Bob Diaco Post-Game Press Conference - UCF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco Post-Game Press Conference - UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diaco's biggest problem has been offense. He replaced his original OC after year 1 and hired a very experienced coach with no experience as an OC who is now in year 2. His offense is pretty vanilla and he hasn't attracted top QB recruits to come to UConn.

UConn doesn't pay top dollar for assistants, but I would have thought Diaco could have found an innovative OC from the FCS or low level FBS. Instead he hired Verducci. The two key roles of the OC are to design an effective offensive system and then recruit a QB to run it.

All true but you left out the word 'crony' in sentence No. 2.

Reaction Score
Only thing worse than an angry fan base is an apathetic one
you look around that stadium, and that is exactly what you see. I didn't make it today cause I had to help my brother register a car I sold him and the dmv was giving him a,hard time. once upon a time , I would Have told him another day bro. today it felt like a good excuse to not sit in cold rain for 3 hours.

Reaction Score
Diaco's biggest problem has been offense. He replaced his original OC after year 1 and hired a very experienced coach with no experience as an OC who is now in year 2. His offense is pretty vanilla and he hasn't attracted top QB recruits to come to UConn.

UConn doesn't pay top dollar for assistants, but I would have thought Diaco could have found an innovative OC from the FCS or low level FBS. Instead he hired Verducci. The two key roles of the OC are to design an effective offensive system and then recruit a QB to run it.
Fire Diaco and his staff now and offer the job to Joe Harasymiak.

Reaction Score
This is about the 1,000th time this year he talks about things as if he has absolutely zero to do with them.

He said all the things we need to do better and that he takes full responsibility. Not saying that should make anyone feel any better, all that matters is the games, but I don't see how he said anything wrong here.

Reaction Score
72608598.jpg

Reaction Score
He said all the things we need to do better and that he takes full responsibility. Not saying that should make anyone feel any better, all that matters is the games, but I don't see how he said anything wrong here.
You sorta nailed it. he excels at saying the right things. Then the games start and it's Wtf time.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
you look around that stadium, and that is exactly what you see. I didn't make it today cause I had to help my brother register a car I sold him and the dmv was giving him a,hard time. once upon a time , I would Have told him another day bro. today it felt like a good excuse to not sit in cold rain for 3 hours.
Where DMV is a better use of time than watching a football game - This Is UConn Country.

Reaction Score
Where DMV is a better use of time than watching a football game - This Is UConn Country.
I know man, I should be there supporting the team. We're just so boring, and the results have become so predictable. Worse yet, I can't find anyone to take the tickets and parking pass FOR FREE. I see on the ticker middle Tennessee leads Missouri 48-45, in the 4tj quarter . Why can't we have nice things like that?

Reaction Score
I know man, I should be there supporting the team. We're just so boring, and the results have become so predictable. Worse yet, I can't find anyone to take the tickets and parking pass FOR FREE. I see on the ticker middle Tennessee leads Missouri 48-45, in the 4tj quarter . Why can't we have nice things like that?

Except the stands are half full and it's homecoming for Missouri.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Don't blame you one bit Noey. They can't keep on doing what they are doing while expecting different results in the stands. Something something definition of insanity.

Reaction Score
When he got hired, he was given the highest pool of assistant money in the league. I'm sure that's been eclipsed by still, he should have gotten something better than he has on offense. the

Todd Orlando, DC at Houston, makes almost as much as UConn's OC and DC combined. UConn's assistants are paid about middle of the road in the AAC.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You sorta nailed it. he excels at saying the right things. Then the games start and it's what time.

I mentioned earlier he can't coach at game speed.

Dare I say he's got 1-AA speed? Looks good on film and on 7 on 7 drills but can't think at BCS speed?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Don't blame you one bit Noey. They can't keep on doing what they are doing while expecting different results in the stands. Something something definition of insanity.

I've got two friends coming into town that had agreed to go to the Tulane game with me. I had better triple-check to see if they still want to hang out with the other 20 fans in the stadium to cheer on an inevitable loss to a crappy team in the cold.

I used to be such a positive person...:oops:

Reaction Score
Todd Orlando, DC at Houston, makes almost as much as UConn's OC and DC combined. UConn's assistants are paid about middle of the road in the AAC.
I get this, they've been eclipsed, but I'm sure when Diaco came on board they were at the top of the league in assistant pool money. Everyone is trying to get better, mediocrity is recipe for empty stands.

Reaction Score
I get this, they've been eclipsed, but I'm sure when Diaco came on board they were at the top of the league in assistant pool money. Everyone is trying to get better, mediocrity is recipe for empty stands.

Look at AAC head coaches. Diaco makes less than the head coaches at Temple, Navy, Houston, UCF, Cincinnati, and SMU, and makes similar dollars as HCs at USF and Tulane. The only HCs in the AAC who make less are Tulane, Memphis, and ECU. We are falling behind investing in football. I don't know what the answer is, but we can't keep doing what we are doing.

Reaction Score
Look at AAC head coaches. Diaco makes less than the head coaches at Temple, Navy, Houston, UCF, Cincinnati, and SMU, and makes similar dollars as HCs at USF and Tulane. The only HCs in the AAC who make less are Tulane, Memphis, and ECU. We are falling behind investing in football. I don't know what the answer is, but we can't keep doing what we are doing.

Don't look at base salary. Most of UConn's salary comes from the bonus appearances.

Reaction Score
Don't look at base salary. Most of UConn's salary comes from the bonus appearances.

I'm not. Those are the numbers. For example, Matt Ruhle at Temple is making ~$2.5 million. Chad Morris at SMU is being paid ~$2.6 million. So, yes, Diaco is at the low end of the AAC.

Reaction Score
I am not sure what thread this should be in, but I'll stick with this one.

Today Arkell and Thomas showed they are good to very good D1 skill players who had good games. BS was adequate. The O-line was adequate and yet we put just 16 points on the board? That's all Benedict needs to know. Two bonafide D1 superior skill athletes and 16 points. If you don't have the balls/money to fire Diaco on Jan 2, then you better insist on picking the next OC in late December and give him complete control of the offense. And if HCBD does not accept then fire him for cause as per some small print point that must be in his contract, ie no payout needed.

Chriky the entertainment value of bleeding with this team is tremendous. HCBD has bled all my blood.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm not. Those are the numbers. For example, Matt Ruhle at Temple is making ~$2.5 million. Chad Morris at SMU is being paid ~$2.6 million. So, yes, Diaco is at the low end of the AAC.

Based on results, he deserves to be dead last.

Reaction Score
I've got two friends coming into town that had agreed to go to the Tulane game with me. I had better triple-check to see if they still want to hang out with the other 20 fans in the stadium to cheer on an inevitable loss to a crappy team in the cold.

I used to be such a positive person...:oops:

"Winning these games is the main thing. I am not an idiot."

See--Diaco will get it done against Tulane. You and your friends and family should have a good time. Think of it as a private party in a large venue. :)

Reaction Score

Best post on this thread. Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder would even agree.

Reaction Score
He knows he sucks and is stealing our money. Look at the dude's face in the picture. Screams ulterior motives. If he had empathy, he'd feel shame.

"The people at home are frustrated." How nice of him to remember those who stayed away.
Lol. Im laughing because its easier to do that like at work when your sitting down with a co-worker having a cup of coffee b4 the work day gets going and you know that what the higher ups are doing is making matters of the worker bee such as yourself not such a good work environment. So you have a buddy to quickly vent about it while having a make you feel good laugh.
Its awful what's happening/happened to the kids so far, not to mention us fans. Yeah, I understand it takes time to build something, but the cupboard wasn't completely bare here. Thats pure hogwash whenyou put that garbage playcalling on O in the 2nd half. On top of that your D runs a passive system where you continuously allow the opposing team's O to move the football up and down th field, barely get to the their QB with the passrush. This type of play every game close philosophy gives opponents we should beat way too much hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom