Blown up and embarrassed | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Blown up and embarrassed

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Fishy could install a breathalyzer so you had to blow a .07 before you type, the IQ of this thread/board would go up considerably.

No, I'm pretty sure much of this display is alcohol and drug free.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We have exactly 1 legit road win all year.
What would you have done differently in any of those games? We're still suffering player wise from being banned from the tournament. This team is Napier and a prayer. I'm shocked we won 20+ last year and I'm thrilled we won as many as we did this year. Ollie's starting to recruit his kind of team. Look what he did with someone else's recruits.

Reaction Score
No I count that was a . g game to 999…….he only comes here when they lose I'm sure…..pretty easy to figure out!
In our"big" games position by position do we have better players out there this year than our opponents. Probably not. Bazz yup then it goes the other way pretty fast. I hate to say this but Boat just isn't that good. Yup I said it. 37% shooting from a 5'11" guard doesn't cut it. KO has won more with less than HCJC did with Dyson sticks and crew!

Reaction Score
KO doesn't have his players yet and it makes a difference. He has done avery good job with his non-prototypical players. Someone commented that JC wouldn't let this happen, but I distinctly remember a game where Louisvilee was running us around in circles under his tutelage. i think they beat us by 40 or 50 if i am not mistaken. So *t does happen. KO is doing a good job with this team with some quality wins. The talent just isn't there right now.

Reaction Score
Terrible match up is code name for more talented. I don't care about the way the other team plays good talented teams find ways to stay competitive. Calhoun teams did. So any team with big guys that plays physical defense is a bad matchup for us? Wow looks like we aren't going far this year. KO got out coached and our guys were just not playing smart today and got out played. Recipe for disaster when we live off one player. Stop SN and you stop uconn. Kind of sad!

Louisville is better and more talented than us. That in part makes a bad matchup. But, we have and will struggle against physical equally athletic teams. Especially ones that have physical talent down low and in the college game Harrell is as physical as they come. He's a man and we have nothing even remotely close to him. We were definitely outcoached (by a hall of famer at that). We are an extremely flawed team in that we really have 1 1/2 (Boat has his great moments and his wtf moments) guys who can create a shot. Everything is really dependent on Bazz making plays. However, there might be 2 or 3 guys in the country who can equal Bazz even on a bad day and Russ Smith, even though he didn't look to score, did that today.

Reaction Score
Whaaaaaa. I say we never win a game when were an underdog and all you babies can't take it.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Whaaaaaa. I say we never win a game when were an underdog and all you babies can't take it.
The problem is that you obviously don't know what your talking about and this thread is

EMBARRASSING!

Reaction Score
This. I don't know why this is so controversial. The jury is still out. You are judged in college hoops how you do in March. At UConn or anywhere. Ollie is very unproven so far.

Correct me here, if I am wrong, but this will be KO's 1st NCAA'S as head coach, right?

Reaction Score
2 years in a row they just quit against Louisville.

2011-2012 and 2010-2011 Louisville spanked us in the Yum Center and 2009-2010 they spanked us in Freedom Hall. They have owned us and it hasn't mattered who was coaching us.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I proudly wore my UCONN hoody to the store after that asswuppin, and a 70 year old lady down here in Greensboro said, "UCONN, I watched the game today, but tomorrow's a new day.
That's because a 70 year old has some perspective and understands that the program doesn't have to be shut down after 1 particularly bad loss. I think Husky999 would benefit from spending some time with that woman.

Reaction Score
There are few on this board who don't get what this team's weaknesses are. At times they are masked with incredible performances by individuals usually Bazz, but after one like this all you can do is sit in the corner and laugh like a hyena for awhile. One thing i'm pretty sure of is that it's not the coaching staff under preparing the players or not anticipating what Louisville was gonna do. Inability to match up or execute, well that's a different story.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
It's not that we're all babies, it's that we take into consideration what our team really is. As someone earlier said, if you compared us with the good teams in the league, the only person that we have that is better than theirs is Bazz at the point. You on the other hand find a stat like road wins against whatever you deem a quality opponent and beat on it mercilessly without any kind of intelligent thought put into it. That is why us "babies" are ganging up on you. Step back from your argument for a sec and answer this question which I asked before. What should Ollie have done differently? He will live and die by Napier until the quality of the cast gets better and given what I've seen from the recruiting page we have some good players coming.

Reaction Score
So we lost to the defending National Champs on their home court, on senior day, with their all-time winningest combination of players suiting up? Never want to get blown out by almost 40, but if ever there was a day the stars were aligned for it, today was most definitely it. Ollie will get these guys to dust themselves off and hopefully ready to roll for the AAC tourney!

Reaction Score
Yeah, but that doesn't get decided after year 1 either. JC has gotten bounced in round 1. Made the NIT a number of times too.

Ollie gets some time.

The team that JC was handed did not have multiple players that had won a NC!!!!! That does not compare to the team that Ollie was handed.

It is insane to compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32