Blue lot parking fakes | The Boneyard

Blue lot parking fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Just got an email... Apparently tailgating is a hoter event than the game... People are making counterfeit passes to get in. Bet those are the same people who don't ever make it inside the rent. Of people aren't going inside for the WHOLE game I'd rather have the extra parking so that we don't ever have to be the dreaded front car.

Reaction Score
Yeah. They were checking passes for the NC State game. First time in ten years they've done that

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know some people that use these - they aren't even really great forgeries.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you hang around with scumbags?

Actually no. I work with someone who is related to someone who produces them. I've seen one of the passes but I've never actually met the people, so I should have said know of people who do.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Harsh assumption. Besides, snitches get stitches, !

Harsh, schmarch. I bet guys who use phony passes are the same guys who throw their beer bottles in the toilets.

Reaction Score
As Skiblets mentioned, there were security guards going down the lines in Blue Lot as you parked at the N.C.State game. They collected the perforated bottoms of the parking passes. I imagine that these could be used to match the preprinted serial numbers with those on forged tickets made through photoshop. Bushnell would then be able to identify the forger for disciplinary reasons.

Reaction Score
I know a guy who does business with Al Lazowski, said it was a real problem for the UMass/NC St games. A lot of people who paid the freight for blue passes did not get parking spots. They plan to look for tags during the game and tow cars that either do not have passes or have fake passes.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
you guys should post this thread. just be quiet about it and come saturday the ppl will get caught. now they can view this thread for a heads up...

Reaction Score
Just got an email... Apparently tailgating is a hoter event than the game... People are making counterfeit passes to get in. Bet those are the same people who don't ever make it inside the rent. Of people aren't going inside for the WHOLE game I'd rather have the extra parking so that we don't ever have to be the dreaded front car.

Forte - Was your email a notice from the university or a personal contact. I haven't seen anything public. I noticed they were taking stubs at the NC State game too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just was a general email addressed to season ticket holders.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I got the same email and also noticed that they chased me down like 100 yards at the NC State game just to rip my stub.

It's nothing new though. Anyone remember the passes for the 1st year at The Rent? They we just baby blue pieces of paper and we copied the out of those things! I'd say the counterfeiting is being done so people can get a different lot than they got issued, at least that's why we did it back in the day.

Reaction Score
I know a guy who does business with Al Lazowski, said it was a real problem for the UMass/NC St games. A lot of people who paid the freight for blue passes did not get parking spots. They plan to look for tags during the game and tow cars that either do not have passes or have fake passes.

I was parked next to a guy that a security person came up and said the pass was fake. The only problem then is that by the time they told him, there was no way in hell they could get that car out without creating major havoc. If they're checking, they need to do it prior to the car entering the Blue Lot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I got the same email and also noticed that they chased me down like 100 yards at the NC State game just to rip my stub.

It's nothing new though. Anyone remember the passes for the 1st year at The Rent? They we just baby blue pieces of paper and we copied the out of those things! I'd say the counterfeiting is being done so people can get a different lot than they got issued, at least that's why we did it back in the day.

I am pretty sure they do it to make money selling them.

Reaction Score
I was parked next to a guy that a security person came up and said the pass was fake. The only problem then is that by the time they told him, there was no way in hell they could get that car out without creating major havoc. If they're checking, they need to do it prior to the car entering the Blue Lot.

Problem is its difficult to catch everyone when it gets hectic. Most tailgating gear is taken down when by the time the game starts. The idea is to tow cars with either either a fake pass or no pass during the game so that it becomes less and less of an issue in the future.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
we've seen plenty of fakes and cars without passes in the blue lot over the past 5 years, and its DEF rampant among people who don't go into the game. I would assume most of the people who copy passes are smart enough to photoshop the ticket number so whoever is supplying the original dont get in trouble. I've also seen "tips" passed to parking attendants to slide into the blue, another reason they were taking and counting stubs. Just charge some of the counterfitters with theft of services and the word will get around real quickly.

Reaction Score

Thanks. My emails get blocked randomly and for some reason the UCONN ticket office emails go to my spam folder even after I white list them ... weird.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its pretty simple. boot the cars that have fakes.

Reaction Score
It does stink for those that had Blue lot passes and got turned away, but the Parking Authority created this situation by not checking the passes for the past 8-9 years. They checked them in Red/Grey since day 1, not sure why Blue lot was different.

Problem solved now.

Reaction Score
well, when I first bought tickets to games, they were $25 apiece. now those same tickets are $30 apiece, 20% higher!. Parking passes used to be $50 and are now $95, so they've gone up 90%. ITs pretty clear the people who run the Rent have realized the value of the tailgate has improved dramatically more than the play on the field over the past 10 years :cool:

Reaction Score
now I know why they wanted stubs for first time since 2003. . . .BTW I hate "the dreaded front spot". Also hate the weekly new wrinkle in the parking plan. Always new creative ways to reinvent the wheel and add an unnecessary headache.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Just pay the vig it all goes to the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom