Bouknight gets the boot | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight gets the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It’s always interesting te see all the curmudgeons scurry out of their holes to post how we are all missing how something is just not ok

Prob should keep the salt intake low tonight fellas

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1645306274639.png

This was unintentially kind of funny.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I know you think I am a bozo. So please tell me why you think Bouks behaviors was OK.
What was Bouk's behavior? Was he drunk and swearing at the ref? iIf so I didn't know that!

Reaction Score
James. Come on now. You are a professional with huge upside. Don't be your own worst enemy. That's big picture.

Blending in with the students. Pure LEGEND.
Embarrassing for James, but luckily he turned it into something fun and I am not sure students will ever forget it.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Anyone know who the person was with Bouk with the sunglasses on all game. He talked to my son and said UConn Is awesome and he should go there, but I don't know who it was.

Reaction Score
Just got back from the game, sat a few rows behind Bouk. Ref absolutely made things a bigger deal than it had to be. Clearly had an axe to grind. I’m not going to go out on a tinfoil hat and say it’s left over from Bouks two seasons or a ripple effect of Hurley’s recent behavior but it was bizarre and quite frankly unprofessional behavior.

First incident in the first half, Suggs basically runs into Bouk and his boy. It appears words were exchanged, Bouk gets warned by the refs and school officials chat with him at half and that woman sits with him for the second half. Stuff like that happens with courtside fans every game, let’s be honest, but Bouk had a target with that ref.

Second incident was the ref being completely delusional and wanted to make a scene. You all saw the broadcast. Ref was pouting on the court. Even the university official was dumbfounded.

Yes, the second incident doesn’t happen without the first, but as someone who has been to hundreds of games, how often do you ever see fans ejected? I can’t really recall ever seeing it. I’m sure most of you could say the same thing.

Reaction Score
You guys keep talking about this run in with his coach. You mean the same coach who has had the same run in with 3 other players? Also, it really wasn’t that big a deal. They didn’t throw him out of the arena. The said he couldn’t sit on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
Life has rules. If the ref told him to leave the building, and he didn't, the ref had it in his power to walk off the court and give UConn a forfeit loss. That would have been hilarious, right?
Do we know Ref said to leave the building? I think he just wanted him out of courtside seat.

I honestly doubt the Ref cared he went to student section....it's all overblown.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
He probably deserved to be kicked by ref since he was constantly on the floor and was warned.....but the move to the Student Section was epic.

No harm no foul in the end and the students around him will have a great story to tell
Lucky it's not baseball and 3 strikes and you're out...had to have been warned and talked to more than that

Reaction Score
From behind the hoop by the uconn bench, I saw Bouk stand during play and lean over into the court multiple times. It looked as if he was taking selfies on more than 1 occasion with his extended arm over the out of bounds line. He was warned multiple times by the ref. I'm actually a bit surprised at the response on here. If you saw it on TV you might not have seen the multiple interactions he had with the refs. From my angle, he was closer to the court more than I have ever seen any fan in the first row. This wasn't a one and done, it was multiple times throughout the game.

Reaction Score
The refs warned him a number of times in the first half for going on the court of talking trash to Xavier players. They wanted him moved from the courtside seats and asked the woman from UConn to do that at one point in the first half.

Him getting the boot was coming. It wasn’t surprising and is a bad look for him.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Life has rules. If the ref told him to leave the building, and he didn't, the ref had it in his power to walk off the court and give UConn a forfeit loss. That would have been hilarious, right?
I could be wrong but I imagine prior to taking that drastic a measure, the ref would have notified Hurley that if they don't get Bouknight out of the building he would stop the game and UConn would forfeit.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I was at the game. It appeared in the first half that Bouknight got right up in an X players ear as he was waiting to inbound the ball. I was surprised it didn't happen at that point.

I'm gonna chalk it up to a 20 year old guy doing something mindless but it was not a good look.

Reaction Score
Do we know Ref said to leave the building? I think he just wanted him out of courtside seat.

I honestly doubt the Ref cared he went to student section....it's all overblown.
I certainly don't. And if the ref just said to leave courtside, then his going to the student section was fine, but hardly the act of defiant heroism that some posters here see.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
I imagine I'm not the only one here who has done soMe immature things at 21... and I'm not a millionaire who's had star treatment most of his life.

Reaction Score
Unless you're the hornets GM, interesting promise to make. I've evaluated employees for two decades. If at a firm party an employee kept ignoring demands from a bartender until he was told to leave, I guaranty you the people who make decisions would remember it.
If Bouk goes out and averages 20 ppg for Charlotte the gm will not be thinking about a VERY minor incident that happened at a college game in the middle of February. They just won’t. Marcus Smart swung on a fan in college, you think Boston cared about that when they extended his contract? Hell no. Why? Because he was producing. Bouk kept getting too close to the court, so they ref said he couldn’t sit courtside. He then asked security and school staff could he go into the student section. And they obliged. You’re over thinking this.

Reaction Score
The ref did not tell him to leave the building.
How do you know that?
I promise the hornets gm doesn’t care
Does the GM care 2 weeks after an incident with his head coach and 2 years after a suspension at UConn? Perhaps, especially if it looks like a pattern.

Bouk's not doing himself any favors with these incidents. You have to realize that.

Reaction Score
If Bouk goes out and averages 20 ppg for Charlotte the gm will not be thinking about a VERY minor incident that happened at a college game in the middle of February. They just won’t

Good God. I didn't say anything like that. I said it would be remembered and will effect people's judgment on Bouk's judgment. Did I say his career was thus over? Did I say that if he played like Michael Jordan his contract wouldn't be renewed?

But if he plays like Kevin Ollie, will things like this keep him from an 11 year NBA career? Damn right. GM's want the 14th and 15th players on the roster to be patient adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom