Boat Goes to Italy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boat Goes to Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I disagree. While tough, Boat is much more slight than Nate, who is built like a truck. I think Nate's frame allowed him to endure a physical 82 game schedule, not sure Boat's body would hold up as well and as long as Nate's did.

Fair enough on the build. I just think scoring wise and as far as being a pest he could do it. Earl Boykins lasted a long time in the league, Kemba is doing his thing. I personally dont think Boats build is a reason that he couldnt be a solid player in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Happy for Boat. Kid has and always will be a warrior. He's going to Europe where he will make six figures playing basketball. Another success story for a former player.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I disagree. While tough, Boat is much more slight than Nate, who is built like a truck. I think Nate's frame allowed him to endure a physical 82 game schedule, not sure Boat's body would hold up as well and as long as Nate's did.

This is all true but IMO, Boatright's PG skills >>>>>>>> Nate's.

Nate couldn't bring the ball across half-court if someone was guarding him. Boat's got his limitations, but ball-handling isn't one of them. If Nate wasn't hitting his shots, he was pretty terrible.

Reaction Score
hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
Next game is Sunday 1/31. Really hope Ryan explodes. Watching him in the D-League I thought he had a chance. Nice mid range jumper, fast break, great passing. He worked hard on his game but the one thing he couldn't work on was his size.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Next game is Sunday 1/31. Really hope Ryan explodes. Watching him in the D-League I thought he had a chance. Nice mid range jumper, fast break, great passing. He worked hard on his game but the one thing he couldn't work on was his size.

They televise those D-league games?

Reaction Score
This is all true but IMO, Boatright's PG skills >>>>>>>> Nate's.

Nate couldn't bring the ball across half-court if someone was guarding him. Boat's got his limitations, but ball-handling isn't one of them. If Nate wasn't hitting his shots, he was pretty terrible.
Just different body types and different players, that was my point. I didn't see the Nate comparison being that accurate just because they're the same height. I think Boat can play in the league at some point and would be thrilled if he could have a 10 year career like Nate did.

Reaction Score
Yup. Every game is live streamed on Youtube. Throw it to my TV with Amazon fire. Next up is Deandre Daniels on Friday with the Raptors 905.
D League TV

That is pretty fantastic information, thanks for this!

Reaction Score
Wait, Eurobasket internet info is unreliable? Whodda thunk.

Nice job TCF.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can we get these announcers? They sound great. I don't care if I don't know what they are saying.

Foreign announcers are so superior to American ones its absurd. Have you heard the Germans or South Americans do NFL? It's awesome. English or Latin soccer announcers? Amazing.

I don't know how our guys get selected, but it's frankly the result is woeful. Joe Buck? Twit. Troy Aikman? Door knob. Phil Simms? Probably has CTE. Mike Patrick? Worst. etc, etc, etc.

We have to cringe through broadcasts, while foreigners get to soar with the eagles. It's a national travesty.

Reaction Score
So I found a pretty nice worry-free live stream of the game and watched about 3/4 of it. Ryan had around 17 pts, couldn't tell because it's all in Italian and the graphics suck. He hit a couple beautiful shots --a 3 ball late in the 4th where he ran the base line caught a pass in the corner and sank a deep 3. His team which is not very good at 5-12 won by 27 against an equally bad team. The level of play looks like a couple notches below the D-League.

The home arena is small, seats maybe 2-3 thousand, but it was packed and the fans love their team. Lots of loud cheering, banner waving and the crowd stayed at the end of the game to cheer madly. Also, the cameraman loved Boatright and focused on him during all the action breaks. I think they're all curious about this little guy who won the National Championship. He could be a star on the island of Sicily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom