Boykin commits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boykin commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congratulations to a great player and an even better person!

SAWX: took instant note of your comment. Am very interested in any elaboration you can make on your observation re "even better person." The dimension carries enormous weight with me. I do know about the care she gives to her brother. And I like the little bit I've seen about her relationship with her dad. But, beyond that, I'd love to hear more about her as a person.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MH: GReetings, and thanks for the solid advice. Always been pretty good on the faith part, but stronger on patients than patience, I'd say....especially as the hour glass trickles down. Wish I could turn that sucker end for end....I love it here!

Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the addition of Boykin to our incoming. Weren't you a little antsy too after we only signed one of the four that weekend??
Greetings! I was happy about getting Napheesa and hearing that DJB and KLS had great visits. Kids decide and announce according to their schedule. See the A'ja Wilson case, for example.

Turn that damn hourglass back over, prop up your feet, and have a cold one! :)

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
SAWX: took instant note of your comment. Am very interested in any elaboration you can make on your observation re "even better person." The dimension carries enormous weight with me. I do know about the care she gives to her brother. And I like the little bit I've seen about her relationship with her dad. But, beyond that, I'd love to hear more about her as a person.
I think her dad is a Marine also. Leaving a private school to go back to a public school is a large, difficult decision for a young girl, and very very telling. She's another Wow!

Reaction Score
It means, IMHO, that UCONN is assembling a team of fantastic kids who also happen to be fantastic basketball players. Geno got a quartet of guards in 2014. Now he's looking for wings, forwards, and post players in 2015. Of course, Durr is an incredible talent so no matter what needs he feels for the team, I think he would want her in a New York minute...

There is plenty of room for Samuelson. Geno likes to mix and match to maximize his talent. Remember when he had Stewie, Kiah, KML and Stef on the court with MoJett or Bria? Basically a PG, wing, forward and 2 centers. Let's say for the sake of argument that he lands Durr, Samuelson and Butler...

Depending on who he gets for 2016 as freshmen, he'd have Chong, Ek, Edwards, Williams, Nurse, Collier, Boykin, Butler, Durr and Samuelson. I could see starters of Nurse, Durr, Samuelson, Collier and Butler with lots of PT for Boykin, Williams and Chong, and that's not even including the freshmen he may have on the team. But ultimately it will all shake out and the best players will eventually get to start...
I think you underestimate Gabby....She is special....34 inch vertical!!

Reaction Score

Well you know about her leaving private school so she could spend more time with her brother and her great relationship with her father but she also has 3.0 G.P.A, volunteers as a tutor at an elementary school, and also volunteers at the Glenarden-Ardmore-Springdale Boys and Girls Club. She is just a well rounded and down to earth kid that will be a pleasure to watch for 4 years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Gabby is healthy--please, Lord--she'll remind people of Diamond DeShields, Nykesha Sales, and David Thompson. The WCBB version of the Human Highlights Reel.

Reaction Score
Greetings! I was happy about getting Napheesa and hearing that DJB and KLS had great visits. Kids decide and announce according to their schedule. See the A'ja Wilson case, for example.

Turn that damn hourglass back over, prop up your feet, and have a cold one! :)

MH: now, that's even better advice, on both points. Turned the bastard over with one hand ...and have a nicely iced Manhattan in the other. You stay well.

Reaction Score
I think her dad is a Marine also. Leaving a private school to go back to a public school is a large, difficult decision for a young girl, and very very telling. She's another Wow!

GENO: agreed....I am certainly convinced by all I"ve learned from her today. You stay well.

Reaction Score
Well you know about her leaving private school so she could spend more time with her brother and her great relationship with her father but she also has 3.0 G.P.A, volunteers as a tutor at an elementary school, and also volunteers at the Glenarden-Ardmore-Springdale Boys and Girls Club. She is just a well rounded and down to earth kid that will be a pleasure to watch for 4 years.

SAWX: appreciate that follow up and response.....I AM sold on the kid and the family, including the brother.

Reaction Score
MH: now, that's even better advice, on both points. Turned the bas over with one hand ...and have a nicely iced Manhattan in the other. You stay well.

OOPS: that was meant to say "bastard, " not "bas"......and I've only had my first sip.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
GENO: agreed....I am certainly convinced by all I"ve learned from her today. You stay well.
We are very lucky- both 2015 recruits are outstanding young ladies! We are so spoiled- it's almost pathetic! Key word- almost!!!! U stay well WL!

Reaction Score
OOPS: that was meant to say "bas , " not "bas".and I've only had my first sip.

DAMN: well, you know what. I'm thinking it's the MODS that have had too much, and not me. (I'm still just fine, for the record.) I've seen a lot worse than "Bastards" on here, seems to me.

Reaction Score
Great news! Dejanae will be contributing to the longest winning streak in the history of college basketball.
you DJB did not make a wrong decision where to play and become a good basketball player in the future....you are in the right place here in UCONN....and will be playing for another NC in your career....GO UCONN....

Reaction Score
I saw that someone else mentioned Lou. Hope this doesn't change her mind. She was the one recruit I hoped UConn would be getting.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The Boneyard will eventually decide her height after we decide what's most advantageous for Uconn and our specific future needs. Once all our potential recruits decide, we'll decide! If we don't get a true post player, I'm thinking 6'5 1/2"

Reminds me of the spot in " Of thee I Sing" where the Supreme Court deciders whether the Prez'z baby is a boy or a girl..

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the spot in " Of thee I Sing" where the Supreme Court deciders whether the Prez'z baby is a boy or a girl..
U Wack Jobs make the off season almost bearable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom