BREAKING: Iziane Castro Marques Off Brazilian Olympic Team | The Boneyard

BREAKING: Iziane Castro Marques Off Brazilian Olympic Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Translated from the release:
"Because of an act of indiscipline off the court, she was turned off by the dean of the delegation Hortencia Marcari, who made ​​the decision together with the technical committee. Therefore, Brazil will continue with 11 players to London, for not longer be able to entering a new athlete, except in case of injury proved."
WoW!! I wonder why she dislike the Dean? via www.swishappeal.com

JS

Reaction Score
Huh. She's the one who got into it with Tina.

Some issues there?

Reaction Score
"Because of an act of indiscipline off the court, she was turned off by the dean of the delegation Hortencia Marcari, who made ​​the decision together with the technical committee. Therefore, Brazil will continue with 11 players to London, for not longer be able to entering a new athlete, except in case of injury proved."
WoW!! I wonder why she dislike the Dean? via www.swishappeal.com

Izzy gets emotional on the court sometimes, but I've never heard of her being a problem with the Dream. Be interested to hear if Marynell comments!

Reaction Score
So, she had difficulties with the Dean? What's new?

top%20john%20vernon.gif

Reaction Score
Standard, stiff and clunky machine translation. Doesn't anyone around here speak Spanish? Or English?​

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I watched the game. She's emotional, obviously, and had 4 fouls (including the technical) midway thru the first quarter. Tina probably shouldn't have stuck her elbow in Izzy's face, and did deserve a technical, but Izzy was playing way aggressive (and chippy) and had grabbed Tina's arm IIRC, which is why Tina stuck her elbow up. I never really liked Izzy's play on the court - but I had no idea her actions were going to result in being booted off the team. I'm sure there's more to the story than that - something must have transpired behind closed doors...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I watched the game. She's emotional, obviously, and had 4 fouls (including the technical) midway thru the first quarter. Tina probably shouldn't have stuck her elbow in Izzy's face, and did deserve a technical, but Izzy was playing way aggressive (and chippy) and had grabbed Tina's arm IIRC, which is why Tina stuck her elbow up. I never really liked Izzy's play on the court - but I had no idea her actions were going to result in being booted off the team. I'm sure there's more to the story than that - something must have transpired behind closed doors...
Yeah, it was a really rough game. Looks like both of them got theirs on the court. Looks painful, though.

7585258368_0e1bf651a5.jpg

Reaction Score
Sheesh, eric - read the statement: "Because of an act of indiscipline OFF the court ..."

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
She's a player with talent, but with the emotional maturity of a 5-year old.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She's a player with talent, but with the emotional maturity of a 5-year old.
Wow. Stronger than I would have said it! But she did lose her cool and seemed to be out of control in Monday's game. Unfortunately, I am not totally surprised after watching her 4 days ago.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I always wonder [mod edit] for certain posters, what their deal is.
So do some of us. Why can't people read the links, posts, etc. follow along?

I think Wonkster was very kind to eric. It gets very frustrating sometimes.

Reaction Score
Hortencia is one of the all-time great players in women's basketball and a member of multiple basketball Hall of Fames. She was amazing in her day. Can't be disrespecting the "Queen" and get away with it.

JS

Reaction Score
It gets very frustrating sometimes.
The response to eric needn't have been so grumpy and could, in fact, have been politely stated without the critical tone.

A couple responses or attempted responses to that escalated the exchange into over the line personal territory.

Enough, please (he said politely).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The response to eric needn't have been so grumpy and could, in fact, have been politely stated without the critical tone.

A couple responses or attempted responses to that escalated the exchange into over the line personal territory.

Enough, please (he said politely).

You of all people know how frustrating it can be. ('cept you can actually do something about it, the rest of us must just suffer:()

U

UCONNfan1

Frustrating? How so? This is a message board for sports fans, not a board room for executives. People can certainly disagree without being disagreeable. I see more sniping between UCONN fans than I do between rivals, which is a mystery I've yet to solve.

I totally get disagreeing with someone, even vehemently. I do not get the pot shots that fly way more than they should.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
UCONNfan1 said: ↑
I always wonder [mod edit] for certain posters, what their deal is.

I prefer the strike second or slip bottom deal.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For the record, I don't mind Wonk's comment - it was a tad snarky but... I just consider the source - Grumpy Old Men... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom