Bracketology 3/5/23 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology 3/5/23

Reaction Score
Has Kim ever commented about why she chose such a ridiculously weak OOC schedule?
Its weak regardless for ANY P5 team. That said even for Kim standards, that was an all time low. She may schedule weak again but no way its going to be that weak moving forward considering the talent she has coming into BR now and having her own players now. Elite players want to compete against the best and showcase their skills.

But LSU lost 4 of their starting 5, and had 8 of their 10 scholarship players were transfers or freshmen. She made the schedule assuming they would have nothing this coming year before the portal Brought in what it did. Not justifying what she did but she treated the program like they were going to be at rock bottom in rebuild mode. Little did she know the SEC would actually be even more down and hurt them even more.

She knew good and well the OOC schedule could come back to bite her in this way. The schedule allowed for her team to develop chemistry, confidence and give lots of new players playing time. What it didn't do is put them in adversity early on, give any opportunity for quality wins or truly show what they are good or not good at.

I believe LSU is in the Naismith Hall of fame classic next season and the SEC/ACC challenge right off the back should have two games that trump anything close to their OOC schedule this year. If they sprinkle in 3 or 4 more decent games vs P5/Midmajors I would call it day and be pleased.

Reaction Score
I wonder how Dorka would match up against Liz Kitley, if we ended up facing Va Tech in the tournament. I think Aamore and Traylor would struggle against our backcourt, and Aaliyah would dominate Taylor Soule. So it’s not like Dorka would have to shut down Kitley. But I have a feeling it would be a good matchup and might really burnish Dorka’s draft credentials

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Its weak regardless for ANY P5 team. That said even for Kim standards, that was an all time low. She may schedule weak again but no way its going to be that weak moving forward considering the talent she has coming into BR now and having her own players now. Elite players want to compete against the best and showcase their skills.

But LSU lost 4 of their starting 5, and had 8 of their 10 scholarship players were transfers or freshmen. She made the schedule assuming they would have nothing this coming year before the portal Brought in what it did. Not justifying what she did but she treated the program like they were going to be at rock bottom in rebuild mode. Little did she know the SEC would actually be even more down and hurt them even more.

She knew good and well the OOC schedule could come back to bite her in this way. The schedule allowed for her team to develop chemistry, confidence and give lots of new players playing time. What it didn't do is put them in adversity early on, give any opportunity for quality wins or truly show what they are good or not good at.

I believe LSU is in the Naismith Hall of fame classic next season and the SEC/ACC challenge right off the back should have two games that trump anything close to their OOC schedule this year. If they sprinkle in 3 or 4 more decent games vs P5/Midmajors I would call it day and be pleased.
That may well be but it doesn’t explain Baylor’s weak OOC when they were considered
the favorite to win the National Championship with Griner. She has a history as a coach.

Reaction Score
Actually, UConn is #2 in the NET, along with #4 in Massey. Sonny Moore hasn’t been updated yet to reflect yesterday’s games, but they are #5 there, and likely to move up. That simply doesn’t add up to a #3.

I could be wrong, but for years Creme has merely tried to project what the committee might do, but I think he may have decided to try to be more of an influencer not just predictor.
Creme has in the past used the AP Top 25 rankings as a guide to his seedings. No.'s 1-4 would often be his 1-seeds, No.'s 2-8 his 2-seeds, etc. UConn is currently #9 in the AP so by the above parameters, he would have them as the highest 3-seed. Where he will try to follow Committee protocols is in locating 1-16 seeds from the same conference in different regions.

Reaction Score
Actually, UConn is #2 in the NET, along with #4 in Massey. Sonny Moore hasn’t been updated yet to reflect yesterday’s games, but they are #5 there, and likely to move up. That simply doesn’t add up to a #3.

I could be wrong, but for years Creme has merely tried to project what the committee might do, but I think he may have decided to try to be more of an influencer not just predictor.
Not an influencer but producer of click bait and self promotion.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
He's got a job, you've got a job, I used to have a job...

His job seems to be to write Woman's Bb analysis that infuriates everyone...and raise blood pressure throughout the senior members of the woman's BB community...

Not mine...

I enjoy reading his crap...pay it little heed
at the end, its the committee that decides...

Don't have much faith in them either...
You have to win 6 games to be crowned...some are not going to be easy...

Suppose we do have to play Dawn's crowd in the
elite-8...You're probably going to have to play them at some point.

Reaction Score
Not bad for a 3-seed.

(Shown on ESPN during the Louisville/VA Tech game.)

**EDIT: Just realized the three teams beneath UConn are projected 1-seeds. The jokes write themselves.

7C668B66-039C-4688-9156-C49363DB8350.jpeg

Reaction Score
That may well be but it doesn’t explain Baylor’s weak OOC when they were considered
the favorite to win the National Championship with Griner. She has a history as a coach.
I think criticism of Kim's schedule is fair especially for this year... But she did not schedule that badly when she had Griner.

Griners freshmen year: Played #6 TN, #17 Cal, #14 Arizona St in OOC
Griners sophomore year: Played #1 UCONN, #25 Michigan St, #18 Notre Dame, #6 TN, #23 Syracuse in OOC
Griners junior year: Played #22 UCLA, #2 ND, #6 TN, #2 UCONN in OOC
Ginrers senior year: Played #6 Kentucky, #4 Stanford, #5 ND, #10 TN in OOC

Nothing about any of that is weak. Is it at the level of which Geno plays his OOC schedule? No but that OOC schedule is very acceptable during the Griner era or any era for that matter

Reaction Score
Not bad for a 3-seed.

(Shown on ESPN during the Louisville/VA Tech game.)

**EDIT: Just realized the three teams beneath UConn are projected 1-seeds. The jokes write themselves.

View attachment 84705
Most years you'd say UCONN was a lock at #1, with a 25-5 record against the NCAA women's toughest schedule, having the most wins against the best teams!
But the whoevers put UCONN at #9?
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it just seems the voters have a grudge against UCONN!

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m in the minority but I don’t care what our seed is. Just put us out west so we won’t see SC until the championship game. I feel pretty good about our chances against any of the other 1 or 2 seeds now that we’re virtually 100% healthy based who we expected to play this year when the season started. I’m sure Geno will keep Caroline out for the rest of the BE tournament to make sure she is ready and healthy for the NCAA tournamen. Now that Azzi is back, it makes that decision easier.

Reaction Score
Most years you'd say UCONN was a lock at #1, with a 25-5 record against the NCAA women's toughest schedule, having the most wins against the best teams!
But the whoevers put UCONN at #9?
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it just seems the voters have a grudge against UCONN!
I understand what you’re saying but we’ve also have had arguable worse losses that’s the teams ahead of us. I have a hard time with the teams we already beat head-to-head ranked better but our bad losses still have an affect on this. plus as voters rack and stack teams, they don’t know what Azzi’s playing status is. they have to rank based upon our current team without any projected return date for Azzi.

Reaction Score
Maybe if they give a logical reason for their criticism so we can respect where they are coming from.
But just to rail at Charlie and have no concept about his role, is only fanning the flames of insanity.
You seem to be the one to not understand his role. His role is to drive clicks and conversations online- typically through outrage. He is nobody’s message, just a court jester.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe if they give a logical reason for their criticism so we can respect where they are coming from.
But just to rail at Charlie and have no concept about his role, is only fanning the flames of insanity.
No, people don’t have to explain their feelings. They’re fans, not (necessarily) lawyers

Reaction Score
V tech lost to Clemson.. Duke .. barely beat Tenn…we were missing Dorka, Nika and AZzi when we played Maryland and it was close… how in hell is aVT a 1 seed over us

Reaction Score
I think that if Louisville and Ohio State pull out victories in their conference finals and UConn wins out then we should grab a number one seed. At worst a high #2 seed.
I agree, if UConn wins Big East they deserve a number 1 seed. If Iowa wins the Big Ten I think they deserve a number 1 seed. South Carolina is the obvious number 1 overall seed. The final number 1 is a toss up for me but as of now my final number 1 would be Indiana.

Reaction Score
If Creme is right and we end up on the 3 line or even lower, and then we roll to the FF and the NC game, I’m sure we’ll hear how unpredictable that was. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The way I see it, if the Big East had their Championship game today AND UCONN beat Villianova, then today we would know what Creme de la creme thinks about UCONN. We have to wait till tomorrow and hope that Villanova wins today so we can demonstrate tomorrow that UCONN women are back to form and deserve a #1 ranking. Stay tuned....tomorrow!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom