Blaudschun thinks Ollie will look at NBA this off-season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun thinks Ollie will look at NBA this off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No one is paying more than us to have Kevin Ollie coach their team.
I'm sure there are other schools that would be willing to pay more than $3 million a year for Kevin Ollie - especially some of the bottom feeders in the P5.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm sure there are other schools that would be willing to pay more than $3 million a year for Kevin Ollie - especially some of the bottom feeders in the P5.
I mean a significant amount more

Reaction Score
Dope patrol. Sounds like someone is not doing their homework. I do get someday he will look at the NBA but especially now, best recruiting class in his HC life and great kids coming back?

NOT HAPPENING

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Never say never BUT I think it is very unlikely that KO leaves when he has recruited such talent the next 2 years

Reaction Score
I think he stays because he loves the ability to influence the lives of these kids. He gets tons of respect from his team, while, from my observations, the pros dictate to the coach more than the coach to the players.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

There aren't too many. As many schools are learning, just because their athletic programs are pulling in tens of millions doesn't mean those same athletic programs get to spend tens of millions. Money is fungible, and that money either gets transferred to the general fund, or reduces the general fund's subsidy to the athletic program. The case of Les Miles at LSU is Exhibit A of this. The boosters had the cash to fire him, but spending $12MM to buy out a football coach would have caused a political firestorm at a university facing massive cuts from the state.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I bet JC and KO had some discussions on this. JC has been around the block a few times at least. I'm sure he knew Ollie's potential and what any level of success at Uconn would do to his marketability. Last think JC wants is to have HIS guy bolt before the transition is complete and to see the program he build fall apart. I'm not suggesting that KO is staying for 20+ years, but I do think JC and Ollie have an understanding about commitment to the program and a certain timeframe in mind before Ollie leaves for greener pastures at the next level.

Any level of success that Ollie has at Uconn is going to get his name mentioned for other jobs. Even JC flirted with South Carolina and the Lakers during his tenure.

Calhoun in South Carolina
John_C_Calhoun_by_Mathew_Brady,_1849.jpg

Reaction Score
Ollie is not leaving for a few years with his recent recruiting. He will be eager to see what he can do with all of his new toys

Reaction Score
Blaudschein really doesn't know KO and his loyalty to UConn like we do. He is building a team for the next few years that has great potential, and it will be totally his team. They are coming because of him, and he is not the type to bolt. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom