Boykin commits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boykin commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Collier and Boykin are both 3/4's. Though Collier is probably more of a 3, and Boykin a 4. And then we Ekmark/Williams/Nurse who can play 3 too.

What does this mean for Samuelson? Though I suppose Samuelson is probably better than both and won't be worried about playing time.

Reaction Score
She is around 6'2, in that picture KLS has on boots with a heel, same for Collier and Gorecki, DJB has on sneakers

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Looking like a monster 2015 class for UConn. If Geno reels in Durr or KLS, watch out.

I'm sure ND's class will end up fine, but I'm pretty envious of UConn right now.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Collier and Boykin are both 3/4's. Though Collier is probably more of a 3, and Boykin a 4. And then we Ekmark/Williams/Nurse who can play 3 too.

What does this mean for Samuelson? Though I suppose Samuelson is probably better than both and won't be worried about playing time.
It means, IMHO, that UCONN is assembling a team of fantastic kids who also happen to be fantastic basketball players. Geno got a quartet of guards in 2014. Now he's looking for wings, forwards, and post players in 2015. Of course, Durr is an incredible talent so no matter what needs he feels for the team, I think he would want her in a New York minute...

There is plenty of room for Samuelson. Geno likes to mix and match to maximize his talent. Remember when he had Stewie, Kiah, KML and Stef on the court with MoJett or Bria? Basically a PG, wing, forward and 2 centers. Let's say for the sake of argument that he lands Durr, Samuelson and Butler...

Depending on who he gets for 2016 as freshmen, he'd have Chong, Ek, Edwards, Williams, Nurse, Collier, Boykin, Butler, Durr and Samuelson. I could see starters of Nurse, Durr, Samuelson, Collier and Butler with lots of PT for Boykin, Williams and Chong, and that's not even including the freshmen he may have on the team. But ultimately it will all shake out and the best players will eventually get to start...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great news! Dejanae will be contributing to the longest winning streak in the history of college basketball.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Very excited to hear of the commit! Hope Ms. Boykin loves her time at UConn.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A couple of weeks ago fans were concerned about recruits and post players. Who is UConn gonna get? Everybody seems to be going someplace else. We were hoping for Turner and she went to ND then there was Wilson and she went to SC. Now everybody is excited. I guess Geno does know what he's doing. LOL As far as Durr and Samuelson. They are number 1 and 2 depending on the polls and depending on the week. They imo are both starters and have no fear they are really really good especially from the outside. Surround them with the players we have and are bringing in and they will be able to showcase their skills because you wont be able to play UConn one on one and stop them. This is beginning to be almost unfair with the kids coming to UConn.

Oh yeah what about all that talk about conference schedule? How bout a very very strong out of conference schedule. Oh yeah what about all that nasty talk about class, well Geno's got the number 1 class coming in and maybe even a couple of more number 1 players. The payback is great. How bout TV talking to top teams to play UConn and promoting big games against UConn and you know you can check off a loss on your schedule no matter where they play.

The difference between UConn and everybody less is so wide that it is unfair. UConn is in a league of their own and continues to get better in leaps and bounds. How good is Geno? I dont think there is a coach that you can compare to him. Every great coach had her or his day but in this era of WCBB its only UConn and everybody else. If I'm a high school kid I'm hoping Geno doesn't retire until I get a chance to play for him. If I'm the President of UConn I'm thinking thank goodness we signed him to a 5 year deal because his stock continues to go up and in 5 years his salary may be untouchable. What this shows me is not only is Geno a terrific coach, but a terrific leader with his priorities in place and that's part of the reason these kids and their parents are coming to UConn.

The recruiting at UConn over the past week is like an explosion of great kids coming. I know we're not finished yet and we may not get everybody, but we don't need everybody either, although it would be even better. One thing for sure. Those kids we're looking at who now choose not to come to UConn should know they most likely will not win a NC over the next 4-6 years. Right now there is only UConn and when your not number 1 the view doesn't change your still looking up at UConn. With Butler Samuelson Durr still in the wings I think if we get all three UConn may be undefeated for a very long time and that 90 game win streak may be broken . What is amazing is how good UConn is and how much better they can still get. WOW

Reaction Score
A couple of weeks ago fans were concerned about recruits and post players. Who is UConn gonna get? Everybody seems to be going someplace else. We were hoping for Turner and she went to ND then there was Wilson and she went to SC. Now everybody is excited. I guess Geno does know what he's doing. LOL As far as Durr and Samuelson. They are number 1 and 2 depending on the polls and depending on the week. They imo are both starters and have no fear they are really really good especially from the outside. Surround them with the players we have and are bringing in and they will be able to showcase their skills because you wont be able to play UConn one on one and stop them. This is beginning to be almost unfair with the kids coming to UConn.

Oh yeah what about all that talk about conference schedule? How bout a very very strong out of conference schedule. Oh yeah what about all that nasty talk about class, well Geno's got the number 1 class coming in and maybe even a couple of more number 1 players. The payback is great. How bout TV talking to top teams to play UConn and promoting big games against UConn and you know you can check off a loss on your schedule no matter where they play.

The difference between UConn and everybody less is so wide that it is unfair. UConn is in a league of their own and continues to get better in leaps and bounds. How good is Geno? I dont think there is a coach that you can compare to him. Every great coach had her or his day but in this era of WCBB its only UConn and everybody else. If I'm a high school kid I'm hoping Geno doesn't retire until I get a chance to play for him. If I'm the President of UConn I'm thinking thank goodness we signed him to a 5 year deal because his stock continues to go up and in 5 years his salary may be untouchable. What this shows me is not only is Geno a terrific coach, but a terrific leader with his priorities in place and that's part of the reason these kids and their parents are coming to UConn.

The recruiting at UConn over the past week is like an explosion of great kids coming. I know we're not finished yet and we may not get everybody, but we don't need everybody either, although it would be even better. One thing for sure. Those kids we're looking at who now choose not to come to UConn should know they most likely will not win a NC over the next 4-6 years. Right now there is only UConn and when your not number 1 the view doesn't change your still looking up at UConn. With Butler Samuelson Durr still in the wings I think if we get all three UConn may be undefeated for a very long time and that 90 game win streak may be broken . What is amazing is how good UConn is and how much better they can still get. WOW
Tony, why are you always so negative?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The Boneyard will eventually decide her height after we decide what's most advantageous for Uconn and our specific future needs. Once all our potential recruits decide, we'll decide! If we don't get a true post player, I'm thinking 6'5 1/2"

Reaction Score
Welcome to the new kid for sure.....but I do have a question for her and her dad. When was the last time you got a spanking? I ask because of that surprise of yours re your announcement date. I had been disappointed and disconcerted for the last couple of weeks bec you didn't sign up during your visit....and now it turns out that you DID sign up .....so, you owe me one...or I owe you one. It is not nice to worry old people! ;)
And welcome to the Boneyard to "Pop" Boykin as well as to De'Janae herself.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome to the new kid for sure.....but I do have a question for her and her dad. When was the last time you got a spanking? I ask because of that surprise of yours re your announcement date. I had been disappointed and disconcerted for the last couple of weeks bec you didn't sign up during your visit....and now it turns out that you DID sign up .....so, you owe me one...or I owe you one. It is not nice to worry old people! ;)
And welcome to the Boneyard to "Pop" Boykin as well as to De'Janae herself.
You need to have faith, Doc! And patience. :)

Reaction Score
You need to have faith, Doc! And patience. :)

MH: GReetings, and thanks for the solid advice. Always been pretty good on the faith part, but stronger on patients than patience, I'd say....especially as the hour glass trickles down. Wish I could turn that sucker end for end....I love it here!

Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the addition of Boykin to our incoming. Weren't you a little antsy too after we only signed one of the four that weekend??

Reaction Score
Keil Moore ‏@KeilMoorePSB 12m
#CommitmentCentral w/ the assist from @WeWorkHoops DeJanae Boykin MD-15 to UConn pic.twitter.com/ZjnGQdaS4T
Bm1WQjmIUAAfRBx.jpg

She's terrific! Welcome to UCONN!! So excited to land this kid. What a great day for UCONN fans!!

11 per Blue Star
10 per HG
3 per ASGR
8 per Prospects Nation

Consensus #8 kid in the class!

Per ASGR "Dejanae is a three-four player who have a wonderful inside-outside game. She is a strong athlete, and she has excellent shooting range".

Per HG "College-ready frame with versatile faceup-4 game; skilled interior attack finishes in traffic, nimble footwork, explosive to rim in mid-post game; developing perimeter threat; versatile defender".

ERIC: thanks for digging up those interesting rankings and descriptions....not to mention the "banners" and quotes at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom