Bodyguard for Paige | The Boneyard

Bodyguard for Paige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
With the great news of the return of Paige, we all know that her PT will be limited until she gets in game shape, as well as how she herself feels after playing. In the last few games, Caroline has been smacked in the face twice, Liv has been smacked in the face, and Dorka has received the same treatment. We play by the rules, we are not dirty, and we never aggressively go after another player. Now that Paige is back, and we don't know how back she really is, we cannot afford to have somebodys goon display the same treatment towards her. I'm certainly not looking to start anything, but I would think that if any player does something to her, that one of our bigger players (or Nika) would at least get in that players face and let them know that we will not tolerate any bad treatment to Paige, or anyone else for that matter. Teams are trying to push us around by their aggressive play, and now that we are able to potentially play our best basketball of the year, we will not take it anymore. So, I think that they should have a strategy if that happens, just to warn them that we will not take it.

Reaction Score
With the great news of the return of Paige, we all know that her PT will be limited until she gets in game shape, as well as how she herself feels after playing. In the last few games, Caroline has been smacked in the face twice, Liv has been smacked in the face, and Dorka has received the same treatment. We play by the rules, we are not dirty, and we never aggressively go after another player. Now that Paige is back, and we don't know how back she really is, we cannot afford to have somebodys goon display the same treatment towards her. I'm certainly not looking to start anything, but I would think that if any player does something to her, that one of our bigger players (or Nika) would at least get in that players face and let them know that we will not tolerate any bad treatment to Paige, or anyone else for that matter. Teams are trying to push us around by their aggressive play, and now that we are able to potentially play our best basketball of the year, we will not take it anymore. So, I think that they should have a strategy if that happens, just to warn them that we will not take it.
Where is Stacey Hansmeyer when we need her?

Reaction Score
I would think Aaliyah would present an imposing (Hulk-like) figure to most opponents. :)
hulk smash GIF

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I'm not signing on to this sort of message. More than one or two "tough" messages have appeared lately, charging other teams/players with deliberate and dangerous violence. I've noticed some physical play on occasion, but rarely has it spilled over into intentional mugging. Example: Dorka's bloody lip did not look like the result of an intentional attack to me, even after I looked at numerous slo-mo reviews of the play. I think it's a mistake to plan for retaliation beforehand. If it's a real problem, let Geno handle it, not recommendations from a bunch of riled up fans.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I'm not signing on to this sort of message. More than one or two "tough" messages have appeared lately, charging other teams/players with deliberate and dangerous violence. I've noticed some physical play on occasion, but rarely has it spilled over into intentional mugging. Example: Dorka's bloody lip did not look like the result of an intentional attack to me, even after I looked at numerous slo-mo reviews of the play. I think it's a mistake to plan for retaliation beforehand. If it's a real problem, let Geno handle it, not recommendations from a bunch of riled up fans.

Spot on

Reaction Score
Sorry, IMO, this is utter nonsense on so many levels. I have not seen any evidence of “goon“ tactics in any way shape or form by any Uconn opponent never mind your inference that it was ok to be tolerated for “lesser” players up to now but worthy of a decided reaction if it happens to Bueckers is just wrong.

Reaction Score

Do you think that there was no foul on that play? Flagrant fouls don't have to be intentional. The other night Clark drove the right lane and while using her left hand for balance she inadvertantly hit a player behind her in the head. It was determined to be a flagrant foul. UConn fans remember Mabrey the Elder, who karate-chopped Gabby in the throat and put an arm into KLS's face. She still uses that move in the W. Of course those weren't even called fouls, never mind flagrant.

Refs have a tendency in games where UConn has a huge edge to call with two standards. UConn got called for several travels the other night and illegal screens. I watched Marquette and they travelled and they moved on screens without whistles. Watch a SCar game and find one screen by Boston where she DOESN'T move her feet. Yet never a call.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Has Tonya Harding been spotted?

Reaction Score
Sorry, IMO, this is utter nonsense on so many levels. I have not seen any evidence of “goon“ tactics in any way shape or form by any Uconn opponent never mind your inference that it was ok to be tolerated for “lesser” players up to now but worthy of a decided reaction if it happens to Bueckers is just wrong.

I agree in general but I think you need to review the play in last seasons game against Arizona, specifically the play where Bueckers, standing in the paint on defense had a Ariz. player run at her, shove her back 3 feet onto her ass with both arms and then turned, took a pass and scored an easy layup. Tell me that 3 of the best refs in the country all missed that.

sun

Reaction Score
Evina was smacked in the forehead during the Villanova loss and the refs called a T.

Reaction Score
I agree in general but I think you need to review the play in last seasons game against Arizona, specifically the play where Bueckers, standing in the paint on defense had a Ariz. player run at her, shove her back 3 feet onto her ass with both arms and then turned, took a pass and scored an easy layup. Tell me that 3 of the best refs in the country all missed that.
Compared to who? Anyway, what you describe was not a "Point of Emphasis" so they didn't think they were supposed to call it. But your point is spot on.

Reaction Score
Compared to who? Anyway, what you describe was not a "Point of Emphasis" so they didn't think they were supposed to call it. But your point is spot on.

it's not a comparison. Just as teams advance by winning, the NCAA advances refs through the tournament according to the jobs they do. Just like the Super Bowl officials.

Are they the best? Or are they just less bad? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Where is Stacey Hansmeyer when we need her?
You are forgetting the greatest "enforcer ever at Uconn" Shea Ralph. A Norfolk Team came to town and their PG gave Ralph a forearm to the throat and immediately got a shot to the tummy. The forearm was seen the Ralph shot wasn't. Exit forearm thrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom