That product doesn’t exist. I wish it did. I was just trying to add some humor to a crazy few weeks :)
Ice Cream should NEVER be the subject of humor! Life is too short!

th

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do you believe Jones has made a silent commitment to Geno? I sure as heck hope so if he's dropping every other recruit at her position......
Was driving home from work today and thought about something I had forgotten which caused me to rethink my answer to your question.
My previous answer was " absolutely not". I would like to change that to "entirely possible" but it may not be Haley Jones. What I remember was Zia Cooke who UCONN was recruiting pretty hard as late as the summer saying she had dropped UCONN because "UCONN was full"-her words not mine. UCONN is anything but full for the 2019 class. As I said in a previous post just to maintain the roster size and competitiveness UCONN needs at minimum 3 regular rotation & 1 of the three capable of starting in 2019. Zia Cooke could have been a rotation player for UCONN, Samantha Brunelle could have been a starter. So while it may not be a silent committment or Haley Jones specifically UCONN must feel very comfortable with some pretty good players in the 2019 class to be able to walk away (allegedly) from 2 players of that caliber.

Reaction Score
Was driving home from work today and thought about something I had forgotten which caused me to rethink my answer to your question.
My previous answer was " absolutely not". I would like to change that to "entirely possible" but it may not be Haley Jones. What I remember was Zia Cooke who UCONN was recruiting pretty hard as late as the summer saying she had dropped UCONN because "UCONN was full"-her words not mine. UCONN is anything but full for the 2019 class. As I said in a previous post just to maintain the roster size and competitiveness UCONN needs at minimum 3 regular rotation & 1 of the three capable of starting in 2019. Zia Cooke could have been a rotation player for UCONN, Samantha Brunelle could have been a starter. So while it may not be a silent committment or Haley Jones specifically UCONN must feel very comfortable with some pretty good players in the 2019 class to be able to walk away (allegedly) from 2 players of that caliber.

Well Geno is a risk taker in that he simply doesn't always have a plan B or C when it comes to recruiting............if I remember correctly he said he was surprised he got CW and almost shocked he got ONO and as you can see he had no high end backups............I'm pretty confident Correa is a yes if UConn offers..........I'm pretty sure they could of had Celeste Taylor too if they wanted but apparently didn't offer her

Reaction Score
Well Geno is a risk taker in that he simply doesn't always have a plan B or C when it comes to recruiting..if I remember correctly he said he was surprised he got CW and almost shocked he got ONO and as you can see he had no high end backups..I'm pretty confident Correa is a yes if UConn offers.....I'm pretty sure they could of had Celeste Taylor too if they wanted but apparently didn't offer her
If he actually said that, I don't believe him. At UConn's level I doubt that anything is left to chance. Do you think he really thought it was possible that he could possibly be having an empty recruiting class? Me neither.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The university needs a coach and soon. They are losing out in this recruiting cycle and may have had a real shot at Sam. She could have been an icon there.

You're suggesting idolatry? Perhaps Va in their hubris thought Dawn would jump at the chance? Is their a rabbit that can be plucked from the hat? I saw activity around Shea on another board, but that ain't happening. Virginia/Carolina Oh No.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You're suggesting idolatry? Perhaps Va in their hubris thought Dawn would jump at the chance? Is their a rabbit that can be plucked from the hat? I saw activity around Shea on another board, but that ain't happening. Virginia/Carolina Oh No.

Apparently a UVA plane was spotted in South Bend recently. Any P5 program with a vacancy would be foolish not to at least sound out Niele Ivey. The question is does she move now (and her stock will never be higher) or does she wait a couple years for her son to graduate high school?

I wouldn't think it would affect Brunelle much if Ivey went to UVA. Her position coach at ND would be Beth Cunningham. I'm thinking that Cunningham also took the lead in recruiting Sam. For example, the only ND coach that Sam's mom follows on twitter is Cunningham, even though Ivey is the "recruiting coordinator".

Reaction Score

Apparently a UVA plane was spotted in South Bend recently. Any P5 program with a vacancy would be foolish not to at least sound out Niele Ivey. The question is does she move now (and her stock will never be higher) or does she wait a couple years for her son to graduate high school?

I wouldn't think it would affect Brunelle much if Ivey went to UVA. Her position coach at ND would be Beth Cunningham. I'm thinking that Cunningham also took the lead in recruiting Sam. For example, the only ND coach that Sam's mom follows on twitter is Cunningham, even though Ivey is the "recruiting coordinator".

I could care less where that plane goes just as long as it stays far away from CT..............;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Any possibility that the interview in South Bend was for Beth and not Niele? Beth was at VCU (10+ years) for a long time before ND, knows the area and has prior HC experience.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Any possibility that the interview in South Bend was for Beth and not Niele? Beth was at VCU (10+ years) for a long time before ND, knows the area and has prior HC experience.

Word on McGraw's Bench is that she and her husband recently purchased a house in South Bend and have put additional money into renovations on that house. She also has four young children (aged 1 to 6 per her ND bio) so the speculation is that she is in South Bend for a while.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, it's April 15. Sam will announce later today. Dolphan told us who it will not be. I fully expect that Sam will choose Notre Dame.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Well, it's April 15. Sam will announce later today. Dolphan told us who it will not be. I fully expect that Sam will choose Notre Dame.

Yeah, not a lot of suspense here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32