Brando and Donny (merged [twice]) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brando and Donny (merged [twice])

Reaction Score
Was at game, how would you describe his broadcast??
He was fair. Not as anti-Uconn as he has in the past. He is reading the Boneyard. LOL! I'm still not a huge fan of his analysis but he was bearable yesterday.

Reaction Score
I would say Donny was actually pro-Husky when the discussion was about the Players. Dozens of compliments.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
My brother from another mother was top notch as always.

Reaction Score
He is not a Husky broadcaster. His job is to call it straight up. Don’t get why many here don’t get that.
My critique of Donny has to do with his chops as an analyst; I expect to learn something from the analyst’s insights into the game, and Donny doesn’t do that for me.

Reaction Score
He is not a Husky broadcaster. His job is to call it straight up. Don’t get why many here don’t get that.
Because he went way overboard before trying to say calls that should have gone the opponents way before. He never analyzed it fairly. Always overhyping the other team. Trust me if you really listened to him then you would of known. I only found one time he seemed to be siding for the other team when the refs called it the other way correctly yesterday. He is improving but I still don't care for his analysis. He isn't as good as Rafferty for sure.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Because he went way overboard before trying to say calls that should have gone the opponents way before. He never analyzed it fairly. Always overhyping the other team. Trust me if you really listed to him then you would of known. I only found one time he seemed to be siding for the other team when the refs called it the other way correctly.
He definitely went out of his way not to be a homer at the expense of being informative. In this game I felt he and Tim Brando did a much better job than in the prior game.

Loved when Brando did the UConn, UConn cheer with the fans.

Reaction Score
That’s not the issue most here have with him. He’s generally obviously unprepared and just not very good as a broadcaster.

All that being said… I thought yesterday was one of the better games from him. Credit where credit is due, he was pretty good.

Reaction Score
Because he went way overboard before trying to say calls that should have gone the opponents way before. He never analyzed it fairly. Always overhyping the other team. Trust me if you really listened to him then you would have known. I only found one time he seemed to be siding for the other team when the refs called it the other way correctly yesterday. He is improving but I still don't care for his analysis. He isn't as good as Rafferty for sure.
I have listened to him dozens of times and never found him to be anti Huskie. Raftery has been an announcer for over 40 years and few are as good as him.

Reaction Score
I have listened to him dozens of times and never found him to be anti Husky. Raftery has been an announcer for over 40 years and few are as good as him.
Seriously it’s like comparing some average joe reggae guy to Bob Marley not a fair comparison.

Reaction Score
Fine, but watched live with volume at zero. Rewatched with sound on, and Brando and Marshall were OK.

Reaction Score
I went bananas when Brando, in trying to justify Marquette, said that they were normally a better team, never once remarking about how the UConn defense was making them take difficult shots, and contesting most shots. That’s what I find incredibly frustrating, and disrespectful.

Reaction Score
While we're talking about Donny, what kind of knot is his tie? It's not the standard half windsor that most men use.

Reaction Score
He definitely went out of his way not to be a homer at the expense of being informative. In this game I felt he and Tim Brando did a much better job than in the prior game.

Loved when Brando did the UConn, UConn cheer with the fans.

That's just not true. He is not employed by UConn like Joe D. He is employed by FOX to be objective.

Reaction Score
That's just not true. He is not employed by UConn like Joe D. He is employed by FOX to be objective.
You do realize that Joe D. hasn't been UConn's pxp announcer for 6 years now? Plus, the local radio/tv broadcasters are not employed by UConn, but are employed by the radio/tv station, and approved by the university. Mike and Wayne are employed by iHeart and Alan and Meghan are employed by SNY.

Reaction Score
This is a thread in a UConn season when there is squat to complain about so how bout we go after Donny. First of all he knows more about the game and our playbook than anyone on this board. Brando getting names wrong when you do 2-3 games a week is like a typo, it happens.
Donny complimented the crap out of his former team while trying to be decent to the people watching in Wisconsin who were crying. My question is this: what did you want to know from him that you didn't see with your own 2 eyes for 2 hours?
His biggest problem?
Keeping the average viewer(not us) from flipping out of a blowout.
Is he the greatest hoop announcer, no, but he's become pretty smooth and professional at it, as good as most doing our games.

Reaction Score
Was at game yesterday and watched today. Though Donny and Tim were fine. No complaints at all.

Reaction Score
You do realize that Joe D. hasn't been UConn's pxp announcer for 6 years now? Plus, the local radio/tv broadcasters are not employed by UConn, but are employed by the radio/tv station, and approved by the university. Mike and Wayne are employed by iHeart and Alan and Meghan are employed by SNY.
You have listened to Joe D and know what I am saying. What exactly do you think "approved bu the university" means? It means homer announcers. It means selling UConn.

Donny isn't and has never been anti-UConn. He is pro Big East, that is the property that FOX cares about. He is complimentary of all BE teams. That's how he broadcasts. DUH!

Reaction Score
I had visions of Brando rocking a liesure suit with a scotch in one hand a doobie in the other, grooving out to some Parliament after his Bootsy Collins comment

Reaction Score
They were actually decent Saturday. Much better than previous games
Well except Brando, who seemed to make a lot of mistakes describing what happened in the game. Especially indentifying players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom