BREAKING: Iziane Castro Marques Off Brazilian Olympic Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BREAKING: Iziane Castro Marques Off Brazilian Olympic Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sure there's more to the story than that - something must have transpired behind closed doors...

The issue was literally behind closed doors - her boyfriend was in her hotel room.

As Sue Bird wondered: "Is this rule enforced for the men's bb team?"

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Oh come on Brazil, lighten up. She's 30 years old. She isn't a child. :rolleyes:

JS

Reaction Score
The issue was literally behind closed doors - her boyfriend was in her hotel room.

As Sue Bird wondered: "Is this rule enforced for the men's bb team?"
Well, here goes a titillating topic.

Some might think it makes more sense for the men's team.

Don't know that the issue is priggish ("boyfriend," i.e. unmarried) and suppose it pertains to banning spouses from the team hotel as well. And the purpose could be getting rid of distractions, or making it easier to get a good night's sleep, or . . .

Do people still subscribe to the view that a sexually satisfied man loses some of his competitive edge? I remember when, with what degree of accuracy I have no idea, people blamed the hugely successful 1960 Olympic sprinter Wilma Rudolph for the hugely unsuccessful performance of favored sprinter Ray Norton.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Perhaps the light of knowledge, i.e., knowing what transpired, might be useful to aid in our understanding of the decision.

Where is the ironical emoticon?

JS

Reaction Score
Perhaps the light of knowledge, i.e., knowing what transpired, might be useful to aid in our understanding
You're a dirty old man, Ozzie.

In short, exactly the demographic the advertisers on this site are targeting.

Your package will arrive in a plain brown wrapper. Try and get to it before Harriet does.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
You're a dirty old man, Ozzie.

In short, exactly the demographic the advertisers on this site are targeting.

Your package will arrive in a plain brown wrapper. Try and get to it before Harriet does.

I am not old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr