Boise St. new uni's | The Boneyard

Boise St. new uni's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just a change of pace/topic to the BY as the last few weeks have been pretty depressing around here. Check these out SICK new uni's that Boise is going to be wearing. I know this has been discussed before but we need a 3rd alternate jersey. Unless you're Alabama and a few others this stuff matters to recruits now a days and if you disagree then you're just lying to yourself. I would love for us to have a look similar to this. Completely redo the husky logo and have a mean looking husky on the helmet. At the very least give me a all black uniform with a flat black helmet and blue text.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...est-black-helmet-photos-162103743--ncaaf.html

Reaction Score
I think the husky logo will become a secondary logo and the block C will become the primary logo. Just how college sports marketing seems to be these days.

Now we have Rutgers AND Boise State doing blackouts. I don't know if that's good or bad. I do know those newer Oregon game jerseys are very desirable to collectors. Boise State gamers seems to have some demand too. UConn gamers, not too much. Saw a DJ Hernandez gamer go for $65.

Reaction Score
If we must have a 3rd jersey, go with a red one for nostalgic purposes, as red was an unofficial accent color until the move to the Rent, when FHCRE banned it. He changed the color scheme to Blue, White, silver-gray.

Reaction Score
NO.BLACK.UNIFORMS. EVER!

I agree! I think a whiteout would suit the team better since our Mascot is a husky and he's all white!

Are we the only BCS school with the basketball team and football team's logo are different? Cause the basketball teams logo is the husky with the red tongue, and the jersey colors are blue, white, grey and red.... Then the football team has a blocked C logo and the colors are plain blue and white! I say if we go with the husky logo like the basketball team we have more colors to play with when it comes to jersey's I think.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree! I think a whiteout would suit the team better since our Mascot is a husky and he's all white!

Are we the only BCS school with the basketball team and football team's logo are different? Cause the basketball teams logo is the husky with the red tongue, and the jersey colors are blue, white, grey and red.... Then the football team has a blocked C logo and the colors are plain blue and white! I say if we go with the husky logo like the basketball team we have more colors to play with when it comes to jersey's I think.

Actually we have three different logos anf thevHusky Dog isn't one of them. Jonathan is like the overarching logo but when you look at each team, football, men's bball, and women's bball, they're all different.

We really need a third jersey but please no Matte Grey. It looks awful on WVU and Ok St.

Reaction Score
I can't stand black uniforms, I thought that fad went away after the 90's. The NHL was plagued with teams fleeing from their real colors to adopt a boring black color scheme but at least most of them returned. Whats next, everyone sporting turquoise uni's again?

Reaction Score
Actually we have three different logos anf thevHusky Dog isn't one of them. Jonathan is like the overarching logo but when you look at each team, football, men's bball, and women's bball, they're all different.

We really need a third jersey but please no Matte Grey. It looks awful on WVU and Ok St.

But are we the only program in the BCS level with all three teams having different logo's?

We should update the husky logo and stick with that! And the colors should be Blue, white, grey, and red...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i could go on for days about how stupid our logos/brand set up is for sports. its just a joke in this day of college sports. we could be so much more, locl ppl in a room with subway for lunch and a couple pitchers of water as needed and figure that out. its not hard, i could come up with a great setup in a day that i think 75% here would like. uconn is way behind and it still shows no signs of catching up.

Reaction Score
The grey unis remind me of prison guards, I don't know why teams go grey.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The grey unis remind me of prison guards, I don't know why teams go grey.
Because it looks cool (to me and I guess prison guards and cops).

Look, these things are subjective, someone will always hate this or that... The fact that we are talking about it means the marketing is working.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Susan Herbst mentioned wanting to consolidate the various UConn logos, etc. She sees UConn as an International brand. Brands are very valuable and "companies" spend tons of money to cretae and protect them.
Ps--I'm solidly with coachcap. No black Unis.

Reaction Score
No black unis as Uconn has school colors that are to be respected.
The bottom line is to put a good product on the field and nobody will care what color the uniform is. That or if the names are on the back etc. It is all make up for teams not selling tickets.

Boise played the uni as the same color as their field game, and in my opinion looked stupid doing so. It was and is the worst watch on tv. Win games and they will tune in regardless of the uniform!

I would rather see more energy spent on the product rather than the label........

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
NO.BLACK.UNIFORMS. EVER!

I agree. I like Rutgers using the metallic helmets, but I don't ever want to see UConn in black uniforms.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
for staters we need to drop every logo and go to either a block c or a ole english c. either look like bama or florida. i dont care which. then we need to drop the dog and go paw print(husky dog paw print so different than clemson) or agressive dog(florida gator/bosie bronco etc...). one of those 2. then we need a thrid special logo. u go throw back, take the U and red white and blue it. just like miami U. that can be the special logo that pops up every once in a while. now rock the out of those main 2 logos for all sports all the time. write out connecticut on all uniforms and alternates can have huskies on them or something. pants have the 2nd logo between lines like florida fball pants for example. chesus i can go on about this for days.

Reaction Score
But are we the only program in the BCS level with all three teams having different logo's?

We should update the husky logo and stick with that! And the colors should be Blue, white, grey, and red...
Leave the grey out and I'm sold. National flag blue, national flag red, and national flag white.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I want to see Boise St go with a black field AND black unis. Now that would be cool...

Reaction Score
How about something simple for starters. White Helmets with a blue block C for an alternative helmet. Florida did this a few years ago, instead of Orange helmet with blue & white stripes and the "Gator" logo. They went to white helmet, blue and orange stripes (I think) and the letter "F" for the logo. Nice change up.

Reaction Score
As hideous as Rutgers' new duds look, when we played them the announcers commented how much the RU players and potential recruits liked them. Not a big fan of the whole alternate uni craze (especially the whole black ninja look that Boise and other teams are doing when it's not even their school colors), but maybe there's some merit to it in attracting recruits.

A 3rd uni wouldn't be bad - something sleek, mainly blue or white, and throw in some of the trim colors the basketball unis have (red & gray). Even incorporate the Husky dog in there somewhere.

Reaction Score
Who give a crap what the team wears if they can win ball games.

The kids care. Specifically, those kids (the blue chip high school recruits) who are needed on the field if UConn is going to "win ball games". This ain't your grandfather's era or maybe your great grandfather. It's a new era in college sports - size (of stadium) matters, television appearances matter, the bell and whistles matter. Uniform ensembles matter.

Reaction Score
You would really propose getting rid of the interlocking UC for the mens hoops team and replacing with a football or baseball style "C"?? The on this board gets more and more ridiculous every week.

Reaction Score
I think the husky logo will become a secondary logo and the block C will become the primary logo. Just how college sports marketing seems to be these days.

Now we have Rutgers AND Boise State doing blackouts. I don't know if that's good or bad. I do know those newer Oregon game jerseys are very desirable to collectors. Boise State gamers seems to have some demand too. UConn gamers, not too much. Saw a DJ Hernandez gamer go for $65.

did you notice these when you were busy hawking your 1926 uconn football "FOB"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom