Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway?

Reaction Score
i'm confused. ND get's a home game at Fenway and Boston College is the away team.
Everyone laughs and wonders how low BC has fallen.

Uconn now has a home game in Boston, BC is still the away team, and people are up in arms.

what am i missing?
^ This

Reaction Score
This thread and negative attitude is getting old. Maybe we should look at it as whats best for the program and not us personally. I agree that I'd prefer a game at the Rent if I still lived in CT. But this draws attention, its different, heck maybe it'll pick up a curious fan or two. Try and look at ways it can benefit the team/program instead of how its bad for me. Look at all the big time schools that are playing neutral site games this year. Without even looking I know Atlanta will host a game between 2 teams not from GA. Wisconsin played a home game in Green Bay this past year. Awesomeness! Think LSU wasn't a big time game for them that fans wouldn't want in Madison? You can pick it apart and say how each situation is not like ours, but whats the use? This draws attention to the program, thats more important than fans having to travel a little farther to the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BCU stabs us in the back and we respond by giving them a two for none.

Reaction Score
This decision is a no-brainer. What's people's problems with it?
We played in their house, now I would like them to play in ours as we agreed. I wouldn't care if we had never played at Alumni Stadium and just played this or if they came to the Rent this year and did Fenway the year after.

Reaction Score
To compare, I believe our ticket revenue to be close to if not a million for a sold out rent.
So if this game would have drawn 35,000 or so, we are doing this for a whopping $300,000 or so windfall?
Doesn't exactly put a dent in the Diaco buyout.

Reaction Score
This decision is a no-brainer. What's people's problems with it?
Lots of people on here will b***h about literally anything, whether it's reasonable or not. (Not me, though - I only b***h about reasonable things.)

I don't want to make this into anything more than it is, and obviously the money is the major motivating factor here. But so many of UConn's actions the past few years have been to put themselves in the best position possible if/when expansion happens in the future. By no means do I think this game will make big waves, but if giving up a home game to play BC at Fenway or Syracuse at MSG helps expand the UConn brand, I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
For me it's pretty simple. If this game helped to get Fiasco out of the Burton complex then how could any rational fan be against it? #canthaveitbothways

Reaction Score
I totally understand the arguments against the move, but for me personally, I'll take the weekend up in Boston. Should be a hell of a time and the athletic department makes a quick buck too. Fine by me.

Reaction Score
To compare, I believe our ticket revenue to be close to if not a million for a sold out rent.
So if this game would have drawn 35,000 or so, we are doing this for a whopping $300,000 or so windfall?

I can't believe Benedict would take 1.25 mil guaranteed when there is a chance (a pretty small one based on the past few years) that there might, maybe, possibly, be 35k in the stands at the Rent so that he could make LESS money even if that improbable event happens. He is an idiot...fire him now.

Reaction Score
It's a great deal for BC, maybe we can schedule a hoops and hockey games at the Garden with BC that weekend. Make BC the home team for hoops and hockey.

Reaction Score
I expect ticket prices to start at $100 and go up to $250 per seat to make the numbers work.

Reaction Score
I can't believe Benedict would take 1.25 mil guaranteed when there is a chance (a pretty small one based on the past few years) that there might, maybe, possibly, be 35k in the stands at the Rent so that he could make LESS money even if that improbable event happens. He is an idiot...fire him now.

Understand the post.
I said 35,000 or so. Would it be 32 or 33? It really doesn't matter. We had that for Virginia last year. Would the gain be an extra 350,000 instead of 300,000? You have to weigh that vs pissing off a portion of your fan base, some of whom say on here now that they will not purchase season tickets.
How does that work into your guarantee?
Fire yourself

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom