Boneyard census results | The Boneyard

Boneyard census results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Um yea yuck. I try to just stick to this board anyway. We're animals over here but we're predictable in that way at least.

Reaction Score
I love that literally one person from this forum who responded is a fan of another team (Providence no less).

Here, it's UConn and absolutely nobody else. Maybe that has something to do with this forum being the only with a (slight) majority of posters who actually attended

Reaction Score
My non-facetious takeaway is 74% of the people here have been a fan for 20+ years and almost 93% for at least 10. So we all need to stop getting into pi$$ing matches about other UConn fans not being "real fans". It is a very loyal, long-term committed group.

Reaction Score
Interesting distinctions between the men's and women's boards:

- Men's board tend to be much more well-rounded as fans: less than 14% of the men's board are only fans of the men, whereas on the women's board nearly 50% only follow the women; nearly 70% of the men's board are fans of UConn as a whole, vs. only 20% of the women's board

- Men's board are also much more likely to be UConn alums - 55%, vs. 20% for the women's board

- Perhaps relatedly, the men's board are also much more likely to have Connecticut ties -- more than 6 out of 7 are natives or residents; that's true for less than 2 out of 3 for the women's board

- Gender and age breakdowns are as you would expect, though the women's board is still almost 80% male

My interpretation is that the men's board has Connecticut/UConn in their veins and follow sports generally in a more traditional way, while the women's board tends to be attracted predominantly to that one team but otherwise don't identify as strongly with the rest of the teams/university/state.

Reaction Score
My non-facetious takeaway is 74% of the people here have been a fan for 20+ years and almost 93% for at least 10. So we all need to stop getting into pi$$ing matches about other UConn fans not being "real fans". It is a very loyal, long-term committed group.

That's a great point. We all don't agree and it gets testy here at times but in the end, we are all just UConn lunatics through and through.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Interesting distinctions between the men's and women's boards:

- Men's board tend to be much more well-rounded as fans: less than 14% of the men's board are only fans of the men, whereas on the women's board nearly 50% only follow the women; nearly 70% of the men's board are fans of UConn as a whole, vs. only 20% of the women's board

- Men's board are also much more likely to be UConn alums - 55%, vs. 20% for the women's board

- Perhaps relatedly, the men's board are also much more likely to have Connecticut ties -- more than 6 out of 7 are natives or residents; that's true for less than 2 out of 3 for the women's board

- Gender and age breakdowns are as you would expect, though the women's board is still almost 80% male

My interpretation is that the men's board has Connecticut/UConn in their veins and follow sports generally in a more traditional way, while the women's board tends to be attracted predominantly to that one team but otherwise don't identify as strongly with the rest of the teams/university/state.
Well, cause and effect. If someone isn't from Connecticut and doesn't live here, why would they root for all of the University's teams?

Many of the women's board posters are former coaches, have daughters that play some kind of sport, or have some kind of link to a current or former recruit/player or their high school or AAU team.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised that only 6.5% of Boneyarders are under the age of 22. I would've thought that more students would be on here.

I see the use of the Boneyard as a virtual gathering of alumni and fans that are scattered in various geographical locations, while current students don't necessarily need to use it as frequently due to them naturally being part of the UConn community.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks for putting that together, Nan. It is interesting.

The absolutely stunning take away is that MBB has fewer fans of other teams on it. I mean we are so kind and welcoming to our guests....

There's probably more guests on Conference Realignment Board than on any other.

Reaction Score
There is far more to fandom than raw years ifentifying as such.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Thanks for putting that together, Nan. It is interesting.

The absolutely stunning take away is that MBB has fewer fans of other teams on it. I mean we are so kind and welcoming to our guests....

There's probably more guests on Conference Realignment Board than on any other.

The universe of other WBB forums that have any regular activity is pretty small. Whereas there are a lot more MBB and FB boards. Their is a healthy number of other teams fans on the BB/FB and CR boards. The CR board in particular has a vast following.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I knew that seanmc guy was still hanging around in a corner somewhere.

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised that only 6.5% of Boneyarders are under the age of 22. I would've thought that more students would be on here.

I didn't even find this place until I was 23. I didn't realize how outnumbered my age group was, though. I thought there would be a lot more people under 30 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom