Bob Diaco Post-Game Press Conference - UCF | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco Post-Game Press Conference - UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good to hear some anger, but he seems totally ignorant to reality. Says the right things then totally contradicts it with the next statement or explanation. His actions do not reflect anything that he says.

Last edited:

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Great crowd? Lots were full?
Did he even once look around ?

snow crowd and nobody left by 3rd quarter

We stayed and hoped for a miracle, but the miracle never came...again. Red zone misery again and again. I've been patient with the staff, but something has to give This Diaco/Verducci product is hard to suffer through even in good weather. Today it was so much worse.

Reaction Score
Sounds so angry about the red zone issues, like he has no fault with the results. He does sound like he knows he has to start winning or he isn't going to be here. Bottom line with this coach, he squanders way too many winnable games.

Reaction Score
He knows he sucks and is stealing our money. Look at the dude's face in the picture. Screams ulterior motives. If he had empathy, he'd feel shame.

"The people at home are frustrated." How nice of him to remember those who stayed away.

Reaction Score
I used to think this guy was the right guy. I now wouldn't trust him to sell a pocket fisherman...

Maybe I did too on his hiring date. Upon review we forgot he had ND is his background. Fatal brain dead mistake

Yes the ND crack is emotional. But this comment isn't:

So Warde should have asked, "Who are you thinking of hiring staff wise?

Diaco - I have great ties to the UVA staff and will ask a lot of them.

Warde (if he could think) you mean that FB juggernut UVA where every assistant coach under Mike London has their resume listed on every internet board?

Diaco - Yes that bunch.

Warde - How about OC?

Diaco - I'm close with an old timer, lot of experience from a midwest school.

Warde (again if he could think) Has he called plays before?

Diaco - Well no, never really called plays, but a good guy with experience.

I rest my case.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sounds so angry about the red zone issues, like he has no fault with the results. He does sound like he knows he has to start winning or he isn't going to be here. Bottom line with this coach, he squanders way too many winnable games.
Well, let's start with running RJ again in the redzone getting stuffed and then twice running him outside on another drive that stalled. They really have no idea how maximize opportunity. How you don't have your best players on the field inside the 20 is criminal.

Reaction Score
I thought he was right at his press conference. Then I saw his team in the opener and while it was a tall order to beat BYU it was impossible when you are totally Unprepared for the game. And they were unprepared for every single game that year. And that's when I knew this guy wasn't going to get it done.

Reaction Score
He constantly says"you can't give up points at the end of the first half like that..You just can't". But you always do and all these things you harp on about not doing, this team always makes you look like a fool. I just don't see the coaching aspect will ever kick in. these are not good coaches and thats that.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He constantly says"you can't give up points at the end of the first half like that..You just can't". But you always do and all these things you harp on about not doing, this team always makes you look like a fool. I just don't see the coaching aspect will ever kick in. these are not good coaches and thats that.

We can't keep doing the same things we keep doing every week without adjustment except if we keep not adjusting and thinking it'll all be ok because everyone is trying really hard.

Reaction Score
I used to think this guy was the right guy. I now wouldn't trust him to sell a pocket fisherman...

I am wondering why Warde thought that this was the right guy? He is at Michigan, is it possible that he will take his hand picked guy with him to Michigan and give us Harbaugh.?

Reaction Score
I wonder if people who knew Warde at his first AD job are surprised he is now at Michigan. The UCF AD was an egomaniac but he was also regarded as an innovator and tireless worker at the same institution. Relatively speaking. One hired Diaco, the other hired Frost. This may not be very fair though since ADs build on what the other leaves.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Maybe I did too on his hiring date. Upon review we forgot he had ND is his background. Fatal brain dead mistake

Yes the ND crack is emotional. But this comment isn't:

So Warde should have asked, "Who are you thinking of hiring staff wise?

Diaco - I have great ties to the UVA staff and will ask a lot of them.

Warde (if he could think) you mean that FB juggernut UVA where every assistant coach under Mike London has their resume listed on every internet board?

Diaco - Yes that bunch.

Warde - How about OC?

Diaco - I'm close with an old timer, lot of experience from a midwest school.

Warde (again if he could think) Has he called plays before?

Diaco - Well no, never really called plays, but a good guy with experience.

I rest my case.

Lets ask Warde if Harbough left tomorrow, would he hire Diaco in any capacity at UM?
I don't care what HCBD says from this minute onward, he can bloviate all he wants, he can slap all the asses and backs of all his players - he to me is TOAST
I cannot see how players who have played this game so many years cannot see through him and his rah rah with no substance
This guy has cost these kids so much in terms of victories.
I am not a QBBS fan but Diaco is going to get this kid killed on the field.
As I have said many times over the past few years - coaching a bunch of 5 start players can hide a lot of ineptness.
Time for UConn to decide quickly if it can afford to cut loose now and eat the large sum
Hathaway was a huge joke and hiring PP cost this program deeply- now Prez Sue and the AD have to decide if Warde did the same thing and rectify it now
While the football program is not heading in the right direction now, a school like UConn SHOULD be able to attract a competent HC

Reaction Score
Diaco's biggest problem has been offense. He replaced his original OC after year 1 and hired a very experienced coach with no experience as an OC who is now in year 2. His offense is pretty vanilla and he hasn't attracted top QB recruits to come to UConn.

UConn doesn't pay top dollar for assistants, but I would have thought Diaco could have found an innovative OC from the FCS or low level FBS. Instead he hired Verducci. The two key roles of the OC are to design an effective offensive system and then recruit a QB to run it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn doesn't pay top dollar for assistants, but I would have thought Diaco could have found an innovative OC from the FCS or low level FBS. Instead he hired Verducci.

Image. Diaco is all about image.

If he hired any of the DOZENS of cheap, qualified FCS guys and they succeeded, they'd get credit. Attention. Possibly leave for a bigger job.

Bob decided to go the safe route. It made him comfortable. Problem is, the team sucks.

Reaction Score
He honestly doesn't realize that the other 119 programs in FBS also try hard and also practice hard.

Its not like this stuff is UConn-unique.
After the UVA game he made a comment that pissed me off. "Points are down by design", we want to play low scoring games decided in the 4th.

He just doesn't seem to get that no one is going to come in and just play by his script. Today was a perfect example were dominating that game 13-0, They score a TTD, we answer with a FG, and they score a TD with one second left in the half. They risked not,scoring at all vs settling for a FG. Coaches only do that when their confident they will get other chances to score.

All of a sudden were only up 2 pts in a game we seemed to be in control of.

Even though some here insisted, that when you win you can say whatever you like, to me that speaks to a way too conservative approach to offense in an era of wide open and high scoring games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diaco's biggest problem has been offense. He replaced his original OC after year 1 and hired a very experienced coach with no experience as an OC who is now in year 2. His offense is pretty vanilla and he hasn't attracted top QB recruits to come to UConn.

UConn doesn't pay top dollar for assistants, but I would have thought Diaco could have found an innovative OC from the FCS or low level FBS. Instead he hired Verducci. The two key roles of the OC are to design an effective offensive system and then recruit a QB to run it.
When he got hired, he was given the highest pool of assistant money in the league. I'm sure that's been eclipsed by still, he should have gotten something better than he has on offense. the

Reaction Score
After the UVA game he made a comment that issued me off. "Points are down by design", we want to play low scoring games decided in the 4th.

He just doesn't seem to get that no one is going to come in and just play by his script. Today was a perfect example were dominating that game 13-0, They score a TTD, we answer with a FG, and they score a TD with one second left in the half. They risked not,scoring at all vs settling for a FG. Coaches only do that when their confident they will get other chances to score.

All of a sudden were only up 2 pts in a game we seemed to be in control of.

Even though some here insisted, that when you win you can say whatever you like, to me that speaks to a way too conservative approach to offense in an era of wide open and high scoring games.
That quote pissed me off also. I want a team that is designed to win 60-0.

Reaction Score
Good to hear some anger, but he seems totally ignorant to reality. Says the right things then totally contradicts it with the next statement or explanation. His actions do not reflect anything that he says.

This is about the 1,000th time this year he talks about things as if he has absolutely zero to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom