Brando and Donny (merged [twice]) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brando and Donny (merged [twice])

Reaction Score
UConn fans' relentless attacks on a former star player who was instrumental in building our program from a regional mediocrity to a national powerhouse raises the question of whether UConn has the worst fans in college basketball.

How about we give the "Donny sucks" threads a rest for a while.
Friend, Donnie Is objectively terrible. Sorry, but it is true

Reaction Score
UConn fans' relentless attacks on a former star player who was instrumental in building our program from a regional mediocrity to a national powerhouse raises the question of whether UConn has the worst fans in college basketball.

How about we give the "Donny sucks" threads a rest for a while.
Every word out if his mouth is negative points about UConn, he needs to STFU. Mute button is my answer.

Reaction Score
anybody catch Donnie saying that Baylor should be the player of the year? I think he goes out of his way not to sound like a homer.

Reaction Score
Omg I’m gonna lose sleep over Donnys take I can’t enjoy this 28 point win now.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
anybody catch Donnie saying that Baylor should be the player of the year? I think he goes out of his way not to sound like a homer.
If he wanted to be a contrarian, he could have said "Cam Spencer."

If he were a completist, his All-Conference and FotY choices would have added 2 more columns, for Top 6th Man and Top Transfer. And we know who they are.

THEN, he could make a joke about Alex being the "odd man out, but I really can't say so, because people will call me a homer."

Of course, I can say it, and he knows I'm right. Okay, maybe everything except Spencer...but Newton and Spencer both had better games than Scheiermann in Storrs. To be reasonable, I'll keep that question open until the rematch in Omaha.

I thought Donny and Brando were a non-issue today, and UConn was even better.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Every word out if his mouth is negative points about UConn, he needs to STFU. Mute button is my answer.
your 2 cents ain't worth a dime

Reaction Score
I like Brando's personality and voice (I've loved him for years), but he's been so bad on the call lately. He's probably ready for the pasture. Mis-identifies, no clue what's going on, etc.
Yea this was a big issue today and hits all the top play by play guys when they're past their prime. He couldn't keep up with who was who after made baskets.

Reaction Score
Did Fox send Gus Johnson and Jimmy Jackson to do Mich vs Mich St? Fox trying to hype up that game as if it means anything this year.

Reaction Score
Did Fox send Gus Johnson and Jimmy Jackson to do Mich vs Mich St? Fox trying to hype up that game as if it means anything this year.
It was also the game Fox was advertising all week, bizarre.

Reaction Score
Think they were fine maybe I’m just blinded by today’s domination.

Reaction Score
Fox picks one game each week that it wants to feature on Saturday night. Gus Johnson is always assigned to that game and Fox promotes it all week. We were in one of them a few weeks ago. Too bad we weren’t this week, but I’m guessing these are selected a while in advance.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yea brando talking about bootsy collins is what i consider excellent too lol
Any Bootsy reference is appreciated here. Obviously you don't want the funk, so what good are you?

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
It’s off topic but nothing can be worse than Kara on SNY, she’s embarrassing and cringe inducing.

Reaction Score
Both announcers very good today and couldn’t have been more complimentary to the Huskies. How could they not?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom