Brendan Adams to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams to UConn

Reaction Score
Did he commit to Dunkin Donuts or UConn? Still waiting for more confirmation.

Reaction Score
I like the kids size and motor and it appears that he has a decent handle and has some shooting ability
He is a replacement for Akinjo but is ranked lower in both overall and by position by Rivals. However, at this point, it's a good get
Coach Dan Hurley will mold him over the 4 years that BA is at UConn (that's what I like the best - looks like a long term player)
WELCOME to UConn Brendan!!!!

I'm happy we got this kid, but this shows me how nuts this board is (not directed at you gtcam). I would have been happy with KO's recruits as well. Akinjo was ranked higher, many on this board said we shouldn't be upset loosing a top 150 recruit, we should be pulling in better. Now, we get a top 150 recruit and it's huge. I don't get it?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did he commit to Dunkin Donuts or UConn? Still waiting for more confirmation.
I'd say "same thing" but I don't feel like having my post as a footnote in a NCAA notice of infractions.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm happy we got this kid, but this shows me how nuts this board is (not directed at you gtcam). I would have been happy with KO's recruits as well. Akinjo was ranked higher, many on this board said we shouldn't be upset loosing a top 150 recruit, we should be pulling in better. Now, we get a top 150 recruit and it's huge. I don't get it?
Many on this board said it sucks losing Akinjo, but he's not worth keeping Ollie. I don't know where this fabrication comes from, that people are happy to see Akinjo go.

Reaction Score

clearly.

Reaction Score

Because sports message boards live at the intersection of Hyperbole St and Hypocrisy Ave? Just down the way from Schadenfreude Road?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Because Adams fills a hole we need, which is depth at guard. Plus he has a lot of upside from the sounds of it.
This won't feel as good if we don't get a big fish like Lecque in the future, and if Adams ends up being anything higher than our 3rd guard. But considering what we've been dealing with, this is a good start. Obviously would've taken Akinjo over Adams, but I wasn't expecting Akinjo to stay anyway.

Reaction Score
No one is spiking footballs. Most people were saying Akinjo was replaceable and not good enough to warrant some sort of justification for keeping Ollie. Which this pretty clearly demonstrates that he was.

Adams should be a nice player to have with some upside. He fits well on this roster, I think.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

In a vacuum, yes, it's silly. But the option was, keep KO and the recruits, or get Hurley and lose the recruits.

In that light, your sentence should read: "many on this board said we shouldn't be upset loosing a top 150 recruit [if it allows us to get Hurley]".

We should be pulling in better (I guess), but we are pretty restricted about what we can bring in for 2018 this late in the game, so any reasonable 'get' is a win.

I liked Akinjo, and would personally take him over Adams, but it's not that big of deal.

Reaction Score
What’s the advantage of Brendan Adams over Emmitt Matthews? They have a more comparable rating ... but Hurley seemed to prefer Adams. Merely relationship?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What’s the advantage of Brendan Adams over Emmitt Matthews? They have a more comparable rating ... but Hurley seemed to prefer Adams. Merely relationship?

Adams has more point guard versatility. Matthews is more of a pure two maybe three. Don't think Matthews handle is as good either.

Also Matthews is a string bean.

Reaction Score
Google search indicates he's taller than Shaq! With all the good talk by posters we've landed a good one. Welcome to UConn!

brendenadams%20(18).jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom