Boise, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Navy and UCF | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boise, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Navy and UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You all seem drunk. The school is an academic institution. It only plays BSC football as a form or advertising. It costs so much to field a team and travel, that football is barely profitable.

So if is effective ad we get is, come to UConn, we're like Boise St., Memphis and whatever other cruddy school you can think of, it defeats the whole purpose. We're like UVA, that's a message we want to send.

If the Ivy league invited UConn tomorrow, but we had to go back down, we accept and drop BCS football instantly. That should tell you what this is really about.

Reaction Score
I am sure Vanderbilt is whining about being in the SEC.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
C'monnnn Susan, you know you want to move us to the ACC, especially right now.

Reaction Score
How many of you are UConn alumni? Just a question out of curiosity.
I am, and I make annual donations to my alma mater. If I ever heard that Herbst turned down an invitation to either the ACC or the B!G to stay in this suggested new BE I would lead the "Occupy Herbst" campaign. Fortunately, I am confident Herbst would say yes immediately, if that call ever comes.

In the interim, I like adding these teams if it allows us to fight another day, and position ourselves for the next round of expansion. It's not ideal, but as long as it keeps us relevant. And don't get it twisted, if a Boise, SMU, and/or Houston do join the BE, it would be about them positioning themselves for a potential B12 or P12 invite in 3-5 years, and I'm fine with that too.

Reaction Score
So piss drunk people who have nothing to do with a school academically like to hop on an athletic bandwagon a school creates? I rest my case. Thank you.
Another non-sequitur that doesn't prove anything but your inability to make a coherent argument.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I graduated from UConn. You can tell, because, unlike your arguments, I am using intelligence.

Reaction Score
A major national conference located in URBAN areas would have more appeal to recruits than solely major regional conferences. Please continue.

Reaction Score
A major national conference located in URBAN areas would have more appeal to recruits than solely major regional conferences. Please continue.
Then Uconn is screwed because Storrs isn't exactly urban. Neither is Madison, Happy Valley, College Station, Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, South Bend, Norman, Lincoln, Knoxville....

Boston College is thriving because of that urban location, they have no problem competing with the professional sports (that happen to be located in most urban areas).

Right.

Reaction Score
Then Uconn is screwed because Storrs isn't exactly urban. Neither is Madison, Happy Valley, College Station, Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, South Bend, Norman, Lincoln, Knoxville....

Boston College is thriving because of that urban location, they have no problem competing with the professional sports (that happen to be located in most urban areas).

Right.
Florida and Texas are football hotbeds. I'm sorry if you didn't know that.

Reaction Score
Winning. Money helps schools create teams that win...

Ever hear of the University of Oregon?
Why haven't UConn men's and women's basketball games and season tickets been selling out?

So all Houston and SMU have to do is win. It doesn't matter what UT-Austin, Baylor, A&M, TCU, & Oklahoma do?

Reaction Score
How many of you are UConn alumni? Just a question out of curiosity.

Yep

and give donations as well, how else could I get those media guides :p

Reaction Score
Florida only became successful in the 90s. Nebraska didn't win a title until the 70s. Penn State until the 80s. Bear Bryant made Alabama, just like Calhoun made UConn. I don't get why you people are so thick skulled about this. Did Wisconsin even win a national title?

Reaction Score
Florida and Texas are football hotbeds. I'm sorry if you didn't know that.
Why quote a post if your response has absolutely nothing to do with the post?

Reaction Score
Why haven't UConn men's and women's basketball games and season tickets been selling out?

So all Houston and SMU have to do is win. It doesn't matter what UT-Austin, Baylor, A&M, TCU, & Oklahoma do?
SMU has more titles than all of those schools but one. Geez.

Reaction Score
Florida only became successful in the 90s. Nebraska didn't win a title until the 70s. Penn State until the 80s. Bear Bryant made Alabama, just like Calhoun made UConn. I don't get why you people are so thick skulled about this. Did Wisconsin even win a national title?
You're a lot of fun today.

So those programs have huge fanbases because they won a lot of games. But it took them a long time to become succesful. But Houston and SMU are going to join and it won't take them any time at all to surpass programs like that. And that's why the Big East will get a better payday than the ACC.

LMAO. part of me still isn't convinced you aren't pulling our legs.

Reaction Score
Uh, because high school football in Texas gets bigger audiences than BC?
But BC is urban. You made that argument not me.

High school football in Texas gets bigger audiences than SMU and Houston.

Reaction Score
You're a lot of fun today.

So those programs have huge fanbases because they won a lot of games. But it took them a long time to become succesful. But Houston and SMU are going to join and it won't take them any time at all to surpass programs like that. And that's why the Big East will get a better payday than the ACC.

LMAO. part of me still isn't convinced you aren't pulling our legs.
The Big East would get better because of the TV sets in the markets. Whether we like it or not. Why do you think the Big East has been hellbent on market sizes? To pat you on the head?

Reaction Score
SMU has more titles than all of those schools but one. Geez.
Then why don't they get the attendance that those schools do, considering all the winning they did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom