Boneyard census results | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boneyard census results

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I didn't even find this place until I was 23. I didn't realize how outnumbered my age group was, though. I thought there would be a lot more people under 30 here.

They use the app :rolleyes:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised that only 6.5% of Boneyarders are under the age of 22. I would've thought that more students would be on here.
You have to understand it was a request to respond to a poll. It doesn't mean that 6.5% of Boneyarders are under 22. It means that 6.5% of people who bothered to respond are under 22. While I would guess most of the mens board are over 23, I would also guess that a lot of young Boneyarders had better things to do than respond to a poll.

At least I hope they did.

Those 6.5% might be playing Dungeons and Dragons with actual dice and graph paper in a dorm room right now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Those 6.5% might be playing Dungeons and Dragons with actual dice and graph paper in a dorm room right now.

They play video games nowadays jleves. Just so you know.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I have been posting here since age 15, have no ties to the state, and did not attend the University. Something is seriously wrong with me.

How did you become a fan? Just hated Duke so much that '99 made you into a devotee?

Reaction Score
How did you become a fan? Just hated Duke so much that '99 made you into a devotee?

Really just a combination of a bunch of random things and inclinations. '99 was definitely the launching point, but mainly because my parents let me out of bed to watch the end. '03 I was devastated - just because I was an extremely emotional kid who had decided that this was the most important thing in the world - and then obviously '04 cemented my love for the program (Duke hatred played a big role in this).

Honestly not sure I'd be a UConn fan today though if it wasn't for Jeff Adrien. My fandom wavered big time during those '05/'06 years for reasons that remain unclear (I'm the same person who abruptly stopped rooting for the Patriots after the second super bowl win, so I was a loose cannon), but having seen Jeff Adrien play a couple times at Brookline high I became a huge fan and followed him throughout his college career. Been die-hard ever since '07/'08, even broke some s___ to prove my mettle after the loss to San Diego.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Really just a combination of a bunch of random things and inclinations. '99 was definitely the launching point, but mainly because my parents let me out of bed to watch the end. '03 I was devastated - just because I was an extremely emotional kid who had decided that this was the most important thing in the world - and then obviously '04 cemented my love for the program (Duke hatred played a big role in this).

Honestly not sure I'd be a UConn fan today though if it wasn't for Jeff Adrien. My fandom wavered big time during those '05/'06 years for reasons that remain unclear (I'm the same person who abruptly stopped rooting for the Patriots after the second super bowl win, so I was a loose cannon), but having seen Jeff Adrien play a couple times at Brookline high I became a huge fan and followed him throughout his college career. Been die-hard ever since '07/'08, even broke some s___ to prove my mettle after the loss to San Diego.

Good stuff. Except about the Pats.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
They play video games nowadays jleves. Just so you know.

The dice and paper version is still very much alive... My daughter (god help her) plays with friends at lunch in high school. I hope that it has the same effect on her social life that it did on mine. If so, she wont date until she's in her mid twenties. ;-)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kids also play Cards Against Humanity. When my sons have their friends over, I'm forbidden to enter the room when they play mostly because I told them that I don't care if they swear, just don't do it around me.

Reaction Score
I was hoping that there would be a question on how many UMass grads are UConn fans. Just taking a wild guess, I'm probably in the minority. :) I rarely mention that I'm a UMass grad, since it seems to garner the ire of many Boneyarders. The Minutemen sucked when I was in college, so I was never a UMass hoops fan, and when they were good, the Squid was their coach who I was never a big fan of. By then I was living in Connecticut and already a big UConn fan.
I guess its not surprising that 44% of the Boneyarders (men) did not attend UConn - majority of those were/are native CT residents - like myself.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The dice and paper version is still very much alive... My daughter (god help her) plays with friends at lunch in high school. I hope that it has the same effect on her social life that it did on mine. If so, she wont date until she's in her mid twenties. ;-)

LOL. That last bit was amusing. I know it's still around; it's like a cult you can't kill off. I just had to make fun of jleves for being over the hill.

On a side note, just the other day I unearthed my old Monster Manual II circa 1987 or so. Too funny.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kids also play Cards Against Humanity. When my sons have their friends over, I'm forbidden to enter the room when they play mostly because I told them that I don't care if they swear, just don't do it around me.
Profanity Humanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc