Box Score for Tonight's Tough Pan Am Win.... | The Boneyard

Box Score for Tonight's Tough Pan Am Win....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://results.toronto2015.org/IRS/en/basketball/results-women-a-02.htm

STEWIE AND MORIAH WERE SIMPLY OUTSTANDING. AND SHOWED INCREDIBLE TOUGHNESS, TOO.

- I thought Coates played a solid game- rebounded well, added toughness and strength down the middle.

-Either Kimbrough-Walker or Linnae Harper should start instead of Courtney Williams, who looked nervous and did very little on either end. Thought Shatori looked really solid out there.

- Something must be going on between Bluder and Mavunga, she only played less than 2 minutes. Dog House?Head scratcher. She would have done at least as well as Reimer's 2 rebounds and poor defense.

- Mitchell's absence is gonna hurt, making a rest for Moriah virtually impossible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As another poster stated Stewie and Moriah can't play these kind of minutes. Games are scheduled every day. Box score shows Mavunga playing 90 seconds in a game where there was a need for a big like her? Hopefully USA coaches get together and figure out a way to rest players against weaker team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Harper does some good things in spurts but is a player the other team can pretty much ignore on the offensive end. I can see why this team nearly lost twice to the U19 team. It's not real deep and lacks shooters. Mitchell's return would help.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
http://results.toronto2015.org/IRS/en/basketball/results-women-a-02.htm

STEWIE AND MORIAH WERE SIMPLY OUTSTANDING. AND SHOWED INCREDIBLE TOUGHNESS, TOO.

- I thought Coates played a solid game- rebounded well, added toughness and strength down the middle.

-Either Kimbrough-Walker or Linnae Harper should start instead of Courtney Williams, who looked nervous and did very little on either end. Thought Shatori looked really solid out there.

- Something must be going on between Bluder and Mavunga, she only played less than 2 minutes. Dog House?Head scratcher. She would have done at least as well as Reimer's 2 rebounds and poor defense.

- Mitchell's absence is gonna hurt, making a rest for Moriah virtually impossible.

Mitchell would play point for Team USA? That's interesting.

Reaction Score
Mitchell would play point for Team USA? That's interesting.

• Yes, absolutely. There are no other good options. Mitchell is the only kid besides Moriah who has the skills, quickness and requisite mentality to play point and lead the team. And a healthy Mitchell would allow Bluder to give Moriah some much-needed bench rest, rather than playing her an exhausting 37 minutes like she did last night. The team has zero depth at guards with excellent handling/passing skills. Linnae Harper is really strong but far more effective as an undersized wing- her ball handling, passing and outside shot are not very good. Kelsey Plum is strictly a shooting 2-guard with great range, but she lacks the needed quickness and handle to play the point on this team. And Courtney Williams? Forget it- she isn't really a 1 or a 2- she's a scoring wing who could never play the point.
  • I'm pretty sure that if Mitchell were healthy, Moriah could get the extra time to rest that she needs. And Tiffany, while no Moriah Jefferson, would no doubt do a solid job at the point.

Last edited:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Did anyone else catch part of this on tv lastnight? I was shocked it was on but glad.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Did anyone else catch part of this on tv lastnight? I was shocked it was on but glad.
Watched the whole thing. Was about ready to get my WatchESPN going on my tablet and the announcer said they would get us out to the basketball game in a couple of minutes. I was like..

wooderson.jpg

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Watched the whole thing. Was about ready to get my WatchESPN going on my tablet and the announcer said they would get us out to the basketball game in a couple of minutes. I was like..

wooderson.jpg
LOL, my wife wasn't to happy at me hooting and hollering at the flops as she was trying to head to bed... I only caught the last quarter. You think there's a chance tonight's game will be on as well?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I know that flopping is generally more accepted in international play by refs but does anyone see this act as possibly costing anyone a game?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Does anybody know if the ankle Stewie rolled against Brazil was the same ankle she rolled in the NC game? ... or not?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
LOL, my wife wasn't to happy at me hooting and hollering at the flops as she was trying to head to bed... I only caught the last quarter. You think there's a chance tonight's game will be on as well?
Probably a decent chance. 9:00 PM, it's probably not competing with a lot of stuff. If not, then at least we got ESPN3.

Reaction Score
No it wasn't. As per the article mentioned above by Blakeon 18

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Does anybody know if the ankle Stewie rolled against Brazil was the same ankle she rolled in the NC game? ... or not?
Not - as I remember she rolled her right ankle in the NCAAs and the left yesterday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"morgie" is resting her knee. :)
Wisely, because she has a chance at 5 NCAA championships. That would put Diana Taurasi, Chamique Holdsclaw, and Lew Alcindor far into the rear view mirror.

Reaction Score
Maybe Mavunga isn't able to do her wild/out of control post moves against better and more skilled players.

Reaction Score
Same darn right ankle.

?????
This from Adamec's article. "Stewart, after turning her right ankle 90 seconds into the game and sitting out briefly"
"But the North Syracuse, New York, native — who played through a left ankle injury during UConn’s national championship game win over Notre Dame"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom