Bowl Rumors | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bowl Rumors

Reaction Score

10. How do bowl game payouts work?​

Bowls pay conferences, and conferences divvy that up among member schools. Each game hands out six- or seven-figure payments. Short rule of thumb in most years, with some obvious exceptions: the closer to the title game it is, the more money it likely pays out.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day I doubt we have a choice. We will get an invite and we’ll accept. Maybe we do some horse trading but at the end of the day it isn’t a bidding war. And there are trade offs. To me having a solid UConn crowd is worth more this year than a few $. OTOH if we are talking $1.5 million vs $350,000 that is a very different equation.

Reaction Score
No matter where we go I believe we receive 300K for the NCAA's academic performance review (APR) for participation in a postseason bowl.

how do the bowl payouts work? When I see a payout of 1.2 million, is that per team or is it a split?
Generally per team although the money usually goes the the conference to divvy up. In our case obviously that doesn’t happen. It all goes to UConn with 1 exception. I believe in UConn’s case $15 is required to go to Meghan McPeak so she can purchase “College Football for Dummies” available from Amazon before next season.

Reaction Score
Orlando's good but we played Marshall in our last bowl appearance.
When I was a kid and complained when I got a green life saver from the roll, my mother said "beggars can't be choosers".
That's us right now. Whatever Bowl we get, wherever it may be, we need to embrace it, attend it, and win it. (Except on Dec 19th--lol)
Later, when I had the money to buy my own life savers I only bought the cherry ones. Stay positive and someday we may, too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When I was a kid and complained when I got a green life saver from the roll, my mother said "beggars can't be choosers".
That's us right now. Whatever Bowl we get, wherever it may be, we need to embrace it, attend it, and win it. (Except on Dec 19th--lol)
Later, when I had the money to buy my own life savers I only bought the cherry ones. Stay positive and someday we may, too.

We won't turn it down, but this is a prediction thread. We know we played Marshall, Marshall knows they played us and the bowl committees know we played. We may end up anywhere but I'm pretty certain we aren't playing Marshall.

Reaction Score
We won't turn it down, but this is a prediction thread. We know we played Marshall, Marshall knows they played us and the bowl committees know we played. We may end up anywhere but I'm pretty certain we aren't playing Marshall.
When did we play Marshall? I scrubbed that sorry effort from my brain. Red pants !??!?!??!**#

Reaction Score
When did we play Marshall? I scrubbed that sorry effort from my brain. Red pants !??!?!??!**#
Yes. We were in St Pete and watched us lose when Shirreffs hurt his hand. It was still lots of fun. It was the last time we all got to be with Warde Manuel, hanging at the bar.

Reaction Score
Hypothetically, UConn is originally placed in the Cure bowl or something but would prefer to be in the Pinstripe Bowl for example, obviously the payouts would be a major sticking point for the trade, so would it be possible to defer to the payment to the original team in order for UConn to better appease their fanbase (thereby also increasing revenue from ticket sales) or is that something completely off the reservation?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Cure Bowl fits my current situation so well it can't possibly come true.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Alabama bowls are closer and more convenient than Florida bowls for me. I can probably make Cyre or Gasparilla.
Boca is a toss up.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Go out and compete.
Hey remember when the season was a week away from starting and the vast majority of us said that we wanted the Huskies to be competitive and a bowl would be frosting on top. We got the competitive part if we get a Bowl that will be great if we win that will a pre season absolute fantasy come true. A Trifecta….

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure we will know all on Sunday night. I believe ESPN will reveal most during their bowl show that night.
Ah yes! That's why the Cure Bowl has 12/4 as the tent. announce date.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey remember when the season was a week away from starting and the vast majority of us said that we wanted the Huskies to be competitive and a bowl would be frosting on top. We got the competitive part if we get a Bowl that will be great if we win that will a pre season absolute fantasy come true. A Trifecta….
Kind of. I remember posters saying that four wins was unrealistic. It has been one hell of a run this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom