Boat Goes to Italy | The Boneyard

Boat Goes to Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am sure this is Boat's second choice BUT the opportunity to make a good sum of money exists overseas and he can still get into the league with good performance.
Best of luck Boat
Thanks for the memories

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I am sure this is Boat's second choice BUT the opportunity to make a good sum of money exists overseas and he can still get into the league with good performance.
Best of luck Boat
Thanks for the memories

He'll be making a ton more than he ever could've in Grand Rapids. I don't know exact figures, but Italian teams pay their players very well.

Reaction Score
Interesting that he was waived by the Grand Rapids Drive on January 21st. Possibly at his request so that he could pursue the opportunity in Italy?

In any event, I hope he flourishes over there and enjoys his time in Italy. Making nice $ in Italy isnt a bad gig at all.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
From Wikipedia:

>>"Capo d'Orlando is renowned, among other things for its beautiful coastline, which offers a wonderful view of the Aeolian islands right in front, a remarkable coastal landscape and stunning sunsets to be admired."<<

Reaction Score
He'll be making a ton more than he ever could've in Grand Rapids. I don't know exact figures, but Italian teams pay their players very well.
And a ton more than his fellow classmates that graduated in his class (he did graduate, right?).

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll get blown up for it by some people but I think this is probably more suited to his overall game. I think he can be a heck of a player overseas and probably make quite a bit more money than he would bouncing around the D-League and some 10-day contracts for the next couple of years. Good for him, hopefully he turns into a big-time player over there.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll get blown up for it by some people but I think this is probably more suited to his overall game. I think he can be a heck of a player overseas and probably make quite a bit more money than he would bouncing around the D-League and some 10-day contracts for the next couple of years. Good for him, hopefully he turns into a big-time player over there.

I don't think you will get blown up for that. It's a great situation for Boat.

Reaction Score
Good for Boat! Speaking of ex uconn players playing over seas, what is up with DeAndre?

Reaction Score

I honestly think he could be every bit as good as Nate was in the NBA. I think he can score just as well AND i think he would be a better and more scrappy defender. Maybe a year or 2 and some NBA teams gets him to fill a back up role? I think with the right team and fit, he could really be a good player in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I honestly think he could be every bit as good as Nate was in the NBA. I think he can score just as well AND i think he would be a better and more scrappy defender. Maybe a year or 2 and some NBA teams gets him to fill a back up role? I think with the right team and fit, he could really be a good player in the NBA.
I disagree. While tough, Boat is much more slight than Nate, who is built like a truck. I think Nate's frame allowed him to endure a physical 82 game schedule, not sure Boat's body would hold up as well and as long as Nate's did.

Reaction Score
I disagree. While tough, Boat is much more slight than Nate, who is built like a truck. I think Nate's frame allowed him to endure a physical 82 game schedule, not sure Boat's body would hold up as well and as long as Nate's did.
Yeah Nate is a freak and belongs in the NBA, whereas Boat is marginal and team specific. Nate can and has played on many teams, meaning there is a place for him on a lot of NBA team's roster. Boat would need to find a team that can use him, whereas teams find where to use Nate.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Smart move by Boat. Who knows, he may get another shot at the NBA. Maybe not. But he'll make great money in the meantime. He has all the tools to be very, very successful overseas.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
New nickname: Gondolier

I don't know why, but this makes me think of swinging testiculos. There's probably something wrong with me. Unless that is what you meant. Then, great minds...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't know why, but this makes me think of swinging testiculos. There's probably something wrong with me. Unless that is what you meant. Then, great minds...
No, there is definitely something wrong with you.

I was just thinking that, in Italy, the man who rights the boat is the gondolier.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No, there is definitely something wrong with you.

I was just thinking that, in Italy, the man who rights the boat is the gondolier.

ahahha. I know, but in my head it went to 'chandelier', then 'hanging', then 'swinging testiculos'. Hopefully Boat brings his pair of Model 2014s to Europe.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Good for Boat! Speaking of ex uconn players playing over seas, what is up with DeAndre?
DeAndre is inactive on the Raptor 805's (D-League Team) and is still recovering from injury.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He'll 100% get invited to summer league with somebody next year, and probably training camp as well.

Good to here. I'm kind of unfamiliar with how it works in the NBA. I do know that some guys get to Europe and just get buried there. I think Boat will improve over there immensely as well, far more than he would have in the developmental league. The irony of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom