Brendan Adams to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams to UConn

Reaction Score
If everyone is back and healthy, Adams can be developed slowly as the 4th guard, but if Gilbert has another injury-plagued year, I have no problem with Adams as the 3rd guard.

Nice move. Obviously this kid likes Hurley. Haven't seen length like Adams in the PG spot since Terrance Samuel.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Christian Vital - make this guy a Captain right now. Always brings max energy. A leader. A cheerleader. Optimist. Made clear he was staying the course, with no negativity, when KO got axed.
Can't wait to see what CV becomes with Dan Hurley as coach.
Agreed. He's my favorite player on the team.

I think the epitome of Vital is at the end of the last game of the Ollie era against SMU, in the worst time in UConn basketball history, Vital was busting his arse right until the buzzer of a game that wasn't even close.

Reaction Score
If everyone is back and healthy, Adams can be developed slowly as the 4th guard, but if Gilbert has another injury-plagued year, I have no problem with Adams as the 3rd guard.

Nice move. Obviously this kid likes Hurley. Haven't seen length like Adams in the PG spot since Terrance Samuel.
Also, whether we get another guard or not Adams can play the 3, due to his size, in a small lineup which is something we couldn't do well this year with AA.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Agreed. He's my favorite player on the team.

I think the epitome of Vital is at the end of the last game of the Ollie era against SMU, in the worst time in UConn basketball history, Vital was busting his arse right until the buzzer of a game that wasn't even close.

CV, JA and Purv will always be some of my favorite Huskies ever for the poise, commitment and fire they’ve shown thru this period. Obviously JA/CV have a shot to turn things around next year, but these kids are absolutely everything you could ever want from a representative of the program.

As for Adams, I probably feel the same as most. Can’t teach size....hopefully, with the guys in front of him, he won’t be overextended and will be able to ease in and carve out a role. Good get.

Reaction Score
Is he a combo or point?

Is he a shooter or just athletic?

I like the interest he got from other schools in both of his recruitments.

Reaction Score
This is a very quality addition especially this late in the game. Rivals 150 kid and his unranked brother became an absolute stud.

Reaction Score
Is he a combo or point?

Excellent basketball genes.

Reaction Score
Is he a combo or point?

This is from a year a go but for background:

Already holding a number of scholarship offers with a slew of others involved, Adams displays many of the characteristics of a high-level player. He can score from all three levels on the floor, sports a solid motor, brings good size onto the perimeter, and in the classroom is a standout student.

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Coaches aren't making same mistake on another Adams

Reaction Score
This is from a year a go but for background:

Already holding a number of scholarship offers with a slew of others involved, Adams displays many of the characteristics of a high-level player. He can score from all three levels on the floor, sports a solid motor, brings good size onto the perimeter, and in the classroom is a standout student.

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Coaches aren't making same mistake on another Adams
best post of the entire thread so far. Sounds like a great addition.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I like the kids size and motor and it appears that he has a decent handle and has some shooting ability
He is a replacement for Akinjo but is ranked lower in both overall and by position by Rivals. However, at this point, it's a good get
Coach DH will mold him over the 4 years that BA is at UConn (that's what I like the best - looks like a long term player)
WELCOME to UConn Brendan!!!!

Reaction Score
AB5A4928-5258-4BF1-A057-61E126FB5107.gif

Reaction Score
Good to see he has offers from Princeton and Columbia, should be a worry with grades which is always a concern.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom