Bowl Rumors | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bowl Rumors

Reaction Score
Kind of. I remember posters saying that four wins was unrealistic. It has been one hell of a run this year.
I was one of those. The results this season would have been remarkable even if we were playing with some of our starting skill position players. That we lost all the skill position starters, and many of the back ups, and still went 5-1 at home would have been unthinkable.

Reaction Score

Hey, I totally get it. After a stellar season starting out 6-0 and then limping in 1-5 (beating a mighty BC team in the final game) the Orange should feel plenty empowered. I'm sure the ACC offices honor the requests from Syracuse just like they do from FSU and Clemson.

Reaction Score
I was one of those. The results this season would have been remarkable even if we were playing with some of our starting skill position players. That we lost all the skill position starters, and many of the back ups, and still went 5-1 at home would have been unthinkable.
I never thought they were capable of bowling this year but the coaching difference was evident in the Utah State game.

Reaction Score
Hey, I totally get it. After a stellar season starting out 6-0 and then limping in 1-5 (beating a mighty BC team in the final game) the Orange should feel plenty empowered. I'm sure the ACC offices honor the requests from Syracuse just like they do from FSU and Clemson.
does this give uconn a better chance for fenway

Reaction Score
So the ACC has 9 teams bowl eligible and 12 bowl destinations. Only 2 are G5 matchups (Fenway and Military Bowl). Cuse can be picky I guess? Might help the Huskies? Doubt it…but ya never know.

Reaction Score
Playing in the ACC's bowl game and continuing to schedule 3 ACC games a year for our program would be a great step forward imo.
I’ve been saying this for a while. Playing and especially beating ACC schools is important for our future. When and if it expands, the more we look like an ACC school the better our chances.

Taking “their” bowl also helps them I think. Getting UConn at Fenway is a positive for Fenway in terms of getting a solid crowd that doesn’t happen if they get New Mexico State, too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
From what I can gather online, the Fenway Bowl payout is not currently public but estimated to be ~$2M. Will happily take Cuse's spot there.

It would not surprise me if the money doesn't travel. The ACC might agree to a team swap, but expect that to be contingent on the ACC getting the money, i e., the Non-ACC replacement team would get the payout of the bowl with the lowest sum and the ACC would get the higher one.

No way the ACC conference gives up a $2M payout that would go to their conference pool to a non-ACC school.

Reaction Score
It would not surprise me if the money doesn't travel. The ACC might agree to a team swap, but expect that to be contingent on the ACC getting the money, i e., the Non-ACC replacement team would get the payout of the bowl with the lowest sum and the ACC would get the higher one.

No way the ACC conference gives up a $2M payout that would go to their conference pool to a non-ACC school.
I’m not sure they get that choice. They maybe can swap another ACC for Syracuse or something, but if they don’t send a team no way can they expect to get paid. My guess is they will try to swap Syracuse for another ACC team first. Maybe Louisville or Pitt to Fenway and the Orange to Pinstripe or Military. Something like that.

The other thing this could potentially do is add UConn as a tie-in for Fenway for the future. Even if it were ACC vs AAC or UConn.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this for a while. Playing and especially beating ACC schools is important for our future. When and if it expands, the more we look like an ACC school the better our chances.
Absolutely. Going 2-1 every year (as much as possible or better) against the ACC really helps us in the strength of program argument not only in the ACC conversation specifically but the P5 convo generally.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure they get that choice. They maybe can swap another ACC for Syracuse or something, but if they don’t send a team no way can they expect to get paid. My guess is they will try to swap Syracuse for another ACC team first. Maybe Louisville or Pitt to Fenway and the Orange to Pinstripe or Military. Something like that.

The lasted The Athletic projection has:

FenwayDec. 17Wake Forest (ACC No. 9) vs. East Carolina (AAC)
PinstripeDec. 29Minnesota (Big Ten No. 5) vs. Syracuse (ACC Nos. 5-7)

Have to see if that shakes out…

Oh, almost forgot:

Boca RatonDec. 20Marshall (ESPN) vs. Connecticut (ESPN)

Reaction Score

Oh, almost forgot:

I was using I think a different projection that had I think Pitt in the Pinstripe and Louisville in the Military and Syracuse in Fenway. But my main point was if Syracuse doesn’t want to go to Kenmore Square the ACC will try to trade off within the conference. Though I’m not sure the Bronx is that much better as a bowl location. Not getting much of a suntan there either

Reaction Score

Oh, almost forgot:

Thanks for info. My only question is how many people from New England are going to turn out in the cold to see Wake Forest or East Carolina play at a windy Fenway Park. Neither BC nor UMass qualify for bowl games this year, that leaves UConn, and the state's eager fans who are happy to drive to Boston.

Reaction Score
I was using I think a different projection that had I think Pitt in the Pinstripe and Louisville in the Military and Syracuse in Fenway. But my main point was if Syracuse doesn’t want to go to Kenmore Square the ACC will try to trade off within the conference. Though I’m not sure the Bronx is that much better as a bowl location. Not getting much of a suntan there either
I wasnt disagreeing… I think the swap scenarios are definitely in play within a conference pecking order.

Personally, I think since ESPN is pulling more strings than anyone in the non- CFP bowl world - their projections tend to hold more weight w/ me.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

The other thing this could potentially do is add UConn as a tie-in for Fenway for the future. Even if it were ACC vs AAC or UConn.

Should such a thing occur, Fenway pays $2M, Gasparilla pays $1.3M. The ACC would force Fenway to pick an ACC team for 2 and then swap us our spot in the Gasparilla in exchange for the difference.

Otherwise Fenway risks future ACC ties.

Reaction Score
Cuse played in Boston last week. Would make sense to go to nyc

Reaction Score
I hope we get a warm weather bowl. Gives the team a chance to have a fun week and a really positive bowl experience, which I think is potentially important in the portal era. In 2015, we had a couple of beach days, a trip to Busch Gardens, rented out Bubba Gump for a dinner, etc. I think Diaco even bought everyone ice cream at one of the beaches if I remember correctly. Not sure if New York or Boston in December provide the same experience.

Reaction Score
I never thought they were capable of bowling this year but the coaching difference was evident in the Utah State game.
Actually I think it was the first or second play from scrimmage. I said to myself, oooh, that is certainly different.

Reaction Score
I thought we would be improved, however, I didn't think we'd be bowling. I'd love them in the Gasparilla Bowl. (Okay, maybe because we could bike there from our house (RayJay is 7 miles from us).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom