Blown up and embarrassed | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Blown up and embarrassed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Louisville could be the best team in the country, they are certainly one of the best 5, and my darkhorse pick to win the championship. They play like a Jim Calhoun team, tough, physical, fast, disciplined, together. KO knows where he needs to get the team to but he hasn't yet mastered the JC psychological manipulation, we still have some players who play soft and we don't get top effort from all players at all times. The rebounding and defensive effort is not all there, and against physical athletic defenses the offense can collapse. We don't "out-will" the opponent as JC used to say. Louisville does.

It is a learning experience for KO. UConn still has a decent shot at the Sweet Sixteen depending on draw. We could go farther if lucky. We have some great players committed for the next few years -- reel in a top big man and a point guard and we'll be a contender in for the 2016 title.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The team that JC was handed did not have multiple players that had won a NC!!!!! That does not compare to the team that Ollie was handed.

It is insane to compare the two.
He was talking about JC's entire career. Where he did indeed fail to make the ncaa tourney on occasion and had early exits, not just their first years.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The team that JC was handed did not have multiple players that had won a NC!!!!! That does not compare to the team that Ollie was handed.

Yeah, but Ollie is in year TWO of his HC career. If you want to talk about when he started, which I wasn't, JC had 400 games under his belt when he showed up. That's a wee bit more experience.

And really, only 1 player that matters on this team won an NC, as a solid role player.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's because a 70 year old has some perspective and understands that the program doesn't have to be shut down after 1 particularly bad loss. I think Husky999 would benefit from spending some time with that woman.

She'd probably punch him in the mouth. 70 year old's have no time for that .

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Out coached, out played out toughed. Spanked. I hope Daniels leaves this year.
Where the hell is he going to?
The only place he has to go to is the weight room for muscle and the cardiologist for a heart
He is the softest player since Rudy Gay but not nearly as talented
I had such high hopes for this guy but he just aint got what takes. too bad

Reaction Score
I thought that was a bizarre point, too. As if inheriting Olander gives Ollie some kind of pronounced advantage.

I know he was on the team, but I can't remember TO doing one meaningful thing on the 2011 team.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Honestly this is pathetic. When had Ollie ever won a big game he wasn't supposed to win???
Michigan State, Syracuse among others last year
Florida this year
This is an bs post

Reaction Score
I know he was on the team, but I can't remember TO doing one meaningful thing on the 2011 team.

Scoring the opening hoop of multiple important games and getting big rebounds. I remember that. He really only played about 5 minutes tho.

pj

Reaction Score
They certainly aren't the best team in the country.

They are #2 in kenpom.com rankings and only a whisker behind Arizona for #1. I think they are arguably #1, or at least playing the best of anyone, if the officials allow them to play their style.

Reaction Score
For everyone ripping on Daniels, realize that he has a sweet shot from all over the court, but he does not have anywhere near the athleticism of UConn players in the past. In fact, this team has no dynamic player that can even bring it downcourt on a break and slam it with only one defender on him. In the past, UConn has had multiple such players on the same team. A Roscoe and Lamb, a Dyson and Stanley, a Rudy etc.

This UConn team simply doesn't have any of that dynamism. The two dynamic players on the entire team average below 6 feet in height and they aren't dunking over anyone.

Luckily, the players coming in over the next few years, like Purvis and Prince Ali, are athletic freaks.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you think Louisville is a slouch overrated team, then you're mistaken. They are really hot right now at the right time. They have a really good shot to get back to the Final Four.

Losing to a Final Four caliber team isn't embarrassing. Losing by 30 is. There's a grey area though, and we are on the wrong side. I'm sorry for blabbering. They made me drink today. I vowed to quit. Oh well. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Scoring the opening hoop of multiple important games and getting big rebounds. I remember that. He really only played about 5 minutes tho.

Wasn't trying to blast him or anything. I just can't remember him on that team. I know he didn't play many minutes.

Reaction Score

Your point makes no sense. So this would never be a knock on JC to me but by your line of thinking, where does the preseason #4 2011 team fit in? The one that finished outside the top 25 and got embarrassed in the 1st round?

Reaction Score
For everyone ripping on Daniels, realize that he has a sweet shot from all over the court, but he does not have anywhere near the athleticism of UConn players in the past.

Glad people are starting to see this... DD plays in slow motion. When he has a full head of steam in transition he can rise, but otherwise he looks a step slow. Essentially he's a spot up shooter. When he puts it on the floor bad things happen.

Reaction Score
This thread is a hot steamy pile that does not need to be bumped up. F%$& bashing our fan base.
I don't see why people feel the need to bump a thread dominated by a few toolboxes at a time we deserve to enjoy our joy.

Stop it.

Reaction Score
It's easy to pick on posts that are made immediately after tough losses. Stop trying to shoot fish in a barrel and acting as if the people who said stuff actually said it yesterday.

Reaction Score
This thread is a hot steamy pile that does not need to be bumped up. F%$& bashing our fan base.
I don't see why people feel the need to bump a thread dominated by a few toolboxes at a time we deserve to enjoy our joy.

Stop it.

It's for the Mojo. I mean these threads weren't too ridiculous. It's not like people posted on the boneyard about how bad of a coach KO is or how he can never win a big game. If only we had the best young coach in college basketball, then we'd be in the final four.

Reaction Score

Stop it.

Should have been clearer, didn't mean to bash the fan base just those who ruin this board after a loss. Bumping these threads can remind them how foolish they can look by bashing their team after a loss.Maybe next time they'll think before they post (probably not).

The support for this team shouldn't be dependent on wins and losses, it should be constant, just like the effort we see day in and day out from this team.

Reaction Score
This thread shows how much mentally tougher our team is than our fanbase
Every fan base has guys like Husky 999 and Palantine, two dopes do not sum up the whole fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom