Brunelle To ND | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Brunelle To ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As I’ve thought more about this, if as Dolphin and others have indicated, UConn cooled on Brunelle, including pulling a scholarship offer, there’s something more going on than the Huskies simply determining they had more athletic wings lined up in the class of 2019.

I have a theory, which I will keep to myself, unless & until Brunelle announces her intention to attend ND or any other school not located in Storrs, CT.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
These are the facts:
1. Sam is announcing her college decision today
2. Uconn is included in her finalists
3. There will be ice cream

any additional "insider" information (especially from random, new posters) should be taken with a grain of salt. Therefore, I hope Sam, her family, and friends all have a wonderful time today!! No matter where she lands, one university is going to get an awesome student-athlete!
Ice cream?

Reaction Score
As I’ve thought more about this, if as Dolphin and others have indicated, UConn cooled on Brunelle, including pulling a scholarship offer, there’s something more going on than the Huskies simply determining they had more athletic wings lined up in the class of 2019.

I have a theory, which I will keep to myself, unless & until Brunelle announces her intention to attend ND or any other school not located in Storrs, CT.

are aliens involved?

Reaction Score
What time will she be making her announcement?
WMHS+Sam+Brunelle+1128.jpg

Brunelle plans to reveal her college choice in the gym at William Monroe High School at 4 p.m. on Sunday, April 15.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is there, though? Seems to me that that is the most likely explanation.
OK, here’s a teaser. In all the years I’ve been following Geno and UConn, I can not think of a single time Geno offered a scholarship only to pull the offer, solely based on the fact that he may have had more athletic/talented players lined up.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is there, though? Seems to me that that is the most likely explanation.
Yea right! Then what would the conspiracy theorist have to talk about.
That kind of logic didn't seem to apply when Candace Parker did not make the 2016 Olympic Team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
OK, here’s a teaser. In all the years I’ve been following Geno and UConn, I can not think of a single time Geno offered a scholarship only to pull the offer, solely based on the fact that he may have had more athletic/talented players lined up.
I can only because this one actually made the paper. For the 2014 class UCONN stopped pursuing Taylor Rooks in favor of Sierra Calhoun and Gabby Williams. That turned out to be the right decision.

Reaction Score
I can only because this one actually made the paper. For the 2014 class UCONN stopped pursuing Taylor Rooks in favor of Sierra Calhoun and Gabby Williams. That turned out to be the right decision.

did he just stop pursuing or actually pull the offer? Seems to me that the latter is not a good practice...........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
did he just stop pursuing or actually pull the offer? Seems to me that the latter is not a good practice......
I'm not sure we would know if or when an offer was "pulled" considering half the time we don't know when or if the offer was extended. For example, do we know if Horston has an offer?

Reaction Score
I’m hoping it’s still UCONN but she might choose ND to be in the ACC so her boyfriend at Clemson can make a couple games!?? Not really sure but I still want her at UCONN!

Reaction Score
I really think the focus is on Haley Jones and SB knows it so I would expect her to choose ND. I also think her choice will have no influence on any other highly ranked recruits that she has been photographed with at other positions making a UConn decision.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure we would know if or when an offer was "pulled" considering half the time we don't know when or if the offer was extended. For example, do we know if Horston has an offer?

I kind of doubt Horston has an offer but wished they would make her one...... ...............from what I have seen/read she can play a bit out of control so she might find herself in Geno's dog house but her upside at both ends of the court is tremendous.............................in general I would think there's a big difference though between just cooling your interest in a recruit which is totally normal and actually reneging on an offer...............pulling an existing offer is not something a coach wants to be known for unless there has been a serious issue of some kind with the recruit...........Brunelle has or had a UConn offer, I simply can't believe that Geno pulled it unless she told him that she was no longer interested in UConn..........

JS

Reaction Score
I think we’re in for a surprise here.
I'm with you. Getting some funny cross-currents, despite the obvious mainstream opinion.

Don't know what to make of them.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Had they actually offered Rooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc