Boise St. new uni's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boise St. new uni's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The kids care. Specifically, those kids (the blue chip high school recruits) who are needed on the field if UConn is going to "win ball games". This ain't your grandfather's era or maybe your great grandfather. It's a new era in college sports - size (of stadium) matters, television appearances matter, the bell and whistles matter. Uniform ensembles matter.
Doesn't stop them from going to Alabama, Penn State, Texas, LSU, etc. I realize even ND has buckled, but I thought it was a huge mistake. They were hideous.

Reaction Score
Doesn't stop them from going to Alabama, Penn State, Texas, LSU, etc. I realize even ND has buckled, but I thought it was a huge mistake. They were hideous.

Alabama has used alternative white helmets occasionally over the years. Ditto for LSU. Texas hasn't. And you want UConn staying the course because Penn State does? And. . . . . . are you putting UConn is the "Big Five" with Bama, Texas, Penn State & LSU? Based on recruiting differences, UConn would need to go to alternative practice uniforms (5 per week).

Reaction Score
this is one of those fads that will pass in a year or so. It seems like a big deal when 1 team does it. When eveerybody does it, it is just another fad. Most important thing is to win games. Then you can look at the other stuff. But those recent Notre dame uniforms were almost painfully ugly. And the Rutgers ones to me looked cheap. Look, I'd make the Husky the main symbol. Put it at the 50 yeard line just like it is at mid-court and center ice. I'd keep the current uniform colors, though I don't care for that piping. I'd prefer blue and white shoulder stripes(sort of like Jax logo bur with a blue stripe, and clean up the numbers, maybe add a bit of red accent somewhere, but only a bit. remember UConn's official colors are national flag blue and white. No red. You need an alternate, go old school and use blue with a white block on the shoulders or white with blue. No black, please. it is so trite...

Reaction Score
I'd be really happy if they just did away with the piping on the jerseys. It reminds me of the damn Buffalo Sabres and their newer piping, I freaking hate it.

Reaction Score
You would really propose getting rid of the interlocking UC for the mens hoops team and replacing with a football or baseball style "C"?? The on this board gets more and more ridiculous every week.

No, but I think it is ridiculous that we created a completely different logo for football in the early 2000's when we should have known better as a university. I think the only solution is to Take the mens basketball logo, our most identifiable logo, and translate that to all sports. Either that, or create a whole new standard logo than is applied across all sports.

I live in NJ, no one knows what the hell I am wearing when I have a block C shirt on at the gym. When I have an interlocking UC shirt on, they know. I know people here are very attached to the block C, but it hasn't caught on as much as you think. We have to do something though, the current set up is very small time, and confusing.

Reaction Score
Having cool unifrms is one of the things that is attractive to recruits.I know its a trivial thing but to 16 and 17 year olds, it can make a difference between schools that they are considering. Coach Flood @ RU said that very thing on SNY. Its considered "COOL" to have a multiple and more modern looks.

I know that I am probably in the minority but I dont like our uniforms, they are plain old boring. But I know the most important thing is talent and the play on the field.

Still newer, more modern uniforms would be nice. BTW, I LOVE the who combat themed uniforms that Oregon, WV etc have. Also I love the new Maryland an RU looks. Boise's new unis look GREAT as well.

Reaction Score
No, but I think it is ridiculous that we created a completely different logo for football in the early 2000's when we should have known better as a university. I think the only solution is to Take the mens basketball logo, our most identifiable logo, and translate that to all sports. Either that, or create a whole new standard logo than is applied across all sports.

I live in NJ, no one knows what the hell I am wearing when I have a block C shirt on at the gym. When I have an interlocking UC shirt on, they know. I know people here are very attached to the block C, but it hasn't caught on as much as you think. We have to do something though, the current set up is very small time, and confusing.

Not purporting that the block C is wildly popular... but then again neither is the football program. All i'm saying is that i think its foolish to eliminate the the most well known logos (husky or the UC) and replace it with the basketball or football logo.

Reaction Score
Just a change of pace/topic to the BY as the last few weeks have been pretty depressing around here. Check these out SICK new uni's that Boise is going to be wearing. I know this has been discussed before but we need a 3rd alternate jersey. Unless you're Alabama and a few others this stuff matters to recruits now a days and if you disagree then you're just lying to yourself. I would love for us to have a look similar to this. Completely redo the husky logo and have a mean looking husky on the helmet. At the very least give me a all black uniform with a flat black helmet and blue text.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...est-black-helmet-photos-162103743--ncaaf.html

Ya know, you guys better stop posting this kind of retro stuff... Some guys like to keep it traditional... they don't believe in trends... be careful what you post here... lunchpale guys only....
(total sarcasm)

Reaction Score
How about something simple for starters. White Helmets with a blue block C for an alternative helmet. Florida did this a few years ago, instead of Orange helmet with blue & white stripes and the "Gator" logo. They went to white helmet, blue and orange stripes (I think) and the letter "F" for the logo. Nice change up.

They changed there uniform that year when they used that white helmet!

Reaction Score
As hideous as Rutgers' new duds look, when we played them the announcers commented how much the RU players and potential recruits liked them. Not a big fan of the whole alternate uni craze (especially the whole black ninja look that Boise and other teams are doing when it's not even their school colors), but maybe there's some merit to it in attracting recruits.

A 3rd uni wouldn't be bad - something sleek, mainly blue or white, and throw in some of the trim colors the basketball unis have (red & gray). Even incorporate the Husky dog in there somewhere.

I believe it plays a part in recruiting... People cannot say it doesn't when fashion is big for these young kids in High school!

Reaction Score

They were hideous in your opinion and just to show that not everyone thinks like you I think the ND uni's against Miami were nice! And Uni's play a part whether you think it's dumb or not... it is 2012 things have changed, style on the field matters!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
NO.BLACK.UNIFORMS. EVER!

Yes. Thank God. I am so sick of these teams (in several sports) trying to pander to the gangbanger crowd to sell merchandise. If that the image we want? Classy teams and programs don't need this.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Could we augment the Block C with a paw print? I know Clemson has theirs, but ours is a little different. I think we need to play up the "Husky" angle, without the cartoon Jonathan.

Reaction Score
Could we augment the Block C with a paw print? I know Clemson has theirs, but ours is a little different. I think we need to play up the "Husky" angle, without the cartoon Jonathan.

I agree, either a paw print or something along the lines of what U of Wash did below, with a block C and an updated husky, to use across all sports.

WashingtonHuskies2.jpg

Reaction Score
I'd be really happy if they just did away with the piping on the jerseys. It reminds me of the damn Buffalo Sabres and their newer piping, I freaking hate it.

Agreed. The piping on the jerseys is terrible.

Reaction Score

That would be like the Cincinnati logo... I think we should update the husky logo in all sports and use the blue, red, and white colors even a little grey maybe!

Reaction Score
Yes. Thank God. I am so sick of these teams (in several sports) trying to pander to the gangbanger crowd to sell merchandise. If that the image we want? Classy teams and programs don't need this.

Not saying black is the way to go. Not into gangbangers myself. But . . . . right now UConn's image is, well . . . . . boring. Old past prime coach. 1960s offense. Tiny stadium. Dysfunctional conference. TV consists of ESPN3 and SNY exclusively. . . Is that the image we want?

Reaction Score
All whites still seem the way to go for UCONN. Black doesn't work, but white definitely goes with the blue.

Reaction Score
I had an image in my head of all white with blue trim and white helmets with a blue paw print claws straight up on the sides.

Looked classy in my head.

Get out of my head.

Reaction Score
All whites still seem the way to go for UCONN. Black doesn't work, but white definitely goes with the blue.

Or. . . . .All Blue would seem the way to go for UCONN. Black might not work, but Blue definitely goes with the white trim.​

Reaction Score
Don't you already have all blue?

White pops out on a TV screen. You want someone flipping stations to immediately take notice of your team and to keep watching. All whites would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom